Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2384
用戶失蹤天數 2088
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-24 15:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
–?? ?Cites numerous casesof? interior based cops acting unlawful?? President of the Guyana Women Miners Organization (GWMO), Simona Broomes,Wholesale NBA Jerseys China, yesterday challenged theGWMO’sSimona BroomesGuyana Police Force to bring “real hard” evidence to contradict her statements that the force is in the habit of sending rogue cops to operate at interior locations.Broomes made this challenge as she responded to a statement issued by the Guyana Police Force accusing her of being involved in a “distasteful strategy of telling lies” on the force for the sole purpose of appealing for resources.The force accused Broomes of this after she was quoted in the Kaieteur News saying that most of the police ranks who are sent to remote locations are those who were fingered in wrongdoings. She said that the force uses this as a form or punishment but not that it sends a shivering message to settlers and miners alike.She called on senior officers to desist from this ill-conceived practice. The force did not take Broomes’ comments too kindly and responded by calling her a liar.The well-known human rights advocate yesterday stated that she stands by her statement published in this newspaper.She said that while the force finds her statements objectionable,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, it should be more concerned about the numerous complaints being made against members of the force who work in the interior.Broomes said,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, “Last year during a visit to an interior location, a woman made an on-camera allegation naming a police officer who assaulted her. A letter detailing this assault was dispatched to the Commander of ‘F’ Division but as far as the GWMO is aware no proper investigation was done. We have received numerous complaints from sex workers and other women who allege constant abuse by police officers.”The nemesis of human trafficking further noted that as recent as last week, GWMO members returned from Mahdia where several complaints were made against the police. Another rank was named as orchestrating abuses meted out to women and girls.“We are aware that once a child is sexually active under the age of 16 it is rape. However, it does not seem to be the case in Mahdia as police officers are aware of numerous girls—some as young as 12—who are being used as sex workers and no one is being arrested.”Broomes added, “I am happy that in the release the force mentioned that I attended its 2014 Stakeholders Consultation Forum which I would only refer to as a ‘talk shop’. At that very forum I made a public offer to make a presentation to the force detailing our findings on its ranks working in the interior and revealing some of the allegations made against officer.“Acting Commissioner Seelall Persaud promised that he would have contacted me on the offer but to date no such contact has been made.”The GWMO President said that the training of police officers in the area of trafficking in persons is grossly lacking. It is evident in interaction with the investigating officers she dealt with when representing victims.Broomes pointed to the fact that Guyana witnessed the conviction of a police officer for human trafficking and said that another is before the court for having sex with an underage girl.She added,Wholesale Jerseys, “Following the unfortunate deaths of Constable Leadon Aaron, 25, and Constable Marlon Letlow,WBC Jerseys 2017, 27 who were stationed at the Kato Police Station in 2012,Cheap Jerseys Store, there were several allegations that these two officers had exhibited rogue behavior before being banished to the interior where they allegedly continued their actions resulting in their untimely deaths.”Broomes said that as President of the GWMO, she and her members are often out in the fields and do not rely on secondhand information.She said that the GWMO never kept the information to itself. “Since returning from Mahdia last week I have already contacted Assistant Commissioner David Ramnarine who has advised that a letter be written to Commissioner Persaud detailing our findings.”Broomes said that GWMO is not in the business of lying “more so, on the police force with whom we have been attempting to build a relationship for the past three years. While the force accuses me of lying, it is this very organisation that had issued a public press release stating that it has evidence and a witness confirming that I had assaulted then human trafficking accused Ann Marie Carter.“However, even with all the evidence and witness no charges were ever laid. I ask, who has a history of lying?”