hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-17 02:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Grief enveloped a West Coast family last evening after a fire of unknown origin destroyed their home and business place.The lower flat of the Lot 28 Good Intent Road, two storied building, facilitated the Right Price Super Market and Poultry Centre, while the family lived in the upper flat. The Mountain Heights Wesleyan Church, located near the gutted building, was slightly damaged.Residents helped to salvage several items from the lower flat,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic, but practically all the family’s belongings in the upper flat went up in flames.Krishana Mestree, resident of the community, said that he saw “a light” in the back room of the upper flat and later realised that the building was on fire.He said that residents summoned a GuySuCo fire tender, but the vehicle arrived without water. A fire tender from Georgetown eventually arrived but by then the building was fully ablaze.A family-friend of the Bennetts, Racquel Wilson, said that she, who lives three villages away,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, received a call that “de shop on fire.”“I rushed down and when I reach here only the back room was on fire, but in like 10 minutes, the whole top was in a blaze.”Another resident said that “if the ‘fire reel’ de come with water these people house woulda save. But as usual they show up without water, they had to be drawing from the canal. I always thought they suppose to put out de fire,Cheap NFL Jerseys, but if they gon come without water,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, it mean that they have some other reason to come on a fire scene,” stated the resident.Kaieteur News understands that the burnt building is owned by Roy and Simmone Bennett.? The owner’s daughter, Maranda Bennett,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, said they received news of the fire at 18:15hrs while making their way to GuyExpo. Maranda disclosed that her cell phone’s ring tone was off so she did not get the many initial calls that were made to her phone.? It was a resident of the community who was also on Sheriff that shouted “yall house on fire.”By the time the family returned the building had already been gutted.The girl, her parents and a brother, who is in the interior, reside at the premises.The girl said that her mother fainted “a couple times and her condition is what is really grieving my heart.”Simmone, as she sat inconsolable on the church bridge continued repeating “Why me lord”?As relatives and friends fanned her and uttered words of encouragement, the woman muttered “but now we have to start all over again; oh lawd why me?”However, Maranda,Cheap Jerseys From China Outlet, said that, “we will start over the Lord giveth and the lord taketh.”

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-17 02:33 
By:? Sase SinghIntroduction:Every time I start researching for my columns, I always attempt to hunt for the opportunity to illustrate that the Granger administration has done something tangible for the people. But as the topic explains, I am disappointed yet again, this time, because of what is happening at UG and in our general system of education.The policy disarray in the education sector has been a feature for years now, especially when people during the PPP reign, were offered positions in institutions that were way beyond their core competence.? But when we thought this tide of mediocrity would have been stemmed with the arrival of a well-educated appointed in the education sector – Dr. Rupert Roopnaraine, we are now faced with new waves of neo-Victorian indignations.The ideology of “geriatric-ism” and “friends and family-ism” seems to be the overwhelming criteria in choosing candidates to serve all over the system leading me to ask what has really changed?I am in constant contact with some of the key players in the private sector and every single one of them continues to say to me that they are struggling to find the quality of employees that they need.? But when one communicates with the UG graduates, the common theme remains (even with a UG degree), “we cannot find a job”.So why this disconnect between the demand and supply in the labor market in Guyana?Several lecturers reliably advised me that UG is pushing out graduates,jerseys nfl wholesale, who in the majority cannot comprehend basic high school calculus or geometry.Say what! No nation cannot progress or offer any hope to its young people until and unless that country fixes its system of education.? What is happening in this sector will directly unleash our potential or condemn our nation to backwardness – the choice is ours.I must say the new Vice Chancellor is sending some positive signals that he wants to act by using the lessons from the recent past as his guide. But until and unless he gain political support at the highest level, his ambition to reform and refocus UG will fail. Does he have that support?The Skills Gap DebateGuyana’s skills gap refuses to shrink. Why is this so? Who should take the lead in bridging the gap? Again, all are responsible especially the post-2005 PPP government, the current Granger government, NCERD, the high school administrators, the technical institutes, and UG.? All of these institutions have collectively failed Guyana for the last 15 years.? They have not provided the right kind of leadership to influence the right kinds of training in the right fields so that our students can upskill to fill the gaps in the marketplace.I went to high school in some of the worst days of Guyana’s history when we did not have adequate books and we wore “Burnham bedding” but none of that mattered because we had teachers who were our second parents.? They were our mentors, our guidance counselors and we respected and trusted them.I always said if it was not for a lady called Mrs. Shirley Greene with her deep Christian principles and stern forms of education, I may never have been where I am today.? This is the missing link in Guyana today. Too little attention is being paid to the well-being and economic welfare of our teachers by the successive administrations in the Education Ministry and too little support is being offered to them to empower them to do their job.This has to be fixed now, not next year or the year after.That is why I firmly reject the position of President David Granger when he refuses to meet the GTU (KN 30/09/2016).? Which reasonable, balanced, engaging and practical leader refuses to meet the teachers union? Why are the politicians ignoring the teachers even as the system of education continues to crumble?The evidence will show that most of the credit for this mess in the education system has to borne by former Ministers Sheik Baksh and Priya Manickchand.? However,Cheap China Jerseys, there has been no respite since May-2015 for the educators and students. With the appointment of a professional educator to the post of Minister of Education,Supply Authentic NFL Jerseys, all felt relieved.Dr. Rupert Roopnaraine ought to know,NFL Jerseys China, act and lead more competently at transforming the fledgling education system in Guyana.? However, after 16 months,NBA Jerseys China, sadly, his performance is even worse than his PPP predecessor.His first failure is not effectively engaging the GTU and UGWU as vital tools in crafting solutions to the problems in the system. It is turning out to be one of the greatest inhibitors to our national development.? Most of the signals being sent by most of the relevant senior players in the education syst

無頭像
qedaplhjv8

帖子 1
註冊 2017-5-5
用戶註冊天數 2519
用戶失蹤天數 2204
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-17 04:24 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***