yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2481
用戶失蹤天數 2158
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-17 21:20 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Mondale SmithGuyanese, like the salt of the earth, can be found everywhere in the world contributing positively to its development. But,Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys, wherever they are in pursuit of success, their hearts remain at home in Guyana, especially at Christmas time.Guyanese Alanna Payne - Warrant Officer United States Army They are engineers, teachers, medical professionals, lawyers and even military personnel fighting wars against Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan. Guyanese have made their mark worldwide. Among the lot is Alanna Payne – Warrant Officer United States Army.She describes herself as a strong, independent, goal-oriented and ambitious Guyanese. The mother of one hails from Norton Street Werk-en-Rust.A former student of Christ Church Secondary, Alanna migrated to the USA before completing the CXC examinations, but furthered her education in the United States. Now she’s a Warrant Officer in the United States Army; one of 357 in her branch.Alana will not be home in Guyana this Christmas, and during the year it’s even more unlikely for her to make the trip as she’s constantly on the go.She says thoughtfully, “Christmas gives me a chance to reconnect with my family. It is also a time spent cooking, eating, bonding and sharing gifts.”Reflecting on her ‘green Christmas’ memories, Alanna Payne said, “In Guyana it was the excitement of house cleaning and decorating, and listening to Christmas carols that got me in the mood, but my favourite memory of Christmas in Guyana is the ‘No Big Ting show’ on the radio….God, I miss those days.”Recalling her first ‘white Christmas’ she said “seeing snow for the very first time and how beautiful it was I’ll always remember, despite the cold as opposed to the tropical temperatures back home.”Christmas this year will be spent in Texas in her new home with family.Of the delicacies at Christmas, she said,Jerseys NFL China, “Years after migrating to the USA, my family still enjoy the traditional Guyanese dishes on Christmas Day. Pepper pot remains my favourite dish during the festive season. My mother helps in that department by keeping the Guyanese flavour in it for me.My extended family gathers at Christmas to eat some good old Guyanese food and all the ginger beer, but we also add turkey,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, collard greens, and macaroni and cheese etc to the menu for good measure.”In the US Army amidst conducting drills et al, to ensure territorial integrity etc.,Wholesale Jerseys China, her heart remains in Guyana and she is always expressing fond memories of home.“I’m in Guyana in spirit and I do wish my homeland wealth,NCAA Basketball Jerseys, prosperity,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, and most importantly, unity in the New Year.”