Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2361
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-16 13:11 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
NEW YORK, CMC – New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has pardoned two Caribbean-born ex-convicts of robbery and drug charges that threatened their immigration status.Cuomo, in exercising his seldomly-used pardon power, granted pardons to Cuban-born, Manhattan architect Antonio Argibay, 62, and Guyanese-born, Queens resident Alvaro Khalil Cumberbatch, 33, saying they had been “active and engaged” in the community since their release and deserved a clean record.The positive contributions to society by both of these individuals in the years since their release support the case for justice to be delivered through clemency,” Cuomo said.Argibay served three years in prison after pleading guilty to drug charges in 1976.He received his master’s degree from the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn while still on parole, and has been a licensed architect in New York for more than 30 years.Argibay is an active volunteer with Upwardly Global, a non-profit organisation that assists immigrants.“I’m very emotional right now,Wholesale Jerseys,” said Argibay, a US permanent resident, who runs his own architectural firm in Manhattan. “I’ve been seeking redemption for 39 years.”Cumberbatch, who lives in Springfield Gardens in Queens, was convicted of robbery in 2003 and after his release in 2010,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, became involved with prison re-entry organisations and sits on the board of the Alternatives to Violence Project.Cumberbatch is a married father of two young children and owns his own social media consulting business.“If I tried to tell you who would be poster child for rehabilitation, it would be Khalil,” said JoAnne Page, President of the Fortune Society, which assists prisoners in re-entering society.“He just did so much that you hope people would do against the usual odds, everything from working a job,Cheap Jerseys From China, building a consulting business,Cheap Basketball Jerseys China, being there for his family, helping other people,” she said, adding that Cumberbatch, who migrated to the US from Guyana as a child,NFL Jerseys Discount, was taken into custody by US federal immigration authorities last year, and released in October.“The positive contributions to society by both of these individuals in the years since their release support the case for justice to be delivered through clemency,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply,” said Cuomo in a statement, noting that applications for clemency have dropped from a high of 1,269 in 2010 to 171 in 2014.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2387
用戶失蹤天數 1734
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-16 14:50 
It sounded like a script suitable for an enthralling soap opera when former First Lady Varshnie Singh reflected on the years of her marriage to President Bharrat Jagdeo, and disclosed the fact that she has been prohibited from accessing State House, where all of her belongings are currently stored.At a press conference orchestrated just for this purpose, yesterday, Singh said that she returned to State House on Monday last, having returned from a fundraising stint abroad for Kids First Fund, and was denied access on the President’s instruction.President Bharrat JagdeoThe couple had dissolved their almost 10 years of marriage about two years ago, which according to reports was due to irreconcilable differences.On January 5 last, Singh said,Wholesale Jerseys From China, she received a letter from the President’s lawyer, dated January 2, which requested that she vacate State House within 48 hours, or be denied access.“I responded with a letter requesting more time. I have asked to keep my room until I return from overseas fundraising activities on April 1, after which I will move out before I take my last batch of children to India for surgery for a while,” Singh revealed.And due to the undermining turn of events, Singh said, it appears as though she has no choice but to close her Kids First Fund office and move back to the United Kingdom for a while, to earn a living to support her charitable work.“This is not what I want to do, as Guyana is my home and I have a right to live and work here. Due to this unfair discrimination I am suffering at the hands of our President and his agents, I have no choice,” Singh lamented.According to the distraught woman, because of the situation, she has no access to her clothing, and thus had only what she was wearing yesterday.But although Singh expressed a desire to move on with her life, she opined that she is financially incapacitated at the moment.“I have suffered for the past decade and I want to move on, but don’t have the resources or cooperation to do so,” Singh passionately divulged, even as she pointed out that she is in no way seeking after sympathy.The former First Lady disclosed that she has plans to raise money to build a state-of-the-art medical facility at Morakai, adding that the progression of the project is dependent on Government’s willingness to sell her the requisite land.Varshnie Singh“We offered to buy it from the Government,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, but I was told by the President he can’t sell state land. We asked for a 99-year lease, but he said he can only give a 25-year lease.”The notice for the press conference read, “You are invited to a Kids First Fund update: covering activities in 2008; Kids First Fund Hospital and the future of the charity.” The forum turned out to be different.Late last night, President Jagdeo responded: Yesterday (Monday), I was forced to take steps to have the former First Lady leave the State House. This was a painful decision but I was left with very little choice since,NBA Jerseys China, despite numerous promises, she has refused to do so. It was expected that when we announced our separation to the public almost two years ago, she would leave State House, the official residence of the President.I, at the end of my tenure as President in 2011,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, would also have to leave the State House.I suspect she was offended that she had to leave the State House yesterday (Monday) and has issued a press release. I shall not respond to the one-sided account of the period we were together and the many inaccuracies contained in the press release. However, I shall make a few comments on some of the issues raised.Firstly, I had made it clear to her on more than one occasion that the resources of the State cannot be used to support her private work, however laudable these were. I am disappointed to have noted her claim that I frustrated her work. If by that she is implying that I ought to have unlawfully used the resources of the State to support her private work, then I have no excuse to make. I will not break the law regardless of who is involved.Kids First Fund is a private charity, and I sought to keep a certain distance from it so as to avoid accusations that the Fund was benefiting from the patronage of the State because of the presence of my wife.It would be unethical for me to let Kids First Fund and whatever work my wife is engaged with to benefit from Government funding simply because I am President.She was therefore free to undertake her work with the clear understanding,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, as she acknowledges, that there were to be no special favours involved.Varshnie has accepted there is no constit

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-16 15:35 
Four weeks later…It’s been a month now since 66-year old Dennis Cort disappeared after leaving church at Beterverwagting on the East Coast of Demerara.While most would have given up hope by now, the elderly man’s daughter, Gail Lowe, is persevering with belief that he is alive somewhere, although the odds of such are extremely low.With each passing day and no reported sighting,cheap jerseys elite, chances of his safe return home are getting slimmer and slimmer.The pensioner, whose last address was listed as 20 Vigilance South, East Coast Demerara, and who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, was last seen at Victoria when he disembarked a bus which would normally take worshipers home from church in Beterverwagting.According to Lowe, who usually takes him to and from church in her car, she was greeting other worshippers at the end of the Sunday service on April 29,NFL Jerseys China, just after midday when Cort,Cheap NFL jerseys China, for some strange reason, boarded the bus which subsequently left the area.Missing: Dennis CortIt was not until Lowe was ready to head home that she realized that her father was nowhere around.When she enquired about him, she was told that he had left with the bus.The woman said that she drove to Victoria,Cheap Jerseys From China, where the bus usually turns back but could not locate her father.Searches were also carried out in other East Coast Demerara villages including Ann’s Grove, Nabaclis and Golden Grove and there were still no signs of the old man.Since then Lowe and other relatives have combed the backlands of several other East Coast Demerara villages without success.The search for the missing pensioner led Lowe to Linden where Cort has relatives. That too proved futile.Lowe is determined to see her father again even if it’s only his body.Her hopes soared when she heard about an unidentified man who was struck down by a car in the city early last week.“A friend called me and asked if I see the papers and I said no. She said that they find a person and right away my heart go Boop! Boop! And I said okay I will check on it. I asked her the description of the clothes that the person had on and she described it to me, so I? said that it could be him and it could not be him,” Lowe explained.However,NFL Jerseys For Sale, checks at the funeral parlour where the body was taken revealed that the person was not her father.Then there was the news of a missing elderly woman, whose body was subsequently found with what appeared to be marks of violence.“I just look at the headline and said, ‘oh gosh! I don’t want to read this thing’ because it remind me of my father. But somebody read it and told me that they found the woman.”This episode brought home the reality that her father’s fate could be similar.Lowe remains upbeat that she will find closure to the thing that is eating at her heart.Cort was last seen wearing a blue and red striped shirt, blue denim trousers and a pair of black boots.Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Dennis Cort is asked to contact his daughter on telephone #274-0360 or 667-0150 or the nearest police station.