Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2454
用戶失蹤天數 2158
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-18 18:29 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– others injuredA speeding motorcyclist suffered a severed right hand, while several other commuters were also injured during a four-vehicle smash-up that occurred at around 20:00 hrs yesterday on the Onverwagt, West Coast Berbice Public Road.One of the damaged vehicles.Travis Semple, 28,China NFL Jerseys, of Hopetown,NFL Jerseys China, West Coast Berbice, had to undergo emergency surgery at the Fort Wellington Hospital to remove his mangled limb.He was subsequently transferred by ambulance to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, along with his friend, Abocy Lynch, 28, also of Hopetown, West Berbice, who suffered a broken right leg. At least four others were treated at the Fort Wellington Hospital.It is unclear which man was the pillion rider.According to reports, Lynch and Semple were travelling at a fast rate on motorcycle CG 8402, and were attempting to overtake a line of cars heading east, when they collided with a car, PMM 4719.This resulted in the car veering out of its lane, and slamming into a black Premio,Wholesale Football Jerseys, PMM 8207, which was heading in the same direction as the motorcyclists.The Premio is registered to Wesley Saunders of Barron Street, Republic Park, East Bank Demerara,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, and was being driven by his wife, Marisska. There were four other occupants, and they were all injured.As of press time, the extent of their injuries was not clear.The victims were rushed to the Fort Wellington Hospital after which Lynch and Semple were transported to the Georgetown Public Health facility.Additionally, a wagon was also hit but the driver, along with his two children,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, wife, and brother-in-law escaped with minor injuries.The motorcycle was towed to the Fort Wellington Police Station compound.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2480
用戶失蹤天數 1827
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-18 19:46 
By Enid Joaquin?Maria Paul is what one would call a master basket weaver. That is not at all surprising, considering she has been involved in the craft for almost her entire life.Weaving her craft for more than forty years, Maria can make a basket than can fit in the palm of one’s hand, to one that has to be maneuvered through the door.Displaying the basket as the perfect receptacle for exhibiting flower arrangements“I make baskets for flower girls,Wholesale Jerseys 2018, florists and also laundry and vendor baskets.As a matter of fact,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, I can make anything in the line of baskets.”Basket weaving has been in Maria’s family for more than a hundred years.Maria was of course taught the art by her mother, who was introduced to it by her mother-in-law.“I was only eight years old when my mother taught me to make baskets, because she was doing that to supplement our family income. So by the time I was twelve, I was able to assist in bringing in some more money, which was really needed at the time, as my father had died the year before.”The family was at the time living at Lowwood , Demerara River.Living at Lowwood naturally afforded them easy access to markets in Georgetown, as their baskets were very much in demand there.Maria later moved to Linden while still in her teens, where she began working as a domestic servant.However her stint as a domestic was short-lived after she became pregnant with her first child.“After I got my baby I went back to Low wood and it was back to making baskets.That was how I was able to take care of my child, as I was a single parent.At the time the business was flourishing. I would make the baskets, and take them to town to sell,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, where vegetable vendors would snap them up.Those baskets used to sell like hot cakes, as the plastic variety was nowhere around,” Maria said with a faraway look in her eyes.She noted that in those days, her baskets used to sell for between fifty and a hundred dollars, which was very affordable.”I later returned to Linden where I started to teach basket weaving to some early school leavers. I also made baskets, which were sold there. I was doing work for the Regional Office and they would pay me, but the money just couldn’t compensate for all the work I was doing, so I left after a year.’A born entrepreneur,Cheap Jerseys 2018, Maria was soon back to being her own boss, in the world of basketry.Years later, she met her husband, Robert Paul, who is a logger like her father.Putting the finishing touches to one of her creationsShe promptly introduced him to the trade, as he was at the time unemployed.“He learnt to make the baskets so well, that he was soon helping me; so we worked as a team and continued to market in Georgetown.The business at the time was very lucrative, so that when we eventually got married,Cheap Jerseys USA, the money from basket sales covered all our expenses,” she reminisced.Maria would return to Linden with her husband.That decision did not go down too well with her family, who expressed the fear that she would lose all her markets.It did not take Maria long after resettling in linden,NFL Jerseys China, to realize how right they were.PLASTIC IMPORTS KILLING TRADEThings were no longer the same, as plastic had taken the market by storm.“You see the importation of plastic products and all these other things from China- it killing local produce- people opting to buy the plastic, even though it is inferior to our products. So what has started to happen is that people like me, who are in the business of basket making- we’re suffering.“Sales have dropped drastically, we’re finding it very hard, as we are hardly getting orders. Right now I have a set of ‘muckra’ (a species of plant used locally for weaving) that spolit, because I didn’t use it up.You see muckra is what I use to make the baskets, so I would usually hire a truck to bring it out after cutting it. But muckra doesn’t last long. You have to use it when it is fresh, if not it loses its resilience, it would no longer bend easily- it would break. Now when that happens I lose money, because remember I had to pay the truck for transportation.”But Maria is not ready to give up on her basket weaving business, as she has the faith that there would be a turnaround in her fortunes.And whenever that turnaround comes, she is well prepared she says, as she can weave as many as fifty baskets per week; and like her mother she has taught her children the intricacies of this wonderful art form.Maria’s Christmas wish this year is that her fortunes would turn around.“I’m really hoping to get some orders this Christmas, a

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2480
用戶失蹤天數 1827
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-18 22:51 
Guyana has agreed to a suggestion from the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat to joinFallen former Cuban leader,Wholesale Jerseys Online, Fidel Castrowith CARICOM member states to honour the late President of Cuba,Cheap Jerseys From China, Fidel Castro Ruiz,Jerseys NFL Cheap, by having all national flags flown at half-mast today.According to official communication from the Secretariat,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, this is an appropriate and meaningful gesture of support and solidarity with the Government and people of Cuba as they pay tribute to their former President.The Golden Arrowhead will be flown at half-mast at all public buildings.The late President Castro was the holder of an honorary award of the Order of the Caribbean Community (OCC). He died last Friday night.Cuba has announced a week of mourning for Castro,China NFL Jerseys, hailed by some a revolutionary.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2480
用戶失蹤天數 1827
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-18 22:52 
Christmas Eve services in New Amsterdam were heavily affected by noise and heavy music on Saturday evening. Main Street was blocked off from St Ann Street to St John Street and thousands of revelers lined the roadway imbibing and eating and having a good time, while loud music was being played.Midnight masses which began at 11:00 pm and 11:30pm at the Roman Catholic Church of the Ascension and All Saints’ Anglican Church respectively were affected by the loud music emanating from the large music sets along Main Street.At the Roman Catholic Church,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, where there were quite a few midnight worshippers, the priest had to give his Christmas sermon and had to speak at the top of his voice.The whole scenario which is experienced each Christmas Eve, reminds a lot of persons of the very first Christmas when the Son of God was born quietly in the stables while the world,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, noisily went on with its business.In his Christmas sermon, Father Terrance Montrose told his congregation that just as how Baby Jesus was born at a time when there was massive confusion; it is the same situation in the world today. “There is wars and confusion and hatred,Wholesale Jerseys Outlet, even in our own country, we see the same thing happening. Jesus is being born in a moment of confusion,” he told the faithful.“We hear every single day what we are doing to each other. The way we speak to each other, the way we relate to each other; husbands killing wives,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, and wives killing husbands and fathers killing daughters and friends killing each other,Supply NFL Jerseys Factory, and so on. And there is oppression and there is hatred. Not all times these are recorded in our newspapers, but it is very frequently. “He noted that in order to know what is really and truly happening within our society, we have to go to the underworld to see how depraved we have become.“We have to listen to the underworld to see how much we are in need of God’s love and mercy. Christ is being born today and the world is still waiting in darkness and hunger,Stitched NFL Jerseys, waiting for the light to shine upon us,” he related.He noted that Christmas happens every year since Christ continues to be born, but that there is confusion in the world.The Nativity crib was then blessed and opened for those who wished to spend some time in front and reflect about the true meanings of Christmas and pray. (Leon Suseran)

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2480
用戶失蹤天數 1827
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-19 01:59 
In an effort to improve the capacity of the forest sector,holesale Soccer Jerseys, 15 staffers within the Guyana Forestry Commission (GFC) recently participated in a two-day training workshop, held November 24-25,Wholesale Jerseys, on tree identification.GFC participants and trainers during the recent workshop on the use of electronic identification for timber species.“This tree identification workshop was unique because the technique involved in identifying the trees was an Electronic Identification Key which allowed participants to determine the tree species by selecting the botanical component,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, DNA barcodes and wood anatomy features,NFL Jerseys Cheap, GFC said in a release yesterday.A practical exercise to demonstrate the methods to obtain wood samples was conducted.“The workshop concluded with an analysis of the experience of using the key and making recommendations to improve the tool and promote its use in Amazon countries,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,” GFC explained.The Environment Coordinator of the Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organization (ACTO), Theresa Castillion-Elder,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, expressed appreciation to the Commission for its support to the organization for the training workshop; the trainers from the SINCHI Institute of Colombia and the Forest Product Laboratory from Brazil.She also expressed appreciation to the Amazon Regional Program for its support.