yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 2087
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-11 19:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
At more than US$5M per megawatt,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the Guyana Government is pushing ahead to construct a hydro power plant that is more than double the amount being used for plants being built around the world.The government is insisting that the project is economical,Cheap NFL Jerseys, viable and sustainable.The most recent comparison was undertaken by Former Auditor General, Anand Goolsarran. He found that hydro power projects around the world are being built at an average of US$2.32M per megawatt, as against the US$5.1M per megawatt being proposed for the Amaila Falls Hydro Electric Plant.The plant was initially proposed to be built by Makeswar ‘Fip’ Motilall’s Synergy Holdings Inc but when he couldn’t find a financial backer, he sold his license for US$12M to Sithe Global.In his comparison of the US$840M Amaila Falls Hydro Electric Plant, Goolsaran drew reference to the 147MW Plant proposed to be built in Pakistan at a cost of US$362M.This would mean that the Pakistani project is being built at a cost of US$2.46M per megawatt.Goolsarran pointed also to Nepal, where Spark Hydro Power is set to commence construction of a 101MW plant for US$186.2MThis means that the plant is being built at US$1.84M per mega watt.In Guinea, Semafo Inc.,China NFL Jerseys, a Canadian Gold Producer that mines in West Africa is building a 130MW plant on the Cogon River for US$230M. That translates to US$1.77M per mega watt.It was noted too that last month the Ugandan Government awarded a contract for a massive 600MW Hydro Electric Plant along with a transmission line for a total of US$1.65B.This translates to the cost per mega watt being US2.75M.In 2009 Benin’s state owned utilities company, Communaute Electrique Du Benin (CEB) and China Sinohydro inked a contract for the construction of a 147MW plant for US$366M or US$2.49M per mega watt.Goolsarran’s comparisons also drew on the fact that in November 2010, Brazil inaugurated six hydro stations with a total capacity of 645MW in the Goias StateThese projects come with a total price tag of US$1.72B, working out to a per mega watt cost of US$2.66M.The former auditor general did caution that the cost structures in various countries would vary depending on a variety of factors, “but the comparison does give us a general idea that Amaila Hydropower project may be significantly overpriced.”Goolsarran is among the latest to come out criticizing the project in its current form and suggests that it is not too late for the Government to reset the process to allow adequate time for parliamentarians and other stakeholders to seriously reflect on the Government’s proposal.According to the Former Auditor General,Cheap NFL Jerseys, ever since the conceptualization of the project in 1997 the government did not see it fit to engage the National Assembly on the project despite its magnitude.“This is despite the fact that it is this body that has to pass the relevant legislation to approve funding for the project, including lifting the ceiling for the guarantee of loans” to cover the Power Purchase Agreement between the Guyana Power and Light and the Amaila Falls Hydro Inc.Amaila Falls Hydro Inc is the special purchase company incorporated in Guyana to build the plant and facilitate the payments from GPL to Sithe Global.According to Goolsarran, it was only when the Government needed the support of the legislature that disclosures were made on a confidential basis.“However, such disclosures raise more questions than answers and the action of the Combined Opposition in exercising caution and financial prudence appears quite justified.”According to Goolsarran it is perhaps that the Government did not anticipate that it would have lost control of the National Assembly.He said that had Government maintained a majority in the House, the Hydro Electric Power Bill along with the motion to raise the debt ceiling would have gained easy passage.Name PriceMWCost Per MegaWattAmaila Falls US$840M165US$5.1MPakistanUS$362M147US$2.4MNepalUS$186.2M101US$1.84MGuineaUS$230M130US$1.8MSudanUS$760M1200US$0.7MUgandaUS$1.65B600US$2.75MIlisu,Cheap MLB Jerseys, TurkeyUS$1.6B1200US$1.3MEthiopiaUS$600M420US$1.5BrazilUS$1.72B645US$2.66MMono River, TogoUS$366.6M147US$2.49MChinese ,Jerseys NFL Cheap, Three GorgesUS$23B18000US$1.3M

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2396
用戶失蹤天數 1872
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-11 21:12 
The Guyana Public Service Union is calling for the expeditious completion of the renovation works on the buildings of the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of Human Services and Social Security since according to them, workers need to be in a healthy and conducive atmosphere.The GPSU said that they have been closely monitoring,China Jerseys, for some time,2014 Olympic Team USA #44 Brooks Orpik White Stitched NHL Jersey, the rehabilitation works being executed on the two buildings. The Union said they feel it is opportune to register their dissatisfaction at the sloth with which these repairs have been proceeding, and the deplorable working conditions that staffers have to suffer and endure.According to the GPSU,Jerseys NFL Cheap, construction has been ongoing for quite some time and yet, the progress so far appears inconsistent with monies disbursed and time elapsed.Moreso,Authentic NFL Jerseys, the union said, it is evident from the work completed to date that the obvious enormous expenditure on the building so far is unjustified, does not indicate value for money and represents yet another misuse of public funds. The union said that this continues to be a serious concern.“While works are being done,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, the staff has to subsist in a cramped, dusty and noisy environment that defies even the minimum standards under the Occupational Health and Safety laws of the country.”The union noted that such atrocious conditions can lessen the morale of the workers and impair their ability to perform efficiently and productively, even as they strive diligently to meet the needs of various stakeholders and the general public.In recognizing the increasing demand for the services of the two ministries, and the expansion in their remit, the Government has announced the construction of new offices that would house all departments and staff.However, for various reasons, construction of these facilities has stalled. Further, there have been several pronouncements by senior government functionaries suggesting that the buildings could be identified for other uses.According to the union, this is a demoralizing effect on the staff and compounds the existing deplorable situation in which they currently find themselves.With that being said, the GPSU pointed out that they are impressed with the concerns for the plight of the staff that has been shown by the two new Ministers, Dr. Nanda Gopaul and Ms. Jennifer Webster and the alacrity with which they have moved to address this untenable situation.Notwithstanding their efforts to date, the Union called for the expeditious completion of the renovation works to the building in Cornhill Street so that workers can operate in a healthy environment.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 2087
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-12 00:51 
By Abena RockcliffeMixed emotions of anger and pain consumed a West Coast Demerara family last evening after hearing news about the demise of a loved one.Dead is 17-year-old Imran Mohamed aka Dado of 951, #2 Canal Belle West Scheme. The teen was pronounced dead on arrival at the West Demerara Regional Hospital after sustaining a single stab wound to the abdomen.Reports are that Mohamed, who practices carpentry for a living,cheap jerseys from china, was confronted on Belle West Road by three neighbourhood youths on bicycle.Dead: Imran MohamedA friend of the deceased, Harish Persaud aka Ravi, who was accompanying him at the time of the incident, said that they were confronted by the suspects just outside a neighbourhood shop around 18:25hrs.? The visibly terrified teen said that he and Mohamed had just come out of a neighbourhood shop and were making their way home.“The three ah dem just ride up to we and two ah dem collect Dado and start beating he. De other one corner me and hold one ah dem flip knife down hay (pointing to his bleeding chin) and me and he get into a li’l brawl. Fuh a li’l while this go on and the other two just keep beating away on Dado.When dem done and go away I run over to the trench wha dem had he and I see he bleeding nuff nuff. I rip off he vest and strap it round he belly and he cousin run and call fuh help. Then he aunty dem come and we carry he to the hospital. He ain’t even had a chance fuh live… not a chance.”Ravi, as he fought his tears, said that he knows all three suspects from the neighbourhood, but only could have identified one by name.? The youth said that he believes that that individual is the one that made the single fatal stab.Ravi said that he feels the confrontation stemmed from a “chain story” that occurred three to four months ago.Loud screams and angry talk aimed at police ranks characterized the scene at the West Demerara Hospital as relatives gathered and try to understand “what really happened”.Mohamed’s mother,Jerseys NFL Cheap, Rajnie Persaud aka Pam, was inconsolable at the hospital as she cried “I can’t live without mah sunnaboy, owww lawd, why you tek he so early?”The woman told this newspaper that the dead teen was her only son and also the last of her three children. She explained that Mohamed only travelled from Berbice yesterday and arrived at her house around midday.The distraught mother said that her son spends most of his time in Berbice with his father to work. According to Persaud, he usually spends a month out of town, visits her for a few days then returns to Berbice. However,Wholesale NBA Jerseys China, on this occasion, Mohamed returned after three weeks as he was scheduled to do some carpentry work in Buxton from today.Persaud said that after receiving news of her son’s demise, she went to both the Wales and La Grange Police Stations, where ranks were uncooperative.? She said that her first report was made around 18:45hrs.It is only until this newspaper was at the hospital premises that a plainclothes female police took statements from the dead teen’s mother and the friend who reportedly witnessed the ordeal.Another rank who visited the hospital explained that the police had no vehicle at the time.Natasha Danasy, aunt of the deceased, who assisted in taking him to the hospital, recounted her last moments with her nephew.She said that she was alerted of Mohamed’s stabbing by her young son who saw him lying in a grassed corner of the street surrounded by a crowd.According to Danasy,Wholesale Jerseys China, her son was making his way home “when he see the crowd. Well this is how he stay, once he see a crowd he does got to go see is wha and come back and tell you the story from A to B. But he say when he bore through the crowd and see he cousin laying deh helpless with he friend watching he,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, he (her son) just dash down the bread and sugar and run home call we.“Me run in me neighbour yard and he start he car right away and carry we to the hospital. All de time I had Dado (the mortally wounded teen) on me lap de whole way. I stop at the super market,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, buy Limacol and de sapping he head.? All me a tell he is ‘come on Dado catch yourself, catch yourself fuh aunty nah’ and me see he lip move and nothing else. I thought he got unconscious, then I feel he get