yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2429
用戶失蹤天數 2105
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-27 08:59 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…describes Chris Ram as a five-year-old who cannot get his own way on the ball fieldThe Commissioners of the Commission of Inquiry, (COI) into the catastrophic events at Georgetown Prison has issued a statement reproving the actions of the Attorneys.Justice James PattersonThe Commissioners were seeking to clear the air on matters surrounding a recently publicized incident involving two lawyers.Last week,Nike Air Max 97 Silver Bullet Australia, the lawyers Christopher Ram and Selwyn Pieters, engaged in a heated exchange during a session of the public hearing.Ram, who is also President of the Guyana Bar Association, (GBA) had voiced his discontent with the 30-minute restriction imposed on him in cross examination and the numerous unnecessary interruptions by the other Attorneys while doing so.Ram reportedly did not receive a satisfactory response from the committee and stormed out of the Commission after telling the panel that the Bar Association was no longer interested in being a part of the Inquiry.In a lengthy statement to the press, “The Committee noted that it feels perforce to issue the statement as a corrective to any imbalance that may have ensued as a result of press reports concerning events at the hearing on April 20, 2016 last.”The Commission noted that it has been limited, understandably, by time constraints for reasons which are well publicized, for the conclusion of its mandate in a matter of weeks henceforth.Attorney for the Joint Services Selwyn Pieters“Unfortunately, Counsel on both sides of the Bar table ostensibly in pursuit of the interests of their respective clients, have rebelled against the imposition of time constraints imposed by the Commission,” the statement added.However, the committee noted that the proceedings, unfortunately, have given rise for what we know in the dialect as “grandstanding.”In the case of Mr. Selwyn Pieters, Counsel for the Joint Services and Fire Service, the committee noted that liberties were taken, ferried away by his enthusiasm and made statements which, by any objective view, constitute a breach in civility and an affront to the Commission.However,Cheap Jerseys USA, Pieters is said to have approached the Chairman Justice James Patterson and profusely apologised for his violation.“The apology was unconditional and was well received”GBA President Christopher RamMr. Ram, on the other hand, the Commission said, routinely displayed a degree of irritability when his extravagant demands were disallowed.“His routine unwillingness to abide by the rulings of the Chairman has been outrageous.? Mr. Christopher Ram automatically reflects his displeasure by displaying the tantrums of a five-year-old who cannot get his own way on the ball field.”“This he did on the 20th March,Cheap NFL Jerseys, 2016 ultima by throwing tantrums and slamming the door to the COI Hearings Room and made off with his bat and ball because he was not allowed to bat first.“That degree of petulance and disrespect I have not seen in nearly fifty-five years of practice since my call to the English Bar,” the statement added.According to the Committee,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Ram who appeared for the Bar Association as an interested party obtained “Good standing” from the Commission to conduct his brief.? However, Ram routinely displayed a degree of petulance when his extravagant demands were disallowed and an unwillingness to abide by the rulings of the Chairman has been outrageous.He added that Ram’s conduct,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, widely reported in the press reflects the very lowest point of ethical display in the practice of what has always been known as ‘the noble profession’, a Barrister/Attorney-at-law.“I have deliberately juxtaposed Mr. Christopher Ram’s response to that of Mr. Selwyn Pieters for ease of reference and consideration.“On being called to the Bar in London each quondam student was presented with a copy of “A guide to conduct and etiquette at the Bar of England and Wales”.? I still have my 1961 edition for onward transition to my offspring. We, members of the local Bar,holesale Soccer Jerseys, have inherited those traditions as part of our DNA.”“It is unfortunate that practitioners like Mr. Christopher Ram have traduced this glorious heritage and lofty in exchange for the standards and mores of a cad and bounder,” the Chairman emphasized.