hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-14 22:58 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– 68-year-old also battling NIS for survival benefitsBy Michael JordanA diabetic grandmother is gearing for a David versus Goliath fight with the Ministry of Health and the National Insurance Scheme (NIS).She is seeking financial recourse from one entity over the death of her daughter seven years ago, while trying to collect benefits that are due to her family from the other.Miriam Crawford’s pregnant daughter, Deborah, died in 2003 at the New Amsterdam Hospital, allegedly because of a negligent physician.Mrs. Crawford, a 68-year-old from Liverpool Village,Supply Cheap Jerseys, Corentyne, has sued the Health Ministry, and that case is set to begin in the High Court this week.The pensioner is also attempting to get her daughter’s NIS benefits, since Deborah is survived by a daughter who was only nine when her mother passed away.Deborah Crawford: Bled to death at the New Amsterdam Hospital in 2003But Mrs. Crawford,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, who is diabetic and also suffers from hypertension, alleges that she has been running from one NIS branch to another for the past seven years without being able to achieve this objective.Tragedy came to her life in October 13, 2003, when her 38-year-old daughter, Deborah, from Corriverton, Corentyne, bled to death at the New Amsterdam Hospital, while delivering a full-term baby boy at the institution. The baby also died.Investigations found that Ms. Crawford suffered massive hemorrhaging when a doctor attempted to have the baby, which was larger than usual, delivered normally.A grief-stricken Mrs. Crawford sought recourse through the Guyana Medical Council.In her statement to the Medical Council, the pensioner said that her daughter developed a diabetic condition during pregnancy and was being treated with insulin.Because of the patient’s condition, a medic advised that the delivery be done by Caesarean section, since the diabetic condition would cause the baby to be larger than normal.It is alleged that although this information was documented on the patient’s clinic card, the gynecologist ignored this advice and induced labour.During the delivery, Crawford suffered massive hemorrhaging and her uterus was also removed.Following an investigation,NFL Jerseys China, the Guyana Medical Council, headed then by the now-deceased Dr. M. Y Bacchus, found that the accused physician had committed “gross professional misconduct”.He was subsequently struck off the Register of Medical Practitioners.But the accused doctor took the Guyana Medical Council to court. He alleged that he was never notified of the allegation,China NBA Jerseys, or of the independent review the Council had taken to arrive at its decision.The High Court subsequently ordered that the doctor be reinstated.Undeterred, Mrs. Miriam Crawford filed a lawsuit against the Attorney General and the physician in 2006.After a three-year-wait, she is due to have her day in court on Thursday.Since her daughter’s death, Mrs. Miriam Crawford has also been engaged in a tussle with the NIS over benefits that are owed to one of her grandchildren. Mrs. Miriam Crawford Deborah is survived by two daughters.The woman was attempting to secure finances to build a home for her children when her life was cut short.Shortly after her daughter’s demise, Mrs. Crawford filed for Survivor’s Benefits for her younger grand-daughter. According to her, this was done at the NIS branch at Springlands, Corentyne.She identified the official who filed the document.“I waited, and waited,China NFL Jerseys, and after hearing nothing (from the NIS), I went back to them in 2006 and they said that they couldn’t find anything in the system,” she said.According to Mrs. Miriam Crawford, another manager at the same branch investigated her case and was instructed by officials at the NIS branch in Georgetown to prepare another document.“They had me running around while they were processing it. They said that they were checking her contributions.”She explained that the document was reconstructed in 2006 and the NIS branch in Georgetown acknowledged receiving it in 2007.That appeared to be going smoothly, but in 2009, NIS officials told Mrs. Crawfordthat they had another problem.“They said that they had “a problem” with the spelling of my name (both names of Mrs. Crawford and her daughter, Deborah were misspelled on documents she had submitted), and they sent me to a Justice of the Peace to rectify it.”Around March of this year, after hearing nothing more about her matter, Mrs. Crawford called the NIS branch in Georgetown.This time, an official told her that she had submitted her claim too late and as such, no Survivor’s Benefits would be paid.“When they told me that, I t