無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-13 21:01 
Leader of the Alliance For Change, Vice President/Minister of Public Security, Khemraj Ramjattan, has vowedMinister Khemraj Ramjattanto investigate allegations of his tax records being illegally copied.Ramjattan is now seeking answers from the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) as well as from other senior Government officials.Ramjattan’s party is a critical part of the coalition Government that won the General Elections last May. The other part of the coalition is A Partnership for National Unity (APNU).Moses Nagamootoo, a senior AFC official, is the current Prime Minister. A number of other party officials hold key ministerial positions.Over the weekend, former tax chief, Commissioner-General,NFL Jerseys China, Khurshid Sattaur, alleged that after the new Government took office in May, several files of taxpayers were photocopied- including that of Ramjattan.The person who allegedly handled the files was said to be a senior GRA official.Sattaur has threatened to reveal names.The Commissioner-General was terminated last week by GRA’s Board of Directors, for a number of breaches, including allegedly sharing confidential information with an Embassy official and receiving over $12M in pension payments when he should not have received it.Sattaur has denied it all,Cheap Jerseys NFL China, issuing a number of statements over the weekend to clear his name.The photocopying of confidential tax files, especially if not for official reasons, would raise troubling questions, especially as motives.Questioned about it yesterday, Ramjattan said that he is not sure if the allegations of photocopying are true,Former tax chief, Khurshid Sattaurbut the Minister is intent on finding out.“Very surprising to me if it is happening. Whosoever the people are, they should not have done that. I don’t know if it is true what he (Sattaur) is saying. As I have said, I don’t know if he feels a little bad about me, as indeed when I had indicated to him I know nothing of his termination…and now that he has been terminated,Wholesale Jerseys, he may have got angry at me and such thing…”Ramjattan said that in addition to checking with the GRA’s Board, he will try to find out from Sattaur himself.“This is very improper and if not very illegal…if indeed it is true. Doing that to a senior official of Government… if they wanted to peruse my file for any legit purposes they have to get my consent.”Ramjattan made it clear that reasons have to be advanced for pulling his files and whatever the reasons are,Wholesale NFL Jerseys 2018, his consent had to be sought first.“I am not so certain if it was legitimate. The insinuations are that it would certainly look illegitimate. I don’t know why they would want to pull my file.”The Minister, insisting that his tax file could stand up to scrutiny, said that it was part of exhibits in a court case filed against GRA a number of years ago.Government had been moving to introduce measures to ensure lawyers and other professionals pay more taxes before their practice certificate can be issued.But it was challenged by a number of lawyers.“All my returns, when I was cross examined,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched, all the taxes paid… the compliance certificates… the receipts of payments…were tendered as exhibits in the matter before the then Chief Justice Carl Singh…”GRA has strict controls in place to monitor its records.Ramjattan noted that during the court case he had insisted that he paid more taxes from his legal practice than Ashton Chase, SC, who was representing GRA.These and other documents are probably part of the file.“I am very concerned and startled by the revelation and I want to know what is the purpose behind it all (the photocopying).”Currently strict systems are in place at GRA that controls the access of confidential files of taxpayers.Yesterday,NFL Jerseys Authentic China, Commissioner General (Ag), Ingrid Griffith, was unable to say what prevailed before she took over GRA in December when Sattaur was sent on more than 200 days of administrative leave, pending an audit of the authority.The official was unwilling to discuss measures but admitted that there are checks and balances in place to ensure the control.Over the last two weeks, GRA’s Chairman, Rawle Lucas, has also been speaking about the need to improve systems to ensure the confidentiality of taxpayers’ information.

無頭像
QlzgrN5C

帖子 6402
註冊 2017-12-7
用戶註冊天數 2303
用戶失蹤天數 2094
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-14 04:06 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-14 08:35 
Businessman abducted in Suriname waters…NUMBER SEVENTY-EIGHT FORESHORE, CORENTYNE – Masked gunmen murdered Corentyne businessman Fazal Hoosein and dumped his corpse in the Corentyne River, after snatching him from a vessel that was returning from Suriname on Wednesday.Hoosein’s bound body was found yesterday near the Number 78 foreshore, just a day after five heavily armed gunmen abducted him.A relative said that the corpse was entangled in a seine and that Hoosein’s hands and legs were bound. There were also marks of violence on his upper body.Hoosein, of Number 79 Village, Corentyne,Cheap Jeseys NFL, was the father of six. He traveled often to Suriname on business.Police suspect that robbery was the motive since they have received reports that Hoosein was returning from Suriname with a large sum of money that he had collected from a businessman in the Dutch-Speaking territory.According to reports, Hoosein and nine other passengers were returning from Suriname at around 17:45 hrs when five masked men, bearing high-powered rifles and handguns, approached them in another boat.The gunmen reportedly fired four rounds in the air and ordered the passengers to lie flat in their vessel.After relieving the passengers of their mobile phones, the gunmen ordered Hoosein to climb abroad their vessel, took away the spark plug lead for the other boat, and sped away with their captive.The group was rescued moments later by another speed boat operator and transported to the Number Seventy-eight Village Foreshore.According to police reports,Cheap Jerseys China, about 19:00 hours on Wednesday, the man’s son, 17-year old Fareez Hoosein, informed ranks at the Skeldon Police Station that he had received word that his father had been abducted.About 16:20 hours yesterday,Cheap China Jerseys, a group of fishermen spotted a body floating about four miles east of the Number 78 foreshore, a short distance from the Suriname foreshore.The corpse was taken to the wharf of the Number Sixty-six Fish Port Complex and handed over to the police.Soon after,NFL Jerseys Cheap, the victim’s son, Fareez Hoosein,Sale NFL Jerseys, identified the corpse as that of his father. The body was later taken to the Skeldon Hospital morgueAzad Hoosein, brother of the slain man,cheap nfl jerseys, told Kaieteur News that his sibling left for Suriname around 06:00 hrs on Wednesday.Mr. Hoosein said that they received word of his brother’s abduction from his sibling’s brother-in-law, who lives in Suriname.Around 14:30 hrs yesterday, relatives learnt that Hoosein’s body had been found.The autopsy is to be performed shortly.Up to late last night police were questioning the other passengers.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-14 09:56 
The government, each year, presents a National Budget which represents the current and capital expenditures for the year but subsequent to that,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, each year there would be further requests for money by way of Supplementary Provisions to be extracted from the Contingencies Fund.To date there have been four requests for additional funds and on Thursday last just prior to debating a request for almost $7B the Finance Minister Dr Ashni Singh presented another request for an additional $3B. The debate for approval for expenditure of that money ending December 31,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, will be done on Thursday.In August the Finance Minister moved to the House to ask for some $2,426,470,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys,077 ($2.4 B) and on Thursday the National Assembly approved a request for $6.9B and a day before the end of the year they will seek approval for another $3B.The national Budget for 2010 was $143B.While it is within the realms of the law for the Government to spend monies from the Contingencies Fund and then seek approval after, the supplementary provisions that are sought for each year demonstrate the fact that the budget every year is deceitful, said Chairman of the Alliance For Change and Presidential Candidate, Khemraj Ramjattan.Ramjattan recently told this newspaper that for years his party has been saying that the budget that Finance Minister Dr Ashni Singh presents is misleading.He said that the supplementary provisions that the government seeks every year are aimed at seeking to hide the extravagant and excessive spending which is incurred yearly.Ramjattan opined that the government is seeking to hide the deficit that the government incurs each year, given that it is not presented in the budget but is expanded each year with the supplementary budget.He said that the budget does not accurately represent what the government intends to spend each year.According to Ramjattan, the budget represents one-expenditure, but the government each year misrepresents the expenditure by literally billions of dollars and later seeks the remainder of expenditure through the supplementary provisions.The late Shadow Finance Minister Winston Murray when the first set of Supplementary Provisions was sought for this year,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, led the opposition questions in the debate. He chided the administration for what he called a “misleading 2010 Budget”.He explained that several of the provisions being sought in the supplementary request have nothing to do with the originally voted provisions in the 2010 Budget,Cheap Atlanta Braves Hoodies, and were not accompanied by the corresponding profile document that would seek to clarify this.Murray said that whilst he was not opposed to the actual projects that would be funded,Cheap NFL Jerseys, he was critical of the manner in which the money was being sought and greater clarification should have been provided for the sake of better transparency.