hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-14 04:31 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“To my utter shame and regret I voted for it, because I was required to do so as a PPP MP.”The tension between the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) and its former Executive Member Moses Nagamootoo seems to be escalating, with barbs being flung back and forth.Nagamootoo fired back at his critics during a recent Alliance For Change press briefing, but in sticking to his decorum said that he would not seek to link any specific leader in the party to a particular allegation he has made against them but rather, “all are involved, all are consumed.”He had only minutes before told media operatives that the decision he made to leave the PPP/C was one that did not happen overnight,cheap jerseys, and commenting on one of the issues that has been making its rounds in the campaign,Cheap Jerseys From China, Nagamootoo said that President Jagdeo’s pension plan had rattled his soul when he first addressed his mind to it.Nagamootoo sought to express his position further when he said “but to my utter shame and regret I voted for it, because I was required to do so as a PPP MP.”He said that when he forged an allegiance with the AFC he was exercising, as an independent citizen,Cheap Jerseys Online, his constitutional and democratic right to choose with whom to associate.AFC member Moses Nagamootoo“I had wanted to leave the PPP since 1998, when the process to destroy the party’s internal democracy had started. I didn’t do so then…I again wanted to resign between 2004 and 2006 when the leadership refused to investigate many of my complaints, including allegations of corruption,NFL Jerseys From China, fraud at the Wildlife Department, illegal export of bottle-nose dolphins, phantom squad,” charged Nagamootoo.“I became totally disgusted at the shameful greed of some of the leaders, who turned the state into a real estate agency and were helping themselves and their friends to prime properties, and were interested in globe-trotting and extravagance,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, whilst sugar workers, public servants and old people were living on starvation wages and pensions.”To this end Nagamootoo said “One example suffices here…When I first saw the proposal, I had said that the “president’s pension plan” – in excess of thirty-six million dollars ( $36,000,000) annually – rattled my soul, but to my utter shame and regret I voted for it,China Jerseys For Sale, because I was required to do so as a PPP MP.”Office of the President had refuted claims by the AFC that the president’s pension plan amounts to roughly $3M monthly, but they have argued that if OP denies this position then it should present its calculations.Nagamootoo also told media operatives that he had indicated that they (PPP members) were moving away from Cheddi Jagan and Ho Chi Ming’s principles of “revolutionary morality”, and that “we were becoming greedy and corrupt…No one in the leadership supported me.”Nagamootoo says too that he had taken a stand on the issues before the scandal broke, and leaders’ names appeared in diplomatic cables to the United States Government on allegations of corruption and criminality.“So, resigning from the PPP, was a burden that I have eventually shed, and I have felt relieved and at peace with myself since.”The former PPP/C Executive member says that he has embraced the AFC with sincerety and passion.“In it I have seen Guyana’s future…Here, in this AFC Family, are young leaders who have honest vision and serious ideas for Guyana’s development and progress.”

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-14 05:10 
Studies have shown that globally, every 30 seconds, a lower limb is lost to diabetes, beginning with a foot ulcer, and that up to 90 per cent of lower extremity amputations are diabetes-related. In addition, statistics show that a person with diabetes has a 15-25 per cent lifetime risk of developing diabetic foot ulcers, and a 50 to 70 per cent recurrence rate.? This means that even if the ulcer heals in the first place, it can be expected to surface again.Staff of the Diabetic Foot Clinic from left: Joanne Blenman, Kamila Atherley Ross, Dr. Kumar Sukhraj, Head of the DFC, Amanda La Rose, Sophie Ranglall and Shanaz KhanNotably, Guyana’s growing population is not excluded from these figures,Stitched NFL Jerseys, hence after a year of planning and attempts at accessing, in February 2008, the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) was awarded a $97,460 grant from the Canadian-Caribbean Cooperation Fund, as the Canadian government’s contribution to $150,000 towards the setting up of the Diabetic Foot Clinic (DFC).The Diabetic Foot Clinic officially opened its doors to the public in July 2008. Located in the main building of the GPHC, the DFC has been offering comprehensive care for diabetic patients with its primary focus on foot care.Dr. Kumar Sukhraj currently sits at the helm of this small, yet effective facility.One may ask since diabetes is a disease that affects the entire body why so much emphasis is placed on foot care. Hence it must be noted that Diabetic patients suffer mainly from Peripheral vascular disease, (The term peripheral vascular disease is commonly used to refer to peripheral artery disease (PAD), meaning narrowing or occlusion by atherosclerotic plaques of arteries outside of the heart and brain.)In most cases the arteries going to the lower extremities become smaller and smaller, thus decreasing blood flow and causing damage to the nerve so a patient eventually can lose feelings in their feet. This then makes it easy for an injury or wound to the feet to become unnoticeable. Because that injury or wound may not be detected in its early stage, infections may follow, which eventually lead to amputation.Dr. Sukhraj said from its inception the main aim of the clinic was to reduce the percentage of amputation due to ulcers on the feet of diabetic patients. Remarkably, within the first year of its establishment, the DFC was able to do so by 43 percent.He explained that at the clinic there is a holistic approach which is used to treat diabetic patients so as to avoid amputation. Amputation is a last resort, since it is not always for a person to accept and adjust to a life without a limb, mainly a foot.The DFC has a multi-disciplinary approach to treat their patients and each staffer at the clinic is specialized and has acquired the requisite training in a specified area.Dr. Sukhraj attending to one of his patients.Firstly, when a patient visits the clinic, which in many cases is as a result of a referral from their district hospital, the DFC staff must first seek to get the diabetes under control. Dr. Sukhraj explained that this aids in the fast healing of a wound or ulcer.Secondly, once a wound or ulcer has been found, in spite of its size, immediate care must be given and checks are routinely made for possible infection. Wound care and cleaning and dressing of wounds are done at the clinic.Further the staff at the DFC is trained to deal with what is called Patient Centre Concern. Dr. Sukhraj and two other nurses, Ms. Joanne Blenman and Ms. Thomas have been trained and certified in wound care from the University of Toronto and in turn they have been able to train some of the their other colleagues in the same field.According to Dr. Sukhraj, it is not easy dealing with diabetes, hence the clinic also provides a strong support mechanism for its patients.“We help our patients deal with their issues…be it pain,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, psychological issues, depression…we have different professionals at our clinic and we are also trained to provide some level of counseling to our patients.”He went on to point out that in instances when they are preparing a patient for amputation,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, if they find that more professional counseling is needed, that patient is given a referral with the Georgetown Hospital’s Social Workers. Counselling is also offered to the immediate families of these patients, since that patient will need their full support following the procedure.Dr. Sukhraj says that on a daily basis it is heart rending to hear stories from patients who sit and relate their stories in tears of how their families treat them because of their condition. He said some patients would often speak of being put out of their homes because of smelly feet, which is as a result of an ulcer or wound which is taking l

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-14 07:59 
People’s Progressive Party General Secretary,NFL Jerseys Supply, Donald Ramotar, is warning that Guyana is not in the clear as it relates to the global financial crisis that enveloped the world this year and left millions homeless and jobless.According to Ramotar,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, in his deliberations with several senior economists,NFL Jerseys Outlet, it was explained that with all of the money being pumped into large economies as stimulus packages it could result in global inflation.He said that given Guyana’s nature of importing goods, inflation will be attached and this would not bode well for Guyana.“The financial crisis is not over as yet.”When asked his opinion last evening Dr Yesu Persaud,Wholesale Jerseys USA, one of Guyana’s leading entrepreneurs, said that while he is hopeful that this does not happen he said that given the nature of globalization it is possible.He said,Cheap Jerseys From China, too,NFL Jerseys 2018, that this could not be a good thing for Guyana, given the fact that Guyana primarily exports and imports.Should what Ramotar is warning happens, then what Guyana is paid for its exports would not represent the true value.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-14 15:15 
…as Guyana observes International Day of PeaceGuyana joins the rest of the international community in observing International Day of Peace today,NFL Jerseys Outlet, under the theme, “Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Future”.Foreign Affairs Minister, Carolyn Rodrigues-BirkettMinister of Foreign Affairs, Carolyn Rodrigues-Birkett, in a related press release stated that “in today’s world with the ever-increasing conflicts amongst and within nations, it is important to stop and reflect on the value of peace and the significant role it plays in the advancement and preservation of the world in which we live”.“This is not a single-handed undertaking but a collective one, therefore institutional bodies such as the United Nations, which was created as a signal of peace after the two devastating World wars of the twentieth century, provide an enabling environment for the encouragement and strengthening of the peaceful coexistence of states.”The Minister explained that over the last sixty–seven years of its existence, the United Nations has worked resolutely to uphold, defend and promote the principles of its Charter and international law, and the means envisaged for the promotion and preservation of international peace and security.“The Government and people of Guyana salute His Excellency Ban Ki-Moon, the United Nations Secretary General for his continued steadfast visionary and astute guidance at the helm of the world body so that the aspirations of all humankind to enjoy their fundamental rights may be sustained. This,Wholesale Football Jerseys, we believe can be possible through the full realization and consolidation of a culture which encourages and promotes peace,” Carolyn Rodrigues-Birkett stated.Minister Rodrigues-Birkett further stated that in spite of its ongoing efforts and those achievements which the United Nations has already accomplished in promoting democracy, human rights, rule of law and sustainable development – key elements of sustained peace – there remains stark evidence that much more needs to be done to realize true and lasting peace for a sustainable future.Adding that the absence of peace in the Middle East and other troubled parts of the world creates immense suffering,Wholesale China Jerseys, as evidenced by high civilian death tolls and other negative effects from phenomena such as discrimination, xenophobia, terrorism and human rights abuses, the Minister stated such global trends which threaten the promotion and preservation of the principles of peace and security, leave little wonder as to why the theme chosen for the Sixty-Seventh Session of the United Nations General Assembly is “bringing about adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations by peaceful means”.“Since its admission to the United Nations in September 1966,Cheap Jerseys From China, Guyana has remained a peace-loving member of this august organization in whose honour this annual event is being celebrated.“We, in Guyana take the opportunity to reiterate our commitment to work with the United Nations family towards fully promoting the principles and purposes on which this world body was founded sixty-seven years ago and which define its relevance in the twenty first century. We particularly reaffirm today our pledge to support the United Nations in its universal quest for peace.”“Let us all – together with our families,Cheap Jerseys From China Online, schools,Cheap Jerseys, religious organizations and communities – embrace peace as our common responsibility, both for the benefit of this and future generations in the interest of sustainable livelihoods and general global development. Peace begets peace and sustained peace will beget sustained development which will augur well for our future.”