yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 1762
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-27 12:03 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Fareeza HaniffThe ongoing feud between the Guyana Labour Union and the Woodlands Hospital has taken a turn for the worse, as a meeting held between the two parties on Wednesday proved fruitless.The Ministry of Labour has since decided to take legal action against Woodlands Hospital for failing to honour the decision taken at the recognition board. The Woodlands Hospital had signed an agreement with the Guyana Labour Union (GLU) where they recognized the fact that the GLU represents employees at the hospital.However, on July 11, General Secretary of the GLU, Carvil Duncan reported that the hospital was in breach of the agreement signed and as such sought to arrange a meeting with the officials at the hospital to discuss the matter.It was earlier reported that some of the members were told by officials at the hospital that if they joined the labour union, then they will be fired.Duncan had told this newspaper that forms were sent to the hospital requesting that the union dues be deducted for those members who are part of the GLU.However, although 93 forms were submitted to the hospital for deduction, only 32 were granted.Duncan said that the hospital refused to grant permission for the others as they claimed that the forms were not authentic.A further meeting was held on Wednesday to discuss the same issue,Cheap Jerseys From China, but according to Mr. Duncan,Cheap Jerseys From China, the personnel manager of the hospital turned up at the meeting and related that the directives of the hospital were not available to attend the meeting and as such she does not have the authority to make any decisions as it relates to the matter.Mr. Charles Ogle from the Ministry of Labour was the conciliator at the meeting, and due to the stance taken by the hospital, the Ministry has since decided to take the matter to the court.When Kaieteur News contacted the Personnel Officer (PO) of the Woodlands Hospital about the move taken by the ministry, the Personnel Officer noted that she is not aware that the ministry has taken legal action against the hospital.?It was earlier reported that some GLU members who are employees at the hospital have complained that they were called into the office of the Personnel Officer at the hospital and questioned as to why they joined the GLU and who encouraged them to be part of the union.According to Duncan, some members were also told that they would be fired if they were to ever become a member of the Guyana Labour Union.This, Duncan said,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, is a breach of the Recognition Agreement signed between Woodlands Hospital Limited and the Guyana Labour Union. The hospital selectively decided who shall be a member of the union and who should not, he added.It was also reported that the hospital has been antagonizing the workers who are members of the union.Duncan said the situation has reached the stage where the union’s shop steward was issued with a termination letter.It is this that has led the union to conclude that the hospital’s attitude towards the members is tantamount to union busting, which,Cheap NFL Jerseys, according to Duncan, is causing the workers to operate under serious mental strain.?Woodlands Hospital had explained that some of the workers disclosed that they had never seen the deduction forms which bear the signature of 95 workers at the hospital.A source from the hospital had noted that after some of the workers realized that monies were being deducted from their salaries,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, they enquired and found out that $600 was being taken out of their salaries at the end of every month for union dues.It was then that some staff members said that they are not part of the union.Woodlands Hospital now has a total of 26 staff members whose signatures are on the forms for deduction of union dues, who are now claiming that they are not members of the GLU and that they never signed the said form.In this regard,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Duncan noted that the employees refused to admit that they signed the forms because they were afraid of being fired by the officials at the hospital.While the hospital claims that the employees did not sign the forms, Duncan noted that to date, none of the said employees has complained to the labour union.

無頭像
QlzgrN5C

帖子 6402
註冊 2017-12-7
用戶註冊天數 2331
用戶失蹤天數 2122
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-27 12:30 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2403
用戶失蹤天數 1879
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-27 14:33 
–?? ?Now able to have thriving garden without animals trespassing By Rabindra Rooplall Imagine getting through your busy day without feet. Picture your life without the ability toAmanda Anthony poses near her new gate and fenced property.walk as you normally would, or care for your basic needs,Wholesale MLB Jerseys, or even being able to have a regular job. This is the daily reality for Amanda Anthony of Lot 7, Block 5, Hope Village, East Coast Demerara, who recently had her yard fenced by corporate giant Gafsons Industries Limited.This, she said, would now assist her in having a thriving kitchen garden since previously her plants were destroyed because animals within the area would traverse through her yard.After the death of her husband,Cheap Jerseys From China, Ms Anthony said she was fortunate to have a Non-governmental organization – Habitat for Humanity – build a house she happily calls home. She further expressed equal gratitude to Mr Sattaur Gafoor for fencing her entire yard.Last year, Habitat for Humanity Guyana gave Ms Anthony a great Christmas by moving her into her two-bedroom home. This year, she received another Christmas gift which came in the form of her yard being fenced.Anthony, a 53-year-old mother of two, was born without the parts of her legs below the knees. Originally from the interior region, she moved to Georgetown with her husband and children about 10 years ago. Unfortunately,NFL Jerseys China, tragedy struck the family. Her husband died of malaria.Amanda was left with two children to support and no source of income. Having been born with the aforementioned disability, Amanda adjusted to life without her lower legs. While it did not hinder her capacity to function, she was unable to garner employment,Jerseys NFL Cheap, which resulted in her not being able to afford to send her children to school, and them not completing primary school.As a result, her 23-year-old son became the sole breadwinner, working for a minimal salary that was not sufficient to cater to the family’s daily needs and pay a mortgage. When Amanda approached Habitat Guyana for support to construct her home there was no hesitation that she would become the first recipient of the promotion.In addition to Scotiabank, Habitat Guyana received support for other areas of the home such as furnishing and the provision of food items from Courts, Ansa McAl, the Braam family, the Guyana Relief Council,Nike Air Max 95 White, which provides a monthly food hamper, and private donors.She explained that her bills are paid with the collection of monthly public assistance.? She continued: “I may not be able to do plenty things, but I cook my own food,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, do my own cleaning, and take care of myself. If anyone ever hires me I would try my best to work hard and be useful.”Ms Anthony further explained that she constantly wondered why she was different and questioned the purpose of life…or if she even had a purpose.“I am really good at embroidery; I have never been hired by anyone to work. I always say to myself that no one wants to employ me, and how am I going to take care of myself, but God always has kind-hearted people helping me. Otherwise when my husband was alive he would take care of the family, he died in 2011, and since then I have been facing more challenges.”According to Ms Anthony, the victory over her struggles, as well as her strength and passion for life today, can be credited to her faith in God.