Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2413
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-5 09:34 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Parking is no longer allowed in the area in front of Hotel Tower, and investor James Manbahal worries that this could affect support on club nights at the popular Edge Lounge.– Police say move facilitates smooth traffic flowNew York-based Guyanese investor,China Jerseys Cheap, James Manbahal,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, is baffled by a move by the Traffic Department to now designate the eastern side of the Main Street carriageway outside the Hotel Tower as a “No Parking” zone, but Traffic Chief Neil Semple says the move is intended to facilitate the smooth flow of traffic.Manbahal is part of an investment group that bought over Hotel Tower and set about an extensive renovation programme. Manbahal told Kaieteur News that he has so far invested US$5.5 million and another US$2 million is needed for further renovations.The now prohibited parking area outside the hotel has been historically used for that purpose, but now Manbahal is complaining that vehicles of both customers and staff are being towed away. “Even the yellow cab taxi service operated by the Hotel, which was parked off the road, can no longer do so,” Manbahal said.The investor is particularly worried about the impact this new development would have on the entertainment services offered by the Hotel,Cheap Jerseys China, including the now popular “Edge Lounge” and club. The entertainment facilities have been extremely popular since being opened a few months ago. Manbahal said that the problem is an issue especially on club nights, which are Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.“I am trying to promote tourism and create a nightlife; I am in nobody’s way,” Manbahal argued.He said that it was only last October when the PPP celebrated its anniversary in New York that he was commended by President Jagdeo for the investment in Hotel Tower.“They come here (United States) and preach to us to go back home and invest, so I don’t’ understand what is happening,” told Kaieteur News via telephone.“If other locations on Main Street were also designated “No Parking” areas, then I could understand the logic,China NBA Jerseys, but since it is just Hotel Tower, I could only conclude that it is a case of discrimination. I pay my taxes,Cheap Jerseys, I pay my VAT. Why am I only being discriminated against?” Manbahal stated emphatically.In an invited comment, the Traffic Chief said that his department has received several complaints about the fact that taxis and vehicles parked on the left side of the road have been impeding the smooth flow of traffic.As a result, he said the decision to place a “No Parking” sign outside the Hotel is in the interest of regulating traffic, given that there is a traffic light just a short distance away.The Traffic Chief disclosed that his department was moving to correct the same problems at other locations in the city,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, including other sections of Main Street. He disagreed that the move to place the “No Parking” sign outside Hotel Tower would disrupt business saying that patrons are free to park on the other side of the carriageway. Regarding the towing away of vehicles, the Traffic Chief said that this will be carried out if they are badly parked.