yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-8 05:23 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Boxing Champion recovering from Brain Surgery By Suraj NarineOnce again, Guyana’s own Boxing Sensation, Clive Atwell, stood on the precipice and onceClive Atwell has procured a lucrative collection of championship belts during his career.again, he has emerged victorious.Though his opponent this time was no flesh and bone, Atwell still did what he does best – he persevered and has reduced that “no flesh and no bone” opponent into a fluttering speck in his rear-view mirror.Atwell currently holds the National Featherweight and Lightweight belts as well as the WBC CABOFE Featherweight and WBC CABOFE JR Welterweight titles.Things went south after the Agricola-born youth was in a title fight against fellow Guyanese, Trinidad and Tobago-based Dexter Gonzales on October 24, last,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, at the Giftland Mall when he fainted. He was subsequently taken to a city hospital where he was diagnosed as having subdural hematomas haemorrhaging (bleeding in the head). Atwell had an emergency surgery done the same night however; he was told that another surgery was desperately needed.With all the contenders that he would have gone up against; with all the challenges and turmoil he would have faced growing up; through the many sacrifices; nothing could have prepared him for the torturous path that was before him.But Atwell never flinched; he instead, wedged himself within the comfy cradle of God, whom he entrusted with this, his most daring battle.After his incident, a committee was set up with its primary objective being to solicit funds forSome members of the committee posing with Atwell (centre) before leaving for New York. The members from left are: Leslie Black; Local Comedian and Actor, Linden “Jumbie” Jones; Joseph Ramkumar, proprietor of Payless Variety Store; and Sports reporter, Sean Devers.Atwell’s surgery.Members of this committee included Leslie Black; local comedian and actor, Linden “Jumbie” Jones; Sports reporter, Sean Devers; Mrs. Williams (wife of deputy Mayor Robert Williams; and Joseph Ramkumar, proprietor of Payless Variety Store.The Committee, hell-bent on seeing Atwell through, decided to take their campaign to the United States of America to seek assistance from the thousands in the Diaspora who would have supported him throughout his illustrious career.Fly Jamaica even came on board and donated free tickets for him and some members of the fundraising committee to travel.THE BITTER-SWEET JOURNEYWhat came next was the beginning of his journey on this – in his own words – “bitter-sweet” road.During a recent interview, Atwell who was accompanied by his wife, Altavi, said that the though the road was tough sometimes, he knew that things were going to follow through since he kept reminding himself that with God, anything was possible.“So we started off on that journey. We got a good start then it got cold, and it picked upAtwell posing with a little fan in New York during his visit to raise funds for his surgery.then it got cold again. By that time,Cheap Jerseys, the guys (Committee) had to come back home so my wife and I, with the advice of some friends, decided to stay and solicit from some other events but that too failed. Same time, I got a call from Lady Ira (Lewis) from the Guyana American Heritage Foundation and she said that they guys asked her to assist me and she came on board and did what she could. She brought Dr. Monica Sanchez, a senior Ms. CARICOM on-board and they were really helpful in moving us around and lending us support and offering word of encouragement.”Atwell said that hope was beginning to fade when a friend introduced him to a former Boxer, Matt Furgu, who also happened to be the President of the Boxing Foundation Ring Ten – an organisation set up to help injured boxers. A meeting was subsequently held.“I met with the Board, along with my wife and Dr. Sanchez on behalf of the team that was helping me and we learnt the President of the Board owns a Medical Implant Centre. He spoke to his people and they were able to have me on the operation table. With what (money) I had, he said that he was going to help me with the rest and again, I’m thankful to him and God – I was a stranger in foreign land and a foreigner, you know,” the emotional Atwell said.The surgery was done on August 18 at the Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in New York.Atwell’s wife told Kaieteur Sports that because the timeline in which the surgery was supposed to be executed had already elapsed, her husband risked bleeding out and it heightened the possibility of increased seizures.“He (Atwell) told the doctor to do his part and God will do the rest’,” Altavi said.Atwell and his wife, Altavi during their visit to the States in August.From the beginning of the interview which was done in the presence of Devers, Atwell began giving thanks to the thousands at home and abroad for their ki