Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-16 08:51 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
An American expert is lauding the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) as comprising some of the best and brightest in the region.Jeff Apperson, vice-president of the United States’ National Centre for State Courts (NCSC),Air Max Shoes For Sale, made the assertion on Monday, last, at the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Caribbean Conference of Heads of Judiciary, the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) and the NCSC, which is expected to ease the backlog of hundreds of thousands of cases which continue to stymie T&T’s courts.Jeff AppersonThe MoU was signed by Chief Justice Ivor Archie,Cheap NFL Jerseys, president of the CCJ Sir Dennis Byron and NCSC’s? Apperson.Saying he has been working with the CCJ for about three years, Apperson described the court as “very importantly” situated in the region to help administer the development of justice.“I have worked with the CCJ in International Association for Court Administration and also knowing the people and the judges of the CCJ as I do, you have some of the best and brightest people here in the region,” Apperson added. He said the best practices regarding court administration have been studied and the aim is to apply these measures via the MoU.“The CCJ and the Caribbean chief justices are very forward thinking and I think what we saw today (yesterday) was a manifestation of their interest in making this region the best region possible.” Questioned whether he believed the CCJ could effectively replace Britain’s Privy Council, Apperson said he was confident of the organisation’s capability and efficiency. The missing factor,Brian Poole Falcons Jersey, he said, however, is harmonisation.“We live in a globalised world and we work in an ecomonic world and a judicial world that was moving closer together and it’s important for us to regionally co-ordinate our efforts. “I think strong justice institutions in the Caribbean can only work to the benefit of the people,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, because it will strengthen the investment opportunities. Justice and economics do go hand in hand,” Apperson said.He also urged that while judiciaries must be independent there must be cohesion.During the opening of the 2011/2012 law term, Archie made reference to the backlog of cases in the T&T courts,Jerseys From China, saying if every matter went to trial in the High Court each judge would have do over 400 trials per year. “A clear impossibility,” he said.Speaking after the signing, Apperson, who has been involved in court administration for 30 years added, “I believe my administration can impact on the backlog of cases. Backlogs are a very difficult issue to administer,Air Max 97 Womens, but I do believe as we bring together the best practices we can affect the backlogs.”Questioned about what percentage of the country’s judicial system was expected to be eased once the MOU’s measures were implemented, Apperson however, chose not to offer a specific figure.