yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 1757
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-15 14:09 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Joel Othneil Samuel Joseph is a humble young man, with humble beginnings in Determa Street,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, Mackenzie, in the mining Town of Linden.Here is a young man that the entire Linden has suddenly started to notice and become really proud of.Joel was recently declared the top graduating student for 2014 at the University of Guyana’s last convocation ceremony.Probably the first Lindener to be bestowed such an honour, Joel won the prestigious Presidents Medal, an award reserved for the University’s Best Graduating Student and was presented with a cheque for one million dollars by businessman Stanford Solomon, of Solomon’s Shipping.At twenty three, Joel exhibits a wisdom and maturity beyond his years.His words of advice to fellow youths?Joel Othneil Samuel Joseph”There is no substitute for a quality education, absolutely no substitute for a good education. You might see an opportunity to make more money in the immediate future or in the current, but in terms of long term investments- investments that wouldn’t wither away but will stick with you for a lifetime -an education will do that. And even if you want to engage in other activities as opposed to education, ?for example, commerce, entrepreneurship etc. education will aid you in becoming a better businessman and tradesman, whatever your field of choice. So either way, education is indispensable in your pursuit of betterment.”Reflecting on his achievement during a recent interview with members of the media, Joel recounted his journey in pursuit of education.”I attended Watooka Day Primary School up until the time I went to live in Georgetown with my mother, who was about to commence her degree at the University of Guyana in 2000.? I spent Primary 3 and 4 at North Georgetown Primary,Jerseys NFL Cheap, after which I spent one term at St. Rose’s and then transferred to President’s College, where I spent the rest of my Secondary school life.”He recalled that he was no high flyer at President’s College, “I wasn’t known for my sterling performances, as I was actually a pretty average performer back then.?However, my relatives and those closest to me always believed I had the ability to do much better and upon completing secondary school, I too was of the conviction that I hadn’t fulfilled my talent or my abilities.” Those lackluster performances would serve as motivation for our erstwhile student to put his all into his pursuit of a Degree programme at the University of Guyana.Thus things turned around for him dramatically after he enrolled at that learning institution.Joel commenced studies for his Degree in Business Management in August of 2010, and completed it in May 2014. He subsequently graduated in November?2014. His ultimate success, he affirms, was due to his reawakening,Wholesale China Jerseys, and subsequent dedication to his studies, coupled with the determination to succeed.”My reawakening was somewhat of a process which unfolded over time. I actually had a bit of an awakening in Fourth Form, a relapse unfortunately in fifth form, hence I wasn’t able to perform as well as, I maybe, could have at Caribbean Secondary Schools Examinations Council (CSEC). I had a lukewarm performance in Lower Six, but in Upper Six, I really began to apply myself a bit more to my studies. The returns, while they weren’t sterling, were an improvement from the past and I think that set me on course to excel at UG. That helped to inculcate the mindset that was required to excel.?”Excelling was however nothing new to Joel,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, as he was known for being at the top of his class in Primary school. However there was a bit of a “fall-off” in secondary school, he admits.He added however, that the “fall off,” was by no means due to too much confidence, but rather it was a “lapse in focus- a lapse in concentration.”Looking back, Joel said that his sojourn at UG was quite challenging as he was employed, so he had to balance work and studies. He is however thankful for the lenience shown by his employer, and a few late nights. At the time he was employed with the Guyana Defence Force Coop Credit Union.Joel said that although he would have gotten straight A’s throughout his tenure at UG he did not “realistically expect” to be the Valedictorian. “Although friends and family would always say, hey, you will be the next valedictorian,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, I didn’t honestly believe it to be true or to be attainable. However, as time progressed I got straight A’s in Second year, and got straight A’s in Third year. And it was actually when I entered the Final year that I realised that ‘hey, this thing is here for the taking. You can achieve this. With the hard work and putting in the effort in th