yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2419
用戶失蹤天數 1766
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-6 16:07 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Leon SuseranVendors of the Corriverton Market are peeved about the decision of the Mayor and Town Council (M&TC) of Corriverton to restrict cyclists and “free movement” on a recently- constructed steel bridge. The bridge connects Sideline Number 78 Village to Number 79 Village, in the vicinity of the Municipal Market.Seetaram Nagassar, fired on the spot on Saturday morning for allowing a cyclist to cross the bridgeAccording to a group of irate vendors who congregated around the bridge last Saturday, the Mayor, Roy Baijnauth, erected a sign on the iron structure which states “No cyclists allowed on this bridge”.The vendors said that is unfair,Cheap NFL Jerseys, since cyclists wishing to cross the bridge have to go all the way around the road to do so. Additionally, the council has erected two iron bars that stand perpendicularly at each end of the bridge.This, the vendors said, is a hindrance to free movement of persons, especially shoppers with large bags. They also said that the iron bars pose a difficulty for ‘big’ persons who will have a difficult time meandering to cross the bridge, because of their size.The bridge is three feet wide. The bars on either side make it even narrower to cross. Security guards employed with the M&TC have been placed by the bridge to ensure cyclists remain off the bridge. Kaieteur News was told that Mr Baijnauth allegedly fired a security guard on the spot on Saturday morning after the guard had allowed a cyclist to use the bridge.“And because a cycle push over, the Mayor passed and knock the man off immediately—yes the Mayor of Corriverton, Roy Baijnauth”, said one vendor.But Baijnauth said that the security guard was not dismissed but “warned” and that he had to report to the Constabulary. “He wasn’t dismissed; he was warned, nobody dismissed him”, he noted.“A cyclist is a person who pedals a cycle, not a person who pushes a cycle…but people can’t stand for their rights. They don’t even understand what the word ‘cyclist’ means,” said one fruit vendor.“A fat man or woman cannot pass. You can’t pass this if you’re fat. You cannot use this bridge. You cannot push over a bicycle. A security guard is present,” said another vendor.The security guard, Seetaram Nagassar,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, was employed with the Corriverton M&TC for over four months and related what happened.“I come to work. I book me time for 7 o’ clock. Me deh pon the bridge here and a woman wanted to ride across [the bridge] with her bicycle. She told me that if I want her not to use the bridge,Wholesale Jerseys Outlet, then I will have to drag she [expletive] off”, he said.“A man come with a bicycle and said he will throw me in the [expletive] trench”, Nagassar said. He said the Mayor saw when the man crossed the bridge with his bicycle and “he [the Mayor] go over there and he sent to call the sergeant. After the sergeant called me in his office, he told me to go home”, he related.“Me owe bank for me house.”Since all cyclists have been barred from crossing the bridge, a cyclist resorts to lifting his cycle acrossSaeed Hamid, who has sought to represent the vendors and their cause, showed this newspaper a signed petition with more than 300 names. This petition will be taken to the Corriverton Mayor.“Open up the bridge freely so that both cyclists and pedestrians could use it”, Hamid said.“A lady with a pram with a child cannot pass here. A man with a wheelchair or clutch cannot pass here”, he noted.“The ordinary people struggle to pass on that bridge with a mere handbag. One could, therefore,NFL Jerseys China, imagine what happens when vendors and purchasers, with sizeable baskets try to use this brand new,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, fancy structure. For whatever reason, the bridge designed as it is, people even children are very uncomfortable using it,” Hamid said.“You’re walking and the person has to lift the bicycle across the bridge, I don’t know what the reason is. Apparently, bicycles now have cage wheels so it will damage the bridge”.When contacted, Mayor of Corriverton, Roy Baijnauth, defended the policy of the M&TC to block all cyclists from traversing the bridge.“When the cyclists pass, it inconveniences the pedestrian. If people [are] coming in the opposite direction, what will happen? We have alternative route for the cyclist, if you coming from Rahaman Street, you turn right and you continue your way and turn back and continue to the market,” the Mayor said.He added that there are hours during which cyclists are restricted. “No cyclist can pass between 7am- 3pm”.Romein Chetram, a vendor,MLB Jerseys From China, disputed this and said that the