無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2440
用戶失蹤天數 2117
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-22 09:31 
Premised on a mission to help develop health services in Guyana while caring for its people, the Greenheart Medical University (GMU) has been making an impact in the society.Although it opened its doors in 2004 and changed management just last year, the University, which is situated at Croal Street, Stabroek, Georgetown,Cheap Jerseys, was just recently able to delve into the research arena. A study focused on Hypertension was conducted at the Mahaicony Cottage Hospital by a team of GMU officials, inclusive of students and faculty members.The Greenheart Medical teamThe process saw the team monitoring patients with high blood pressure by using home monitoring devices. This was done in order to detect how these affect patients’ blood pressure even as efforts were made to correlate this to their diet and exercise. The result of the study is still in the assessment stage.? However, there are plans for the university to facilitate even more research projects in the future.Governed by a Board of Trustees and a Board of Directors, the university has Dr. Reza Chowdhury, an Indian National, as its Acting Dean and Mr Wayne Barrow as its Registrar.It has been accredited by the Ministry of Education’s National Accreditation Council and the Ministry of Health as well as the World Health Organisation and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). It is also listed in FAIMER International Medical Education Directory.However, there are much more ambitious plans being streamlined by the university,Cheap Jerseys From China, according to Dr. Chowdhury, who revealed plans to build a campus in the near future and a teaching hospital to complement the campus.In addition, he made the call for more Guyanese to join the student population since at the moment “we have mostly foreign students amounting to about 75 percent. We are trying to bring it to at least 50/50.”Said to be on par with the University of Guyana’s Medicine Programme, GMU is able to offer similar programmes within a shorter duration. It also collaborates with foreign institutions, thus has been working closely with overseas-based professors and even graduates.Thus far, it has been able to graduate two batches of medical doctors and one batch of nurses.? The university’s medical programme has catered to a number of foreign students hailing from Nigeria, India, Canada, Nepal and the Caribbean.A batch of students from the United States is expected shortly, Neil Jafers, a product of the university in the area of Medicine, said.? He is currently an Academic Counselor and Lecturer attached to the institution even as he prepares to write his Licensure Exam in Jamaica.He explained that there are currently two Medicine Programmes – a five-year programme for those who have CXC subjects and a four-year programme for persons with pre-qualifications.“We enter students with CXC into our one-year Pre-Medical Programme and the four-year programme is for those who have degrees in Biology, Chemistry,Jerseys NFL Cheap, Physics, Integrated Science, Environmental Science or those who have CAPE or? Edexcel or one year equivalent.”The University has also been accepting international students with Diplomas and other certificates, equivalent to its requirements, Jafers noted.The University also offers a Nursing programme, which according to him, is being revised with a view of taking it to the United States National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) standard. This move,Gordon Hayward Jersey, he said, will see the programme being raised to an even more North American standard.The Nursing programme, like the Medical Programme is divided into two phases with the university offering a two-year Registered Nurses Programme and a four-year Bachelors Degree.However, according to Jafers, the Registered Nurse programme is different from that offered at the local schools of nursing as “we are following the American Curriculum with a mixture of the Caribbean curriculum.”This is necessary,Jerseys China Cheap NFL, he said, in order to allow students to write the NCLEX examination thereby enabling them to practice in the United States.The Degree programme, while it is similar to that offered at UG,Nike Tns Cheap Online, the duration is three years instead of four.Similar to the Nursing Programme, an overhaul is being streamlined for the university’s Pharmacy Programme, which is set to commence in September, Jafers said.The university’s Academic Counselor pointed out that while academics is the primary focus of the university, it also facilitates its students’ involvement in social activities, inclusive of fundraisers. The proceeds

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2440
用戶失蹤天數 2117
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-22 12:26 
…arrest sleeping teenBy Latoya GilesThe relatives of 19-year-old Clayton Westford, of 7 West La Penitence are pleading with members of the Guyana Police Force to conduct better investigations that would lead to the right perpetrators being arrested.According to Clifton Westford, his son was arrested early yesterday morning by heavily armed policemen wearing camouflage clothing and masks.Westford told this newspaper that the police came to his home around 1:00hrs Saturday. The man said that he was awakened by the sound of his neighbour’s fence collapsing along with his dogs barking.“I jump out of meh sleep after I hear how these dogs barking and de fence breaking, I done now that thief man ain’t gon mek all this noise,Wholesale Jerseys,” Westford said.He said that he hid behind his window and saw two men who were wearing camouflage clothing and black masks.The man said that he came downstairs.“After I come downstairs and open meh backdoor,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, they shouted that they were policemen so I went and open my gate because the dogs were giving them hell.”He said that after he opened the gate, six other heavily armed men in civilian clothing came rushing in and asked about his son.The fence in which the police gained access to the Westford’s home.The concerned father said that he managed to identify one of the officers, and enquired from that officer about the reason for the police barging into his home.He said that police told him that his son was wanted for questioning into the Ministry of Health fire.The man further explained to this newspaper that the police went to his son’s bedroom.“My son was sleeping and they pushing de big guns in his face to wake him up”. Westford said that after his son woke up, the police took him away and said that he would be detained for questioning at the Brickdam Police lockups.The man said that he puzzled as to why the police would want to arrest his son,Adidas Superstar Shoes On Sale, since the youth never had any brushes with the law.The father said that his son is gainfully employed at the Ministry of Finance.Both parents of the teen have expressed concern over their son’s safety since another suspect for the fire was severely beaten while in police custody.“I really don’t want nothing happen to Clayton like what they do to that boy (Troy Small) who they held. I done see what these police do to this man and I ain’t want they do de same thing to meh son”.Troy Small called “Cats” was another suspect whom the security forces had detained for questioning into the Ministry of Health fire. Small was arrested by men wearing military clothing. The man had claimed that on Sunday, last, he was abducted by ranks of the Guyana Defence Force. He also alleged that he was placed into a vehicle while half of his body hanging out of a car he was dragged for several miles from Mandela Avenue to Le Repentir Cemetery where he was beaten with a hammer. Small, the brutalized man, had told this newspaper that he begged for his life while he was being held captive by these men. The man also claimed that he was eventually taken to a house where he observed several men.“A man tell dem wha bring me, ‘Y’all gone gat fuh carry dis man to de station and tell dem dat he and two man had a fight’ and that is how I get these injuries,Cheap Nike Shox Shoes,” Small told this newspaper.He was eventually dumped at the Alberttown Police Station where he stayed until his eventual release.On Friday,Undefeated Air Max 97 White, Police Commissioner Henry Greene had told the media that four persons were arrested, while two have been released and five others are now wanted for questioning as “they may have information about who was responsible for the arson” that destroyed the $1B Ministry.Commissioner Greene said that his force is pursuing investigations vigorously. Emphatically stating that no wanted bulletins have been issued, the Commissioner said,cheap jerseys, all of those arrested may not be directly involved but we think they have some knowledge and can assist us with the investigation.Last week also the police were seeking the two well-known personalities these Archie Poole and Heston Bostwick to help with investigations. The latter subsequently went in to the police. He remained in custody up to late yesterday.Police ranks also did several searches in Albouystown yesterday and rounded up several people who ranks say may have knowledge of the origins of the fire.