無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2382
用戶失蹤天數 2086
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-19 15:15 
Although a vaccine shortage resulted in the stalling of the Ministry of Public Health’s Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination programme at one point, Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Dr. Shamdeo Persaud, has assured that this challenge is a thing of the past.“We have vaccines now and I am happy that we do have again,” said Dr. Persaud as he disclosed that the Ministry had some intermittent disruptions of stock availability.The HPV vaccination programme was introduced in January 2012 as a $40 million venture. It was launched at the East La Penitence Health Centre by then Minister of Health, Dr. Bheri Ramsaran, and targeted young girls between the ages of 11 and 13 at selected schools.HPV can cause cervical cancer. A potential impact of contracting cervical cancer is the development of other health conditions such as genital warts and even cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva.Dr. Ramsaran had informed that one of the vaccines can cost as much as US$14, making it arguably the most expensive vaccination programme administered by the Ministry. The former Minister had, on multiple occasions, deemed the programme a success. But,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, in March 2014 an official close to the Ministry disclosed that there were no vaccines, ultimately bringing the programme to a standstill.Dr. Persaud divulged recently that the programme had benefited from three replacement stocks before the disruption situation. “This is a serial vaccine so whoever starts has to finish…Because we had that problem we weren’t starting new people because we couldn’t guarantee three doses,” the CMO disclosed.But the past year deliberate efforts were made to complete the outstanding doses for those who were vaccinated,Cheap Jerseys From China, paving the way for the advancement of the programme. “Now we have to start fresh groups again,Nike Shox Men Clearance, so we have prioritised and we are now in the process of doing some sensitisation,” said Dr. Persaud as he expressed hope that it would be an achievable task to reach the target group in light of the an announcement by the Education Ministry that over 90 per cent of school age children are in school.“We had excellent coverage in Regions Three,Cheap Jerseys From China, Four, Six and other coastal regions but this time around we really want to focus on the hinterland areas. The idea is to try to get to everyone in the vulnerable age group…it is not a whole lot in the hinterland regions and I think we can do all but getting to all sometimes could be a challenge,” said Dr. Persaud.He is however optimistic that the move by the health sector to have larger centralised schools in the hinterland areas could be useful to the vaccination programme.The CMO, however,Cheap Jerseys, asserted that the vaccine can only be effective if it reaches young girls before their onset of sexual activity. “The vaccine is to help with prevention. So once you are vaccinated with the HPV vaccine your body will develop the antibodies against the virus. If the virus does come along, your body will be able to isolate and destroy it quickly but if it is there already I don’t know if the vaccine will work – That is the crux of the matter,” he added.According to Dr. Persaud, there have been some adult females who have been seeking to have the HPV vaccine administered to them too. “We do try to facilitate some but if you are already there, you are already there,Cheap Jerseys,” said the CMO.He stressed the need for a lot of education regarding HPV vaccination. He related though that there are some prevailing misconceptions many of which have been addressed since the start of the programme.Some of the misconceptions have been linked to the vaccine being used by the local health sector. Dr. Persaud however asserted that Gardasil, the vaccine being used by the health sector, is globally recognised and is recommended by the World Health Organisation.While there have been considerations about offering the vaccine to young boys as well, Dr. Persaud said that this will have to be determined by Government as it would mean that twice the amount of drugs will have to be procured.But the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) last year committed assistance to the Public Health Ministry to aid its HPV vaccination programme. This was disclosed by PAHO’s Dr. Janice Woolford.Dr. Woolford formerly headed the Health Ministry’s Maternal and Child Health Unit. She at a joint PAHO/Ministry of Public Health meeting in August of last year admitted that there was a problem with the vaccination programme.“We initially had some problems with it (HPV programme) but the vaccines will soon be here…”

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 2086
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-19 17:40 
– as massive vigil streamlined to mark one-year anniversary Another investigation into the death of four-year-old Jaden Mars,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, who died under questionable circumstancesNathalie Caseley displays photos showing the deterioration of her son at the GPHCat the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) almost a year ago has reportedly commenced.This development was intimated to mother of the deceased child, Nathalie Caseley, via a correspondence she received from the Guyana Medical Council last week.But according to Caseley in an interview with this publication, “they seem to be stalling.”She is convinced that rather than taking definitive action,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey UK, efforts are being made to ‘wear her down’. She disclosed that the Medical Council in its correspondence to her stated that the renewed investigation into her son’s death will see all parties involved in her son’s demise being interviewed. This is in spite of the fact that several investigations at the level of the Hospital and the Ministry of Health had found glaring evidence of negligence in the treatment Mars received at the public health institution.Chief Medical Officer, Dr Shamdeo Persaud, had told this publication that he was satisfied that investigations conducted offered sufficient information for action to be taken at the levels of the Nursing and Medical Councils.This publication was informed that one nurse who attended to the child was sent on administrative leave,Cheap Soccer Jerseys For Sale, while at least three doctors involved in the case have remained on the job.Caseley, since her son’s demise, has remained relentless in her fight for justice and has even retained Attorney at Law Nigel Hughes on a pro bono basis to legally fight her cause.According to Caseley,NFL Jerseys China, “we have served them through the court with our statement of claims and are awaiting a response from their attorney.”Hughes had told this publication that “the deceased estate will be claiming exemplary damages for negligence to the tune of $40 million.”Mars was admitted to the GPHC on December 4 last year to have his tongue sutured for a minorThe Jaden Mars T-Shirt to be worn during the vigilinjury which he sustained when he fell at home and hit his mouth on a five-gallon bucket.The child was initially taken to the East Ruimveldt Health Centre for medical attention but was transferred to the GPHC where, as part of attempts to treat him,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Mens Trainers, he was administered at least 50 milligrams of Ketamine intended to sedate him so that his tongue could be sutured. However, since the anaesthetic medicine was not effective in putting the child to sleep he was referred to the theatre to allow for controlled sedation.The process should have taken about 15 minutes but it was not until one hour later that medical personnel emerged from the theatre to inform Caseley that her son’s heart had “crashed”.He remained in an unconscious state until December 10, when he died, in the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU).Caseley has contended that “by no means, at all, my son should have ended up dead for the minor injury he sustained…I feel as though I’m now being pushed around and taken for granted in my quest for justice and closure.”And even as the one-year anniversary nears for her son’s demise,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, Caseley has plans for a massive vigil set for the GPHC’s Accident and Emergency entrance.“I am expected to have a large turnout at the vigil as it marks one year since the doctors at the GPHC pronounced my sweet Jaden dead,” said the still grieving mother who disclosed that, “I’m also using this opportunity to call out all the victims of GPHC to come out in support of my fight for justice. When I say victims of GPHC, I mean all those who have been affected the way I have been; everyone who lost someone because of their (GPHC’s) negligence,” Caseley emphasised.According to her, while she recognises that her fight can in no way resurrect her first born son, her sustained efforts are geared at not only representing “persons who have been left with permanent scars because of the negligence of medical practitioners,” but in order to help prevent such situations from becoming a regular trend.“I am asking persons wishing to support the vigil to take a white t-shirt along with $1,200 to the Trophy Stall at Bourda Market in order to imprint the inscription “Justice for Jaden Mars” which will serve as the attire of those supporting the vigil,” Caseley said.It is expected that the vigil will be supported by Mothers in Black, Red Thread and other

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 2086
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-19 20:49 
“We will make it up to them in the years to come,” said Minister of Social Protection, Ms. Volda Lawrence, yesterday, when asked if she had made any representation at the level of Cabinet for pensioners to have a Christmas bonus this year.The Minister’s disclosure was forthcoming during her Ministry’s end of year press conference which was held at the Millennium Manor Hotel, Hadfield Street, Georgetown.Government, earlier this month, announced a one-time $50,000 payout for workers in the public sector who earned a monthly income of less than $500,Cheap Jerseys 2018,000. For a number of years, public servants were able to receive increases to their salaries in December. The increases were retroactive to January of the said year. Pensioners would usually also benefit from the stipulated percentage increase.However, after being elected to office in May, the coalesced A Partnership for National Unity + Alliance for Change (APNU+AFC) in its national budget announced an increase for public sector workers retroactive to July 1.Moreover, as the Christmas season approached some public servants had vocalised their concerns, they would not have been eligible for a year pay package. This year was perhaps the basis for Government’s decision to pay them a $50,000 Christmas bonus. More than $1.5 billion was paid to some 30,700 public sector workers including nurses, teachers, members of the disciplined services and semi-autonomous agencies. But several pensioners voiced their concerns that they were not taken into consideration when Government made its decision.Minister Lawrence said, “The Finance Minister sits next to me in Cabinet,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, so you can understand his predicament. Since the proposal was made seeking to find monies to pay workers the $50,China NFL Jerseys,000,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, immediately I asked about the pensioners and I was told by the Finance Minister (Winston Jordan) that was not possible at this time, but if I could have found the money in my budget he was willing to consider it.”She however informed that unspent monies allocated to her Ministry were already earmarked for several important projects at some homes and various offices that fall under the purview of the Social Protection Ministry.“So we knew that we too couldn’t find that money to give to our pensioners. We have been speaking to them everywhere we go.? I have been assuring them that their interest is our primary concern…” asserted Minister Lawrence.CLARIFIYING SUBSIDIES CONCERNSThe Minister,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, in response to yet another pensioners-related question at yesterday’s press conference, sought to clarify what she described as a “misconception” regarding the subsidies that were previously paid.? Pensioners under the People’s Progressive Party Civic Government were entitled to subsidies for their water and electricity consumption.Minister Lawrence stressed, “There was not a community that I went to personally, where senior citizens have not come to me and addressed the issues by saying ‘thank you Minister and thank you and the Government for ensuring that there is a level playing field in the pension’.”The Minister in her deliberations called into question, the knowledge of some media operatives who have reported on the issue and even questioned whether comments from pensioners across the country were sought before reporting on the stopping of subsidies issue.Minister Lawrence went on to disclose that upon hearing the announcement of the subsidies offered in the National Assembly in 2012, she (then Shadow Minister of Human Services and Social Security) had some concerns with it. Her concerns were premised on her awareness that it would not have catered to the entire senior citizen population.“Immediately I wrote the (then) Minister of Finance, I copied it to the Speaker (of the National Assembly), the Leader of the Opposition; I copied it to the Minister then of Human Services and Social Security because I felt it was a very unfair decision,” said a passionate Minister Lawrence yesterday.She qualified her disclosure by pointing out that in some areas of Guyana, pensioners do not have access to Guyana Power and Light (electricity) and Guyana Water Incorporated (water) services and even if they did, the services would have had to be registered in their names.“The records of the National Assembly can testify that despite 42,000 plus pensioners were allocated for…in response to my question (posed) to the then Minister there were only 7,000 pensioners who were accessing that allowance (subsidy),” declared Minister Lawrence.“It started off being very biased an

無頭像
QlzgrN5C

帖子 6402
註冊 2017-12-7
用戶註冊天數 2324
用戶失蹤天數 2115
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-19 21:25 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2382
用戶失蹤天數 2086
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-20 01:21 
– Traffic Chief Traffic Chief Hugh Denhert believes that the existing legislation is adequate to deal with persons who cause death by dangerous driving and the incidence of drunken driversSenior Superintendent Denhert added that while this so, it is only on the police to carry out the breathalyzer tests and institute charges once tests confirm that a driver is above the legal limit. The Traffic Chief further pointed out that on the first occasion that a person is charged for drunken driving that person is fined $7,Nike Air Max 95 Sale,500; the second time the person is fined and their licence is suspended for a year, and on the third occasion, the person can be jailed or their licence suspended indefinitely.Further, as it relates to the penalties for causing death by dangerous driving, Denhert said that these vary from suspended sentences to custodial sentences. This, the Traffic Chief explained,Cheap Jerseys From China, rests solely on the judgment of the presiding Magistrate. He also used the opportunity to call on parents of teen drivers to be more involved with their children.With specific reference to a recent accident on the East Coast of Demerara where a drunken teen was behind the steering wheel of a vehicle which was involved in an accident that resulted in the death of two persons, Denhert said parents and guardian can play a greater role.“I am appealing to parents to get more involved,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, once you are aware that your child is the holder of a valid driver’s licence, you should be able to monitor him or her on the roadways…It is in their nature to want to experiment on the roadways, but parents can help us,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the Traffic Department, by monitoring these teen drivers,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply,” the Traffic Chief opined.He added that the law provides for a person to be issued with a driver’s licence once they are 17 years and older, but the guardian of these teen drivers should get more involved and if they find that these teens are not responsible as drivers,Brett Favre Falcons Jersey, then they should be supervised.This, Denhert said, will aid the efforts of the traffic department in dealing with errant and reckless drivers.The Guyana Police Force’s Traffic Department has stressed that it will be targeting night spots with the aim of preventing drunken drivers from getting behind steering wheels. That campaign is currently in full effect.