Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2384
用戶失蹤天數 2088
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-30 19:49 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Wendy Litchmore is a Special Person“No amount of money can compensate for what a teacher does, but I just love the profession” By Latoya Giles Teaching is one of the most challenging professions. It takes dedication, patience and most of all, love. Headmistress Wendy Litchmore, who has been a teacher for the past 36 years, has all these virtues, and more – fifteen schools can attest to this!“Ms Litchmore” as she is fondly known by her staff and pupils of West Ruimveldt Primary, was born on June 26, 1958,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, at Chapman, Grove, a small village on the East Coast of Demerara.Ms Litchmore spent her early childhood there and attended kindergarten at a private school, which was run by an elderly woman known to her charges as “Teacher Golding”.Wendy LitchmoreWhen she was old enough, she began attending the Gibson Government School in the same village. She reminisced that in those days people were modest and were contented with what ever little they had.But in 1964, her family was forced to move from their home at David Rose Housing Scheme, Grove, because of political disturbances,Jeff Green Jersey, which saw friend turn against friend, and neighbour against neighbour.At the time, her parents, now deceased, were putting the finishing touches on a new house.She said that the family eventually moved to Bee Hive and stayed with her mother’s relatives.The intention was for the family to return to Grove after things calmed down.But a few days later, the family got word that someone had burnt their newly-built house down.“My parents were really devastated because they had pooled their life savings and to see everything go down in flames was really hard for them”.Fortunately, there was a vacant lot at Bee Hive and her parents managed to purchase it, after acquiring a bank loan.They sold the lot at Grove, and along with the loan, built their new home.During construction, they stayed with her mother’s eldest brother and his family.Wendy remembered the house being filled with love, noting that everyone was given advice once they needed it.She said that she was made to teach her younger siblings because her mother and father worked very hard and that, she reflected, really pushed her to become a teacher.“My mother placed me in charge of my siblings to ensure that all their school work was completed. She did not go far in school but she wanted us to have more than what she had, so education was the major thing for us.”Wendy vividly remembers her mother saying, “After God comes education”.And she (her mother) always ensured that they had all their textbooks and other educational needs.Ms. Litchmore said, that her siblings often teased her and nicknamed her after one of the strict teachers at their school.Ms Litchmore with West Ruimveldt Primary’s top performers for 2008.She jokingly said that they would do that behind her back because, “I would beat and share lashes just as the teachers would.”Wendy related that her teaching experience began at the tender age of 14 as a “pupil teacher” at Cane Grove Primary. The date was February 1, 1973.She quickly moved through the ranks and wrote the Pupil Teacher Exams, which she passed with honours.“I was blessed to be taught by some of the really good headmasters, including the late Ovid Wilson, who really laid the foundation for me to become such a good teacher.And I was also taught religious education,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, which helped me immensely, and I must say that it should be brought back into our schools.”She said that during her earlier years as a teacher she was made to undergo further training even after she had graduated from the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE).“Even though I had finished training college I had to do further training. I was not given a class of my own but I would assist the trained teachers.“I attended classes at my head teacher’s home on Saturdays and had to make sure that children complete their tasks. The head teacher would also work along with the pupil teacher.”Litchmore enrolled with the Cyril Potter College of Education as an in-service teacher, during the period 1978 to 1980. During that time, she lived with her great uncle in Georgetown.After college she taught for a year at Central Primary School in Georgetown from 1980 to 1981, then returned to Cane Grove. She had sought a transfer because of transportation woes.Wendy then began teaching at Ann’s Grove Government School, in 1981. That experience was inspiring.“I felt so happy to teach at that school, because I was giving back to the community as a whole,http://www.theworldsoccersshop.com/Brazil-Coutinho-Jersey.html, because I received some of my schooling there.”Her n