Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-14 11:04 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The Ministry of Human Services and Social Security on Thursday hosted a One- Stop-Shop meeting at the Albion Sports Complex on the Corentyne, to address on-the-ground complaints and issues regarding pensioners and other persons in the Berbice area. Present at the event was Minister Jennifer Webster and a team of officials from the Ministry.Minister Webster dealing personally with the issues of pensioners in Berbice.They dealt with and addressed matters such as old-age pensions, electricity and water subsidies, disability benefits as well as public assistance.Dr. Webster, in addressing the pensioners reaffirmed the commitment of her staff to ensure better services. “I am committing my officers—servants of the people—to ensure that we do our work in a timely manner, so we will have less complaints!”Dr. Webster said that this year, the Ministry plans to have the various forms on the Ministry of Social Services Website,NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale, “so you don’t have to take time out to go to the office to collect the form and pay the cost of a minibus fare…if you have access to the computer…you can just go on our website and download the form.”The forms, she said though, are always readily available at all the Ministry’s sub- offices,Cheap Jerseys From China, countrywide.She urged those eligible for old age pensions to apply at least six weeks before their 65th birthday,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, “so that you will complete your application form; submit your ID card and other documentation…and supporting documentation….so that we can confirm that for our database.”The Ministry has now moved, she added, to become a fully computerized database so that its operations can be more efficient. “We’re also working with the Guyana Post Office Corporation.”Minister Webster voiced her concerns about the GPOC not having money available in their coffers to pay pensioners. She noted that her Ministry would pay millions of dollars by the 20th of the month to the GPOC,NHL Ice Hockey Jerseys, and yet the Ministry receives regular complaints about pensioners from the Corentyne and Skeldon turning up at Post Offices only to be told that there is no money available to pay.“I have heard reports of Post Offices along the Corentyne taking some of the pensioners’ money, when they go there.”She enlightened the senior citizens present at the forum to make sure they check their money thoroughly before leaving the post offices. “The monthly pension is $13,125—counts your money and check it before you leave and ensure you get what is yours—because they might think that you are old and you don’t know.”She said that she has received numerous complaints from pensioners who say that they received money short by some $3,000. They make the discovery when they go home and re- count their pensions.“That shouldn’t be and it’s very sad that people are trying to rob the senior citizens of Guyana, who have served their country well—That shouldn’t happen, and I wish to say that is not a very good act on behalf of the persons who are doing that. I wish they would stop it.”Member of Parliament,Wholesale Jerseys Authentic, Faizal M. Jaffarally, speaking to this newspaper during the One-stop-shop, noted that the administration continues to receive reports and complaints from pensioners regarding the attitudes of the staff of the Ministry of Human Services, “in the manner they treat our senior citizens.”He said that senior citizens have a right to their pensions and the Ministry and staff should ensure they receive their money in a timely manner.? “Because of the numerous complaints, myself and the Regional Chairman met with the President, and he instructed the Minister to come and solve these problems on the ground.”Jaffarally said that it is quite unfair that our senior citizens have to endure such frustration after attaining the age of 65. “They have served this country well and made tremendous sacrifice, and of course,Nike NFL Jerseys China, the government has made the provisions in the national budget for our residents to have their pensions and various subsidies.”Also present at the event were Dinte Conway, Head of Special Projects, Monitoring & Evaluation; Ricardo Banwarie, Assistant Chief Probation Officer; Whenthworth James, Director of Social Services; Hymawattie Lagan, Administrator of the Women’s Affairs Bureau;? Shalika David, Probation Officer; Forbes Munroe, Chief Probation Officer, and Region Six Vice-Chairman, Mr. Bhupaul Jhagroo.