yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2442
用戶失蹤天數 2119
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 07:33 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Tonight is the night that Guyana will see the return of the master of Lovers’ Rock, Beres Hammond for the mega concert being billed as the “More Beres” experience.The concert is set to happen at the Providence National Stadium,Discount NFL Jerseys, from 20:00hours with tickets going at $3,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys,000 and $16,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys,000 for regular and VIP respectively.Patrons wishing to purchase their tickets at the door will be expected to pay $4000 for regular and $20,000 for VIP.Also sharing the stage with Hammond is rising Jamaican reggae star Romain Virgo, popular for his hit record “Mi Caan Sleep” along with several hits including “Wanna Go Home”, “Live Mi Life” and “Alton’s Medley”.The concert will be blending the mature sounds of Hammond with the contemporary style of Virgo.Promoters of the concert,NFL Jerseys China Online, McNeil Enterprise and Hits and Jams,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, related yesterday that the concert will serve as a “bridge between the young and old music lovers” as both artistes have been proven to have wide audience appeal.Yesterday at the media meet up, the young Virgo remarked that it will be a privilege for him to share the stage with such a musical legend.This will be Virgo’s first appearance on the Guyanese stage while Hammond is a household name,Cheap NFL Jerseys, not only here but throughout the Caribbean and the rest of the world. Hammond has had massive crossover appeal with sensational hits such as “I Feel Good”, “No Disturb Sign”, “Rock Away” among many memorable others.In addition to the Jamaican duo, local artistes, Mingles Sound Machine, Jackie Hanover and Super Ray will be making appearances at the Stadium.Tonight’s concert is set to be an enchanting and electrifying experience for lovers of the soulfully romantic voice of Beres Hammond and his music.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 2119
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 07:33 
Remembering my motherToday is a special day for many of us. It is the day we pay tribute to the woman who brought us into this world, who wiped our noses, who minded us when we got ill and who helped us to become the people we are.Mavis HoadesMy mother, Mavis Agatha Hoades, was a remarkable woman back then and she still is. To see her and to be with her would make you doubt that she is as old as she is. She walked more miles that people one-third her age.I walked with her from Den Amstel to Vreed-en-Hoop on many occasions because we did not have the train fare and certainly, no money to pay the hire cars. When I wrote what was then Common Entrance way back in 1960, my mother walked with me to Vreed-en-Hoop, a distance of seven miles to the examination centre.At moments like these I remember her although back then I thought of her as a tyrant. She is not difficult to maintain and I wish she could live out the rest of her years with me but she prefers to live with her daughters. Rather that feeling jealous, I love her even more.As a parent I know what I put her through and while she might have disliked me for some brief moments I know that she still loves me. I would look at her today and we would talk about my growing up. She would look at me and at times I would get the impression that she is at times awed by her eldest child, me. But that feeling of awe disappears in a jiffy.I am among the lucky few who at 64 years of age still have my mother. That is why today I am going to talk with her by phone regardless of the cost; I am going to love her more and I am going to apologise to her for all the wrongs I did her.Today, nothing is too good for her.(Editor-in-Chief, Adam Harris)?I believe I am my mother’s favourite childAlthough my mother is almost at the biblical lifespan of three score and ten, I can hardly think about life without her. You see, my mother has also been my father for the past 29 years and her indomitable spirit has left a distinct mark on my life.It’s hard to condense what my mother means to me in the little space I have.Mrs. Norma AndrewsForget the nine months, the breast feeding, the cleaning of one’s mess, and all the other obvious things that mothers do; my mother sometimes thinks that this grown man is still her responsibility.I guess you can say that that’s a mother’s love-but that’s my mother’s love.There are four of us and while all mothers like to say they have no favourite,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, I like to think that I’m her favourite.She never petted me though. The wooden broom, a cup of hot water and even wiri wiri pepper were my mother’s assistants whenever I stepped out of line, which me and my brother did a lot.For me, every day is Mother’s Day; my colleagues at the work place could tell you that if I cannot see her whenever she is in Guyana, a day does not go by without me and my mother exchanging telephone calls.We both suffer from high blood pressure and our conversation would normally go like this- “Dale,Wholesale Jerseys, how’s the pressure?” “It’s okay mom.” “Did you take your tablets?” “Yes mommy, what about you?” “Boy, pain, my whole body in pain.” “Mom, you need to move around more.”-then it would be on to other things like my children and work.How she loves what I do. I guess she’s one proud mother-she even bought me a “special” pen that really sets me apart from some of my colleagues.I lost my father when I was 14 years old, at a time when I was preparing to write my O’Level examinations.My mother, a normal hardworking public servant, ensured that she scraped the money to enable me (and later on my two sisters) to sit the examinations. Of course we did not disappoint.Every day I thank God for my mother, having almost lost her on two occasions, one of which I can vividly recall.It was almost 20 years ago. I was a working man and my mother was still washing my clothes.One Saturday morning, I woke up and went downstairs where she was engaged with her weekly laundry. She said something to me and I realized that her speech was slurred. I immediately grabbed her away from the washing and maybe it was in the nick of time for there and then she collapsed–she had suffered a stroke for which she spent a few weeks recovering in hospital. That was the last time she did my laundry.Thank God she has lived to this day. I have not always been a good son to her but she continues to be a great mother to me and even my children.If you ask me what gift I am getting her today-that’s simple-my undying love- for there is nothing in this world that I can buy for my mom that would compensate for the mother she has been to me.(Dale Andrews)Nurtured by a superwomanAs a boy given to wild flights of fantasy, I often imagined her as being some sort of female super-hero with martial arts skills and a Buddhist monk’s serenity.? I even gave her a super-hero’s name.I guess that is beca

無頭像
Peujxp8f

帖子 2067
註冊 2018-2-24
用戶註冊天數 2277
用戶失蹤天數 2147
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 08:10 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
無頭像
Peujxp8f

帖子 2067
註冊 2018-2-24
用戶註冊天數 2277
用戶失蹤天數 2147
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 09:31 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2429
用戶失蹤天數 1905
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 10:48 
The name Christopher Ram has arguably evolved into a household name for many in Guyana. There canChristopher Rambe no doubt that the name has featured in many of the high profile happenings in Guyana throughout 2011. While the person himself can be deemed controversial, the controversy that surrounded him from January to December 2011 brought about a positiveness that many will not dispute.It was not that he was anti-administration but Ram brought dynamism to the issues that he sought to raise either through his personal activism or via the newspapers columns and television programmes.His background in accounts and finance, coupled with his relatively newly acquired legal prowess, placed him in a unique position to fearlessly highlight some of the shortcomings of the administration that might have otherwise gone unnoticed.Unfortunately for Ram,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, while his sojourns into the exposure of financial and economic irregularities were of much benefit to the nation as a whole, it incurred the wrath of those who benefitted from the skullduggery that were perpetrated on this nation.Christopher Ram is a founding member of one of Guyana’s leading accounting firms, Ram and Mc Rae, which recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. He subsequently embarked on a career in law, which is seeing him playing a leading role as an attorney for one of the defendants in the famous libel case brought by Former President Bharat Jagdeo against the Kaieteur News and its columnist Freddie Kissoon.Ram also challenged the Jagdeo administration’s handling of the Lotto Funds,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, which has been a source of much controversy over the years, coupled with the questions he raised in relation to the Former Presidents’ benefits.His raising of awareness on the latter issue has been a major campaign grouse during the recently held general elections.That’s not all–Ram, apart from being a part-time lecturer at the University of Guyana in the area of Company Law and Corporate Finance,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Outlet, somehow finds the time to volunteer his services as a legal aid assistant and has been doing a lot of work on the Essequibo Coast.This mountain of a man somehow manages at the same time to serve as President of the Guyana Lawn Tennis Association, and was instrumental in establishing terms limits for the head of the organization.The organization is the first sporting body in Guyana to have term limits.Over the years Guyanese newspaper readers as well as those on the internet have grown accustomed to and look forward to one of the longest running financial columns which is written by Ram and carried in the business pages of the Stabroek News.These columns were a source of much information with the in depth analysis and pointed facts that those who were exposed shivered while reading them.So too is the impact of Ram’s ‘Plain Talk’, a television programme aired every Sunday afternoon in which he highlights issues of interest to the public.His style of questioning on the programme and the quality of his guests are the envy of many who are officially trained in media techniques.So hard hitting and topical are his methods that his attempt at another controversial television programme with Ramon Gaskin,? ‘Keeping them Honest’ angered the administration so much that it was forced off the airwaves.Closer to his main area of expertise, Ram was instrumental in the establishment of a Guyana arm of Transparency International- Transparency Institute Guyana Inc.-with the aim of zeroing on the high incidence of corruption that was exposed in Guyana in 2011.The idea to establish the local transparency institute was born after Ram, in company with Bernard Crawford, attended a regional meeting of Transparency International in Trinidad and Tobago.In this area,jerseys cheap nfl, Ram dealt with several issues, namely the Berbice River Bridge, the Amaila Falls and the Amaila Falls Road Project.Ram was one of the attorneys who challenged the award of the Amaila Falls contract by NICIL to Fip Motilall.He wrote extensively on the licence given to Motilall and the 10 extensions given to him in apparent breach of the Hydroelectricity Act.Ram’s pet concern throughout 2011 was the devaluation of the Audit Office by the placing at the head of the agency, a person who he argued was not professionally qualified for the job, the wife of the Minister of Finance.This fearless Guyanese also exposed the inadequacy of the Public Accounts Committee over its failure to treat more decisively with the audit office.And as if that was not enough, Ram in 2011, chaired the Commission for the Defence of Human Rights and Free and Fair Elections.This was an ad hoc Commission that was established following the suspension of the licence of

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 2119
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 15:54 
Colombia (Reuters) – Guyana is expecting to begin exporting theGeologist, Dr. Grantley Walrond,Cheap Jerseys From China, makes a point during a recent tour of the Matthews Ridge facility where manganese mining is to resume.steel-making component manganese next year for the first time in nearly 50 years,Jerseys China Wholesale, President Donald Ramotar said on Sunday.Guyana, which wants to make the mining sector a bigger part of its economy, gave junior miner Reunion Gold Corporation a licence two years ago to explore and develop an area in the north-western part of the country.“Guyana used to be an exporter of manganese, in the ’60s,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, but at that time the technology wasn’t very well developed,” Ramotar told Reuters in Cartagena, Colombia, where he is attending the Summit of the Americas.“It has become viable again. Next year the company will start commercial operations and will begin exporting around the same time,” said Ramotar, whose election in late 2011 extended the ruling PPP/C party’s almost two-decades in power.Guyana is seeking to spur economic development through investment in mining operations that can create jobs, build infrastructure and reduce illegal gold mining that is linked to violence in some rural areas.JOB CREATIONReunion’s manganese subsidiary is developing an area near an abandoned mine at Matthew’s Ridge that was operated in the 1960s until it stopped being profitable.“There are a lot of benefits. There is the opportunity to collect a lot of taxes there,Jerseys NFL Cheap, and it will create jobs for people in the region,” the president said.Reunion plans to build two roads in association with the project which he said is crucial for a country that has large stretches of isolated jungle,? often linked to cities by little more than dirt or mud paths.“The mining sector has huge potential. We also have agreed on some projects for large-scale production of gold,” said Ramotar, who made the expansion of the mining industry a key part of his election campaign.Guyanese officials said last year that mining investments include a $1 billion gold project to be developed by Guyana Goldfields and an agreement with First Bauxite Corporation to develop the Bonasika mine.The country has also invited Spanish oil company,Wholesale China Jerseys, Repsol, and Canada-based CGX Energy to drill off its coast, which could provide a source of crude for a country that relies on imports for fuel.“We expect information in about a month’s time as to whether or not there has been a discovery,” Ramotar said.CGX said in February,Nike Vapormax Plus Sunset, that it started drilling for oil for the first time since it was forced out of the area in a dispute with neighbouring Suriname in 2000.Guyana also has a long-standing border dispute with its larger neighbour, Venezuela, which has complicated efforts to explore for oil and gas off its western coast.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 2119
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 20:22 
– despite La Nina conditions earlier this yearGuyana on Friday achieved its highest ever first crop target in the rice industry,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, despite heavy rains earlier this year, the Ministry of Agriculture says.According to Minister of Agriculture,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, Robert Persaud,China Jerseys NFL Wholesale, figures from the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB) has shown that rice production for the first crop (spring crop) was 202,077 metric tonnes (mt). This is equivalent to 4,894,270 bags paddy… surpassing the highest first crop of 1999 which stood at 189,565mt of rice or 4,689,138 bags of paddy.Guyana’s highest annual rice production ever was in 1999 with a production of 365,Cheap Jerseys 2018,469mt; followed by 2010 with 361,527mt. With a bumper first crop of this year it is anticipated that the annual production for 2011 will surpass all the previous years’ production. The target for this year is approximately 400,000 mt,Wholesale Baseball Jerseys, which again will be the highest ever, the Ministry said.Heavy rains had threatened more than 20,000 acres of rice but losses were minimized. The Agriculture Minister attributed the increase in production to the investments made in the drainage and irrigation sector, rice research and the resilience of farmers and other stakeholders within the rice industry.The industry has been attempting to find new markets as production rose significantly over the past few years after a slump.Recently,Cheap World Cup Jerseys, in the fourth one of its kind, Guyana signed a major US$40M-plus agreement with neighbouring Venezuela to supply that country with rice and paddy.Several other markets including Colombia, is being explored while existing ones in Trinidad and Jamaica are being expanded.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 2119
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 22:45 
The Guyana Prison Service Women’s League ushered in its first anniversary on April 10, with a simple church service, followed by a week of activities.Early yesterday morning,Wholesale China Jerseys, around 06:00 hrs, eight members of the group along with some prisoners ventured along the streets in proximity to the Camp Street and Brickdam intersection, to participate in a “clean-up campaign” which entailed the weeding of heavy overgrowth and grass, cleaning of drains and removal of garbage.The scheduled week of activities is primarily focused on community service.Chairperson of the entity,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Anne Thomas,Cheap Jerseys, told this newspaper that the clean-up campaign started at the Brickdam Secondary School,Cheap NFL Jerseys, where the members who participated “worked around the area in a circular motion” to ensure that the entire surroundings was catered for.Also there was a lecture on cancer awareness yesterday afternoon at the Georgetown Prison Conference Room.Thomas stated that the League was formed in 2010 to “bring a state of togetherness among women,Sale NFL Jerseys, all female officers of the service” where almost 70 members were recorded in a one-year span.Kaieteur News understands that the group usually receives its finances from fund-raising activities and sometimes would ask selected persons for donations.Today,Wholesale China Jerseys, the group is expected to host a cake sale at the Georgetown Prison Sports Club, commencing from 08:00hrs and tomorrow, a fitness walk will be held at Timehri, East Bank Demerara, which will be followed by “Members Appreciation Afternoon” at the said location.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2442
用戶失蹤天數 2119
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 22:46 
“You take this job to help suffering humanity and you have to do it with conviction. Today, you can see there are good nurses, but things are so different—some are not so disciplined. Put yourself in the patient’s shoe…imagine what they’re going through… and you will be well on your way to becoming a good nurse.”By Leon SuseranAdministering to the sick isn’t an easy job; not everyone is ‘cut out’ for such a task. Numerous nurses have graced Guyana’s health system, but it is the good ones who really make a difference; who provide pleasant memories over the years, and who can look back and honestly tell themselves that they have done what was required of them.Jeanette CrandonJeanette Crandon, popularly called ‘Nurse Crandon’ in Berbice, is one of those persons whose story is as simple as it gets: she left teaching after three years to pursue her real love in life—nursing. But she was dealt a severe blow at the tender age of 6 when her mother passed away, leaving her eldest brother, George Balram, to shoulder the responsibility for the rest of the 10 siblings.? Sadly, too, her father passed away some time later.“My brother filled that gap and was very loving and caring…and he always emphasized that we must have education, because he came out of school just to take care of us”.Alness,Wholesale Jerseys China, a predominantly farming area, once owned by the Dutch, produced a number of outstanding Berbicians including the Crawfords as well as politician Paul Tennessee. Jeanette recalled during childhood days some fond memories including doing household chores and having to cook very early. She remembered fishing as well with friends in the village.Young Jeanette attended the St. Marks Anglican (All-Age) School where she wrote the College of Preceptors (CP) as well as General Certificate of Education (GCE) Exams. Afterwards, she began teaching in 1965 at that same school.“I did not like much teaching, so I applied to do nursing and those were the times when you had to wait a good time—many names on the waiting list—and then you were given employment”, she recalled.Additionally, those were the days when the Ministry of Health sent persons into the applicant’s community to do background checks, and Crandon remembered Senior [Nursing] Tutor, Mr. Samaroo, in her community asking the neighbours questions about her and inquiring about her behaviour,NHL Jerseys From China, etc.She commenced studies in earnest on February 1, 1971, as a student nurse at the old New Amsterdam Hospital.LIFE AS A NURSEShe graduated in 1974 as a Registered Nurse after which she worked at a number of health facilities including Skeldon, Mibicuri, Port Mourant, New Amsterdam (N/A) and the National Psychiatric Hospital (NPH), as well as centres at Black Bush and Bush Lot.“It was kind of hard being away from home for long periods, since I was stationed way from home, but I did visit home during my off-duty and holiday periods.”Nurse Crandon receiving blood pressure apparatus from a donor at the Skeldon Hospital in 1987.In 1986, Jeanette was promoted to Ward Sister at the N/A Hospital. She held other posts such as Acting Junior Departmental Sister (JDS) as well as Acting Senior Departmental Sister (SDS), Matron 1 and Acting Matron at the NPH. She retired as a Ward Sister in 2003.But Nurse Crandon’s longest stint—20 years to be exact—was working in the Operating Theatre at the New Amsterdam Hospital.She noted how she was the closest assistant to the doctors in that operation room and demonstrated her best skills as a nurse in that location.“You are there and are able to correct them sometimes when they make mistakes… because remember they are under tension and they feel good and they compliment you.”Nurse Crandon recalled one day when she was forced to remind a doctor, who had apparently forgotten, to suture a patient.“I told him and I held on to what I said and eventually when he opened back [the wound] he found that he hadn’t done it. In the theatre, you have to be very,wholesale jerseys, very observant and be honest to yourself—honesty is the best policy. As a nurse,Adidas NHL Jerseys China, you have to be confidential. And when you meet a person for the first time, the way you greet them, would make their life well, because they will build trust not only in you, but in other nurses.”“When you take care of someone—you feed them and give them all the basic human needs, and they are back on their feet—that makes you feel good, and feel so happy that you can jump for joy, not like now, that people go to the hospital and nobody cares for them.”Nurse Crandon remembered herself, as well as other nurses, being closely monitored by their superiors and corrected on the spot if mistakes were made, unlike what she claims obtains today.“A