無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2411
用戶失蹤天數 1757
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-16 13:41 
Speaker of the National Assembly, Raphael Trotman, viewing the matter of the four stalled Local Government Bills as one that can “brew unwanted tension”, has written the President in an effort to seek solutions.Trotman penned President Donald Ramotar saying that the matter is placing “undue strain” on the Parliament Office. In that correspondence,World Baseball Classic Jerseys, the Speaker urged the President to use his “good offices” to expedite the process of Assenting to the Bills.The Speaker stated “I am prepared to meet with you at anytime to discuss the matter with a view to ensuring early assent.”The President hasn’t since responded,Nike Air Max 2018 Shoes, but Trotman told Kaieteur News that he is expecting to hear from the Head of State soon.The four Local Government Bills, essential for the holding of Local Government Elections,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, were passed in the National Assembly since August,Cheap Jerseys, 7. This year marks 19 years since the last Local Government Elections were held in Guyana.The House approved the Fiscal Transfers Bill, the Municipal and District Councils (Amendment) Bill, the Local Government (Amendment) Bill and the Local Government Commission Bill. This was after a 12-year period of attempting to reform the process.Local Government Minister, Ganga Persaud, piloted all four of the Bills and while government supported the pieces of legislation, it attempted to amend at least two of the Bills.The Bills were presented to the House after it emerged from a Special Select Committee, which is chaired by APNU’s Basil Williams and where the Opposition holds a majority.Trotman in his letter stated that he has received several inquiries from Members of the National Assembly on the status of the Bills. He noted, “I have been urged to make inquiries of your Excellency as to your Government’s position on these very important Bills as there are conflicting views and opinions emanating from various quarters of your Government… As indicated previously when I had cause to write to you about two Bills that have been passed by the House that awaited your Assent, I am of the firm belief that the framers of our Constitution intended for all Bills to be assented to within twenty-one days of them being presented for Assent, and this, in my considered opinion,Nike Air Max 1 Womens Sale, includes and anticipates, the process of examination by the Chief Parliamentary Counsel, who incidentally, in this instance, was present during the consideration of the work of the Special Select Committee that examined the Bills, and is therefore familiar with the amendments proposed and approved by the House.”In the letter, Trotman also stated, “I, with the greatest of respect,Nike Air Max 98 Gundam For Sale, wish to state that I can think of no plausible reason why these Bills that emanated from your Government would not find favour with your Excellency. I am aware that there were several amendments that were discomforting to the Government, but these issues were largely addressed during the debate following the presentation of some counter-amendments proposed by the Minister for Local Government, and accepted by the House.”Meanwhile, the Bills are with the Chief Parliamentary Counsel, Cecil Dhurjon. Dhurjon is stationed at the Ministry of Legal Affairs.The constitution has provided the President with a 21-day period for his assent to a Bill. The President has to act on or before those allotted days have elapsed and has the right to withhold his assent and return it to the National Assembly. If a Bill is not assented to, it remains ineffective.