hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2376
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-11 16:11 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Delon ‘Fatboy’ Reynolds, who is accused of murdering self-confessed death squad informant George Bacchus, yesterday pleaded guilty to a lesser count of manslaughter,Wholesale Jerseys From China, and his sentencing was fixed for today.This sudden twist came yesterday afternoon, even after a prosecution witness had testified in the morning.Lance Corporal Hosannah, a crime scene expert, testified yesterday to finding a bullet and two fragments on the bed where George Bacchus’s body was found. He was cross-examined by defence counsel Peter Hugh.However, yesterday afternoon when court reconvened,NFL Jerseys Outlet From China, the guilty plea to manslaughter was entered. On Tuesday, Reynolds’s caution statement was read to the jury and tendered into evidence.Retired Detective Charles Alleyne, who witnessed the caution statement, took the stand and read the contents of the statement, in which Reynolds said that he climbed through a window to Bacchus’s room and shot him three times.In the statement, Reynolds said that funeral parlour co-owner Debra Douglas offered him $200,000 to kill Bacchus, and he accepted. Douglas was the reputed wife of the man accused of murdering the deceased’s brother, Shafeek Bacchus, who was killed a few months before George Bacchus.The caution statement also said that Reynolds was given a gun on June 23 and that he hid it at a Chinese restaurant in Garnett Street. The statement continued that Reynolds retrieved the weapon the following night to do the shooting.Reynolds also called Bacchus names such as ‘Jumbie’ and others. He was Bacchus’s handyman and lived in a shack in the yard.Detective Inspector Trevor Reid was the officer who took the caution statement, but he is now deceased.Last week Monday,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey UK, the second voir dire (trial within a trial) in this matter concluded. Several police and civilian prosecution witnesses have taken the stand since then.Earlier this month,Brock Holt Jersey, the trial into this matter was aborted because one of the jurors was related to a witness.Bacchus was found dead in bed at his Lot 76 Princes Street home on June 24, 2004, after he had made bombshell revelations about a death squad operating in the city, for which he said he once gathered information.Funeral parlour co-owner Debra Douglas and her nephew, Fabian ‘Fabie’ Jessop,NFL Jerseys From China, had been jointly charged with Reynolds for Bacchus’s murder, but they were subsequently freed due to insufficient evidence. Representing the state are Dianna Boyan, Judy Latchman and Zamilla Ally.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-11 17:28 
The Story within the Story…? By Leonard Gildarie This week, thousands of students learnt how they fared in National Grade Six Assessment. Back in my day,Leonard Gildariein the ‘80s (yes, I am that old),Jerseys NFL Wholesale, it was known as Common Entrance.The debate has started, because it is known now that that more than half of the top students came from privately-run schools across the country. The top student himself is from the Success Elementary, a private school located at Eccles.The analysis itself of the results has drawn fire across the board. More so for the fact that there is a new Government in place and searching questions are being asked about its plans.The situation has brought me back to my years in public schools. There were very few private ones back then.I attended Grove Primary, writing Common Entrance in 1985. Back then, there were no carried forward grades or marks, as is being done now, to the final assessment. You were expected to prove yourself from the exams.I was very fortunate to be taught by one of the toughest teachers, June Appiah,NFL Jerseys Discount, who was the terror of students. The tiniest of the students, I was so fearful of her “wild cane” which was wrapped in black tape, that I made it my duty not to cross her path. I studied and had some sleepless nights.Her class was the one all the parents wanted their kids to be in. I was lucky. When all other students were coming for 09:00hrs, we had to be in class for 07:30hrs.At the drop of hat, there were speed tests. You had to know who the Commonwealth Secretary General was and who was heading CARICOM. The First Aid in English had to be your Bible.The “mock” tests were the ultimate adrenalin drive for me. A competitive person by nature, there were a limited number of medals (little pins with coat-of-arms, etc) that were given to students who passed a certain percentage.What is the country’s game plan for education in the next 20 years?Out of the 10 mock tests, I was given one on nine occasions. Those were proud moments. The one time I missed it by a mark, I cried the entire week.I got my sweet revenge the next week when I managed to top the class and was the only student who got one.When the results came out,Wholesale MLB Jerseys, it was a day I would never forget. I had managed to top the entire East Bank Demerara. At the time we were on a school tour to the zoo.Looking back, the discipline and high standards set in the public schools back then saw the bar way above what I am seeing now after an across-the-board assessment.It is a harsh indictment and may be unfair to some hardworking teachers and other education officials out there.We can talk for rain or sun, but achieving 19 or 20 grade ones in CSEC at one sitting just cannot be used to judge the entire education system, and for officials to say things are good. Actually, we’re far from that.I believe that 55 percent of private schools taking the top spots is an indictment of the public schools system. There is need for an overhaul. We are tired of the lip service.My two kids are attending Diamond School. We had problems recently after it was noticed that my son’s classes were left unattended on a number of occasions. Books were on the floor and you know what happens when the cat is away.My wife was upset and she raised it.We have teachers being sent on training or UG and there are no replacements.I know the challenges are many. We can’t just build schools and not address the teaching situation. You can’t address the teaching situation if you can’t talk benefits and better working conditions. I guess the same arguments would prevail for our nurses and doctors and police and other professionals.I am more worried about the stats which indicate the hinterland schools in Region One, Seven and Eight, are noticeably falling under the radar.Yes, President Granger, I am taking my cap off as a reporter and complaining to you as a parent who remains deeply concerned.Performance in English also remains a major problem. Why are our kids not reading? Are there not enough books? Is the National Library being proactive enough to encourage reading? I am not talking about one day for reading and where the minister is snapped with some kids for a publicity stunt.How about every day being a reading day? How about parents taking a little more interest? All hands will have to be on deck.I saw one critic talking about teachers practicing students on exam papers without paying too much attention in actually teaching them.What is the game plan? Are we better off than 25 years ago?How do we deal with the rise of the private schools which many of our experienced teachers have gone to?One cannot see a scenario where the private schools will go away,Cheap NFL J