yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-13 05:08 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“We were on a truck and of course I like to hug, and I don’t care what you look like, I don’t care if you’re red, yellow or blue or green. I come out and give you a hug and tell you that the Lord loves you and then I give you food. I just simply love people.”By Dale AndrewsThis week’s ‘special person’ prefers to be referred to only as ‘Sister H’. She did not give any reason but it apparently has to do with her work as a volunteer with prisoners in Canada. She is now creating a serious impression in her homeland, Guyana, with her many charitable ventures.Although she has lived most of her life out of this country, many people – especially the less fortunate (and these include prisoners both present and former) – are already enchanted by her approach to humanity.This daughter of the soil directs a street, prison and community organization in Canada, which entails working with the homeless and prisoners, as well as with their families.However, she has seen the need to do the same in her country of birth, and while many are not aware of the impact of her work here, the beneficiaries and their families are living proof of the love ‘Sister H’ has for the human being.Her work stems from the teachings of the Bible and since ‘Sister H’ is a devout Christian, to her, fulfilling the word of God is natural.“We are obedient to what the Bible says. We clothe the naked, house the homeless, feed the hungry,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, and that’s what we do in Canada.”A number of years ago, ‘Sister H’ told herself that she had to come back home to put something into Guyana and ever since the first year, her activity locally has been incrementally bigger.Kaieteur News caught up with her when she visited last December to bring Christmas cheer to the needy, and although she had not planned to spend the entire holidays here, there was something she had to do which necessitated her presence – that was to feed the homeless.“I came down and I got a few volunteers and we cooked a meal that I would customarily eat in Canada, and it was my best ever. We had a lot of food, but once we got on the streets it was gone, because there were people sleeping on the streets and I woke them up. I heard so many people saying to me, they don’t have hungry people in Guyana, and I proved them to be dishonest because I saw it for myself,” ‘Sister H’ said.While she is aware that there are others who feed the homeless, she believes that with the help of friends, she has started something which she hopes will continue on a larger scale.“It’s not like giving them a little channa, we gave them food. They had the baked chicken and the whole works. Oh my goodness! We were on a truck and of course I like to hug, and I don’t care what you look like, I don’t care if you’re red, yellow or blue or green. I come out and give you a hug and tell you that the Lord loves you and then I give you food. I just simply love people. And if you’re in a wheelchair while I’m out there, if you need crutches or you need someone to talk to, we are there. If you’re on drugs, there might not be anything I can do, but I put you on to someone else. I try to extend what I do in Canada here,” she stated.During her last visit to Guyana in December, ‘Sister H’, a member of Guyana Christian Charities, a Canada-based organization, and her friends took 30 teenaged girls from Tiger Bay, Mocha and other depressed communities to the Spashmin’s Resort.She pointed out that usually she likes to work with children but she added that it is so hard to organize activities for teenaged girls.“There were two things I decided I wanted to do, before I left Canada – to feed the homeless and I wanted to do something with young girls at Splashmin’s. That was accomplished.”But one of her most despairing observations occurred on her visit to the infamous ‘Plastic City’ on the West Coast of Demerara.“It was just sad to see the way people live and I would hope that the government would do something or organizations would get together and do something,” ‘Sister H’ said.Having had the experience of ‘Plastic City’, she is committed to rendering some form of assistance to the citizens there.“Things that are needed we will send to help them. I went into Plastic City and I was in tears,” ‘Sister H’ told Kaieteur News.Apart from the outdoor activities, her organisation helps in donating medication to hospitals as well.She was loud in praise for the assistance of local businessman Billy Fernandes from John Fernandes Limited,NFL Jerseys Supply, who is also a part of Guyana Christian Charities.Her charity work in December also entailed visits to Bartica, Bare Roots and Sacksakalli among other communities, giving out clothing and gifts to the residents there.There was also a party for the young ones at the Ruimveldt Children’s home, an entity that ‘Sister H’ has been working with for a numb