yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2427
用戶失蹤天數 2103
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-26 21:25 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Fareeza Haniff and Leonard GildarieOne man is dead and another is seriously injured after a bridge linking New Providence to Mocha, on the East Bank of Demerara, collapsed yesterday as the cement truck in which the men were travelling was crossing it.The truck, which was transporting cement for a resident in the area, was attached to Ready Mix and Quarries of Toolsie Persaud Ltd. It flipped into the trench and pinned the men.Dead is the driver of the truck, Ramesh Ramrattan, 44, also known as ‘Fenton,’ of 38 Church Street, Friendship,Cheap Jerseys Online, East Bank Demerara.In a serious condition at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) is Imran Hassan, 26, a porter of the company and of 80 BB, Eccles, East Bank Demerara.The accident occurred at approximately 10:30hrs yesterday, and the men were pinned for two hours under the truck.Ramrattan died while waiting to be pulled out of the vehicle; and, according to Imran Hassan’s father, Naseer Hassan, his son managed to survive because he tried to jump out of the truck when the bridge collapsed.Speaking with this newspaper, the injured Imran Hassan said that at first he was hesitant to jump from the vehicle when it began to topple.“I don’t know to swim and I see that I had to jump in a trench, but ah mek up meh mind and jump.”Hassan, who endured some two hours of excruciating pain, called his sister while he was trapped inside the vehicle and informed her of the accident.This newspaper learnt that Hassan begged for his father to go to the scene. “If I gat to dead, at least ah want meh father with me.”The skin on Hassan’s right arm was burnt when one of the rescuers used a cutting torch to free him from the wrecked cab. They had to cut many parts of the vehicle, including the door under which Imran lay.At the hospital yesterday, Hassan was practically begging the doctors to amputate his feet, because of the excruciating pain he was experiencing.Kaieteur News understands that both his feet were pinned against the exhaust of the vehicle.His father, Naseer, explained that he suffers from a heart condition and he was thankful that his heart did not give out while he was assisting his son.He explained that,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, just before the rescuers managed to pull the young man free, there was an instance when he was held under the truck by a piece of his pants that was snagged on to something.“Every time they pulled,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, something holding he back, and nobody wanted to go under the truck to see what was holding him back.”The truck, at the time, was partially suspended by a chain attached to a front end loader which was attempting to lift the truck.“I say is me son, and if I got to dead with he that gun have to happen; so I go under and managed to free him, and when they pull he come out.”The release of the injured Imran set off cheers from the large crowd that had gathered at the wrecked bridge as soon as the truck toppled and the bridge collapsed.When the incident occurred, scores of residents rushed to the scene and set about trying to free the unfortunate men.News soon spread that one of the men was alive, and it was on him that the people focused their attention. They suspected that the driver of the vehicle, Ramrattan, had succumbed.Personnel from the Ministry of Public Works arrived on the scene,David Njoku Jersey, and had to cut one of the doors before they proceeded to cut the chassis.It was also explained that a representative from Toolsie Persaud Limited turned up at the scene and was not in agreement with the decision to destroy the truck; but after some of the residents threatened to beat him, he immediately changed his mind.The incident occurred at just about 10:30 hours, and the men were pulled out from the vehicle at precisely 12:30 hrs.An ambulance, which was on standby, immediately rushed the badly injured Hassan to the GPHC.At the home of Ramrattan yesterday, his family and friends were in shock at his demise.Although the accident occurred mid-morning, his family and relatives were made aware of it only at around 14:30hrs yesterday, four hours later.Crying hysterically, the man’s eldest daughter, 16-year-old Aneisa Ramrattan, said that she was at lessons when her mother went to collect her and informed her that her father had an accident and was at the hospital. The teen said that her mother didn’t know that her father was already dead.According to the girl,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, her mother, Vidya Ramrattan, had told her father not to go to work that morning because she had a feeling that something ‘bad’ would have happened and she has been having some uncomfortable dreams the last few days.The girl noted that her