標題: Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China ” Teixeira noted.
無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2428
用戶失蹤天數 1904
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-22 03:16 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Premised on a principle that is enshrined in the constitution, Government and officials of the Region 10 administration have been engaged in what has been described as meaningful discussions with a view of having the Technical and Economic Committees become fully operable.The two committees were established in August last,Wholesale Baseball Jerseys, in a bid to deal with the social needs of the residents of Linden following a month-long protest action, during which residents had initially demonstrated against government’s announcement of a hike in electricity tariff in the mining town.At a recent meeting between officials of Government and the Region 10 administration, an agreement was reached to “clean the slate” of all previous names of those proposed for chairmanship of the committees, according to People’s Progressive Party Chief Whip, Gail Teixeira. She made this disclosure at the most recent post Cabinet press briefing at Office of the President.At that meeting the Government’s side was represented by Teixeira,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Prime Minister Samuel Hinds, Public Works Minister Robeson Benn and Presidential Adviser on Community Development, Odinga Lumumba. Regional Chairman Sharma Solomon,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys, People’s National Congress Reform Executive Aubrey Norton and APNU’s Vanessa Kissoon represented Region 10.According to Teixeira “we agreed at that meeting that we would clean the slate of all previous names of proposed chairpersons that had been brought by both sides and we would start with a clean slate to find persons.” The meeting,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, she said, saw emphasis being given to the need for names that are acceptable to both sides. Teixeira related that some of the names that were proposed by the Region 10 delegation were in fact likened to “red flags to a bull.”“We have made it clear to them that if we really want to get these committees functioning and chairpersons in place, we have to start out on what is a principle that is enshrined in our constitution of not putting names that are unacceptable to the other side.”Another meeting was slated for Friday last,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and according to Teixeira, it was anticipated that new names would have been offered by both sides. However, this is not likely to see an end to the engagements as according to her “we hope to keep talking and to move as the saying goes ‘one, one dutty build dam’. It is important to talk sometimes when you don’t even always look as if you are moving forward…”Teixeira emphasised the importance of talks, even as she disclosed that there are many engagements sometimes at other levels with the opposition. However there are instances, she added,Nike Air Max 95 White, when such discussions are not reflected in parliament “and then it is a different issue altogether.” She insisted that the Region 10 issue is important to Government, thus efforts will be sustained to ensure that there is no misunderstanding and there is no area that could become a problem on either side.Aside from the issue of chairpersons for the committees, Teixeira said that one of the major talking points was the work of the committee. Moreover, she said that efforts were made to extend the contracts of the persons in the Secretariat for the two committees in anticipation of “whenever we reach agreement we don’t have to go and create a secretariat or call back people. So people are being retained and that is for us an issue of good faith to make sure that there is no hiccup once the chairpersons are named”.Also being addressed is the issue of broadcasting licences for the Region.“I understand from the Broadcasting Authority that they are meeting on Tuesday (yesterday) and a number of the licences will be examined and therefore as far as I am aware the process for the Region 10 applications is proceeding in accordance with the law,” Teixeira noted.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2428
用戶失蹤天數 1904
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-22 03:16 
How much sense does it make to call 911 to get a prompt response to a real emergency?“Totally none,” is the answer given by Mrs Tara Mattai, an overseas-based Guyanese who was part of a family outing that ended in tragedy in the Abary Backlands on Wednesday.Faced with the horror and trauma of watching loved ones drown, she called 911.“I was frantic. I called once; the phone rang out. I hung up and called again,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, the phone rang out. I went through this process of calling and hanging up and calling again about 25 times before a female answered the telephone.”She continued: “I explained that I was at a location where people had drowned and others needing medical help. The female assured me that the Police at Mahaicony would be immediately dispatched with a boat to render assistance.”“I told her that I needed to get a call from her to hear that help was on its way. This was around 11:45am. Up to 5PM,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, No return call came, no help came.”Meanwhile, other members of the outing made calls to family members, many of whom soon arrived on the scene to render assistance but they could not offer what was needed: “ medical assistance”.The woman said that around 3PM and after about 100 additional calls to 911, a policeman and a policewoman arrived at the scene with notebooks.“Their intention was to take information. They could not help otherwise.” she said.At 5pm, some six hours after the tragic accident, another team of Police personnel arrived,Cheap China Jerseys, again, merely to gather information.The Canada-based Guyanese said, “What we needed desperately was medical assistance. I explained this to the woman who answered the 911 call.”“We received no help whatsoever from dialing 911. The help we received was from relatives, friends and well wishers who traveled to the area in response to our emergency calls.”She and many of the relatives who were at the scene of the tragedy, said that at least one of the three persons who died,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, would have survived if medical attention had been forthcoming in the immediate aftermath of the accident.She said that Sharda Singh, 38, of Number Two Village Blairmont, West Bank Berbice, was taken out of the Creek and given mouth to mouth respiration and had recovered somewhat but then went into a panic and screamed continuously for a very long time before she died.“We were in a horrific situation and as far as official help was concerned,NFL Jerseys China Cheap, despite all the calls we made, we got none whatsoever.”The visibly upset woman,China Jersyes Cheap, said that she intends to raise the failure of an effective official response to the Abary Creek tragedy “at the highest levels of authority” if necessary before she returns home.

無頭像
QlzgrN5C

帖子 6402
註冊 2017-12-7
用戶註冊天數 2356
用戶失蹤天數 2147
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-22 03:58 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***