hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2425
用戶失蹤天數 1901
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-12 05:59 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Magistrate Yohhahnseh Cave has stated that the Director of Public Prosecutions has no supervisory role in what is an exclusive judicial function of the court with regards to the granting of adjournments.The magistrate made the statement at the recommencement of the Preliminary Inquiry into the murders of Agriculture Minister Satydeow Sawh and three others at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court yesterday.He was referring to statements made by the DPP, Mrs Shalimar Ali-Hack, in response to his previously expressed concern over what he described as her attempt to influence the decision of the court.The Magistrate had accused the DPP of telephoning him to seek to have him reconvene the Preliminary Inquiry to facilitate the testimony of the Minister’s brother Omprakash Sawh, after he had adjourned the matter to a date which was not convenient to the witness.The witness has since left the jurisdiction and returned to his home in the United Kingdom in the midst of his cross-examination.The DPP had insisted that she did not interfere in the matter and that her intervention was within the confines of the law.“When the Director of Public Prosecutions intervenes in a criminal matter, the Director of Public Prosecutions is carrying out the constitutional function which the Director of Public Prosecutions is appointed to do. The Director of Public Prosecutions is therefore acting lawfully,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap,” she said in her letter to this newspaperHowever, the Magistrate said in a statement which was read in open court that the DPP’s only intervention in this regard is to apply for an adjournment or to oppose an application for one, which she must properly do in open court, and not by way of private and improper solicitation.The Magistrate said that he would have preferred to have ventilated the issue at the end of the Preliminary Inquiry on the understanding that they did pose a risk of distraction during the time when he was making strenuous efforts to complete this matter.But, according to Magistrate Cave, recent statements attributed to the Director of Public Prosecutions in this newspaper last Sunday have changed his original disposition in dealing with the issue, and have compelled him to deal with it now, since it is his considered view that there is immediate and considerable danger in failing to correct what he called grave distortions contained in many of the assertions attributed to the DPP, which have now become part of the public record.“This issue would not have arisen,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys 2018, in my view, had the Director of Public Prosecutions not made an improper attempt to influence this court’s decision on the issue of its adjournment of this matter… by means of a private telephone call. On that occasion I was handed a cell phone by the Police Prosecutor then assigned to this matter in Chambers who declared that the DPP, Ms Ali-Hack, wanted to speak to me.”According to Cave, on answering the telephone call, the DPP indicated that she was calling him regarding the witness Omprakash Sawh, a witness who she declared was scheduled to leave the country on the following day.He said that he indicated then to the DPP that he was already aware of the witness’ travel arrangements since they had been discussed in open court, but he had informed the witness that he had to change his travel plans in order to accommodate the adjournment of the matter, since the attorney could not be available on account of having to attend another Court in Essequibo, and had not yet completed his cross-examination.“She declared that she had been informed that the witness had already positively identified the accused, and there was no requirement to have the attorney present for the matter to continue. I indicated to the DPP at that time that it would be improper for me to bring the date of the matter forward, having already adjourned it in the presence of both parties,” the Magistrate explained.Further, he indicated to the DPP that, while he agreed that there was no requirement for the attorney to be present at a Preliminary Inquiry, this situation was wholly different in that the accused was in this case represented by counsel,Supply NFL Jerseys, and the court had a legal obligation to allow the attorney a fair opportunity to present himself to court for the purpose of representing his client.The court, having given the attorney an undertaking that the matter was adjourned to a later date, could not thereafter drag his client before the court the following day to continue the matter in the attorney’s absence, the magistrate declared.He said that the Director of Public Prosecutions’ tone became angry at that stage.“The DPP has wholly, and in my view dishonestly, misrepresented the content of that conversation, and suggested that I made statements during the cou