yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2432
用戶失蹤天數 1778
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-19 13:33 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
A family at Bagotville, West Bank Demerara is now homeless after all its earthly possession went up in flames when fire gutted their home.Reports are that the fire started some time around mid day yesterday in the bottom flat of the two-storeyed house.At the time of the fire, only Vanessa Lewis’s nine-year-old daughter was at home, while her seven-year-old son was at school.When this newspaper visited the location the house was already burnt to the ground.Lewis said that she shared the house with her two children. The distraught woman who had to be consoled by neighbours said that she was at the Diamond Diagnostic Centre, East Bank Demerara when she received a call from her sister who informed her that her house was on fire.Lewis said she immediately left the Centre for her home only to see what she had achieved after several years of hard work was burnt to rubble.The woman said she estimates her losses in the vicinity of $2 M.Lewis said that she was told that at the time of the fire her daughter was in the yard sweeping. It was she who raised an alarm after seeing smoke in the house.“When I reach home, everything was flat on de ground,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, everything; everything I worked for; all me clothes, me furniture, everything gone,Cheap NFL Jerseys China,” the woman lamented.A neighbour, Troy Barnes, said that he was sleeping when he heard shouts for fire.“When I jump up I see de fire in de bottom flat so right away I try to run in the upstairs to start bringing out stuff but the smoke was too much,” Barnes said.His next alternative he said was to join the other neighbours to form a bucket brigade to save the burning building.Barnes said that their efforts were, however, in vain as the fire swiftly ravaged through the entire building.He noted,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, too,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Authentic, that maybe if the fire tender had arrived sooner the building might have been saved.Luckily the neighbours did mange to save another house which is close by. That house was doused with water to avoid the fire from catching onto it.Other neighbours lamented the fact that the fire tender had to come all the way from Leonora on the West Coast of Demerara,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, some 12 miles from Bagotville.The residents of the area further use the opportunity to air their concern over the fact that there is no fire station along the West Bank Demerara which stretches for several miles.However, no one could say what started the fire, as the Guyana Fire Service has yet another addition to their list of fires to be investigated.