hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2427
用戶失蹤天數 1903
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 11:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…bus drivers feel the squeezeThe Government provided ‘smooth’ rides yesterday and after years of neglect the New Amsterdam Stelling saw a ‘burst of life’ again. At the centre is the recently implemented Water Taxi Service introduced to cushion the cost of traveling across the Berbice River.There were smiles from students, nurses, pensioners and other persons who chose to utilize the service.? Service began from 6:00 hours; there were eight trips by each boat within a period of two hours.The two contracted boats for the day namely ‘Nicolas’ and ‘Shanti’, can both seat 35. The boats were all equipped with safety gear to make the rides safe.A Second Year Student of the New Amsterdam Technical Institute stated that the service is extremely fast, “I didn’t expect to reach over here so early, it was better than the one before.It’s faster,Discount NFL Jerseys, it’s a better way; you can catch your rest and you don’t have to worry about waking up early. If you will miss the boat, it got two boats. As one go over the other one is there.”Other commuters gave ‘thumbs up’ as they exited the boats one by one. Most, if not all said that they were happy with the service provided.One of the Engineers attached to the Transport and Harbours Department, Mr. Galloway,China Cheap Jerseys, noted that the service ran smooth from the first trip “Everything seems to be going ok.At least, when we asked some passengers just now they said they were happy about it.“You will find that there will be a rush during the morning hours from Rosignal and then you will find another rush later in the afternoon around 3:00. I am happy with the service and I am hoping that it will continue even after the month is up”.The staff of the Transport and Harbours Department was quite engaged in the morning running making sure that all was smooth for the day. Basil Balram captain of the boat,? ‘Nicolas’, who has been working the Vreed-en-Hoop – Georgetown boat service for years stated that the two boats were selected after no other boats offered to be a part of the service.According to Captain Balram,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, “As soon as one boat moves off the other one comes in,NHL Jerseys From China, so it is fast and we don’t wait for the boats to fill. “There were no hiccups during the trips.The Captain disclosed that the deal was that the Government would pay them $15,000 per trip. When asked if it was feasible his response; “Yeah man it will work out; we have to see how it run”.Other commuters using the Boat Service were to buy a ticket stub from the ticket office located at the Stelling for $140 which was welcomed by many as well.Minibus drivers working Route 56 who would usually pick up passengers from Rosignol and take them straight to their destination were quite annoyed.One bus driver Mr. Smartt stated,Authentic Adidas Hockey Jerseys China, “We feel that it will affect us but seeing that it was the first day I can’t make a definite judgment on how it will affect me.”Persaud, another bus driver,Jerseys From China, stated that it is affecting him greatly, “Berbice here don’t have enough commuters travelling to New Amsterdam so it must affect the bus service which is already here set in place when the bridge was built; it must affect us on a daily basis”.The persons using the boat service were quite satisfied.They are hopeful that it will continue even after the month is up. On the other hand the No. 56 route bus drivers are hoping that it does not take away ‘bread from their mouths’.