hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2409
用戶失蹤天數 1885
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-16 06:39 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Sharmain GraingerAlthough the symptoms were clear, it was only months later that he was convinced that he had a condition that required urgent medical attention. Having suffered various distressing spells over the years which took a dreadful turn last year, 53-year-old Paul Grovesnor was eventually convinced by medical practitioners that he was a victim of renal failure.Renal failure, also known as kidney failure or renal insufficiency, is a medical condition in which the kidneys fail to adequately filter waste products from the blood.Ahead of being diagnosed with the condition, the Sophia, Georgetown resident had on numerous occasions visited several medical institutions, both public and private, and it was at this point that he had in fact learned that he was a diabetic. Little did he know that his condition was becoming worse with each passing day; something that he opted to pay little attention to.“I was feeling ill on an off for about four years straight but I wasn’t really taking it serious,” Grovesnor admitted during a recent interview with this publication.The contractor by profession was however forced to seriously confront his condition after he became severely unwell while engaged in a job at the RUSAL company in Kwakwani, Region 10.He explained that “I just get sick; I start swelling up and I couldn’t sleep at nights; I was getting short breath and all kind of things start happening to me.”Grovesnor recalled that his extreme ailment came on at a time when there was unrest in Linden, thus he was unable to travel to the city to gain needful medical attention. As a result he was forced to spend six devastating weeks in Kwakwani “just sitting and hoping that I get a chance to come down to see a doctor.”Renal failure patient Paul Grovesnor, during a visit to the Doobay Renal CentreAs soon as the way was cleared for him to travel, Grovesnor said that he headed to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) where his condition warranted that he be immediately admitted. He was required to have a catheter implanted in the upper left section of his chest in order to allow for the proper filtering of his blood.According to scholarly medical papers published by the American Diabetes Association, diabetes can damage the kidneys and cause them to fail. Moreover failing kidneys lose their ability to filter out waste products, resulting in kidney disease.When our bodies digest the protein we eat, the process creates waste products. In the kidneys, millions of tiny blood vessels (capillaries) with even tinier holes in them act as filters. As blood flows through the blood vessels, small molecules such as waste products squeeze through the holes. These waste products become part of the urine and useful substances, such as protein and red blood cells, are too big to pass through the holes in the filter and stay in the blood.Diabetes therefore can damage this system causing high levels of blood sugar and make the kidneys filter too much blood. All this extra work is said to be hard on the filters and after a few years,Wholesale China Jerseys, they start to leak and useful protein is lost in the urine. Having small amounts of protein in the urine is called microalbuminuria and larger amounts of protein in the urine is called macroalbuminuria.Medical experts have been able to deduce that when kidney disease is diagnosed early,Supply NFL Jerseys Factory, (during microalbuminuria), several treatments may keep kidney disease from getting worse. When kidney disease is caught later (during macroalbuminuria), end-stage renal disease usually follows.In the past there was little to no hope for patients after being diagnosed with renal failure in Guyana, but today there is greater scope for high-quality treatment even for those who can be considered the less fortunate.? This advent has been realised through the renal care service offered by the Annandale, East Coast Demerara, Doobay Renal Centre which opened its doors in September of 2011.In fact it was this very facility that Grovesnor was referred after he was discharged from the public hospital. “They (GPHC officials) link me with this clinic to continue dialysis,” he related even as he disclosed that the service offered there is very satisfying. He is required to be dialysed three times per week, a process that currently cost $9,000 per session, an amount which is reportedly the lowest offered in Guyana.However, according to Founder of the not for profit Renal Centre, Dr Budhendranauth Doobay, his objective is to see that the cost of dialysis be lowered even further. He claims that the facility was created with a view of ensuring that quality service was made available to individuals from any stratum of the society.According to the vascular surgeon, the Renal Centre idea matured after a conversation with the now Chief Executive Officer of the facility,