Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-17 23:13 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…demand that?Armogan resign“Armogan must go!” scores of cash crop and cattle farmers of Hogstye, Manchester and Alness on the Corentyne shouted. They wanted the Region Six Chairman David Armogan, to resign.Angry and frustrated farmers and residents protesting on Monday.The residents staged a picketing exercise in front of the Lancaster-Hogstye Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC) in Alness Village and aired their grievances about a leaking koker which was constructed some three years ago by Anirud Contracting Services.According to the angry and frustrated residents, despite numerous reports to the Region Six Administration about the poorly- constructed koker,Cheap Jerseys, nothing has been done. As a result, their losses are accruing into hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the saltwater infestation among their crops and their livestock, too, are dying at a rapid rate.A cash crop farmer,Cheap Jerseys, Sherlon Brushe,?complained that he has more than two acres of watermelons but is skeptical about what he will reap since the saltwater from the Atlantic Ocean seeping through the drainage structure is too much.“What will become of them? We get animals in the back dam! What will they drink?! People living in this place here….is because here is ‘Black’ people area?” he questioned. The residents are claiming discrimination.He claimed that all of the drainage and irrigation canals “are filled up with weeds.” They visited the officials at the Drainage and Irrigation Board housed in the Whim NDC “but only promises are being made.”The koker in dispute with leaking doors.The irate residents are demanding that Armogan visit the community. “Ask him if he ever visited this community. Two times he promised to visit the Whim Drainage Board but he never turned up,MLB Jerseys From China,”?Brushe said.“He cannot be an administrator in Berbice. Let him run the trucks at the estate!”Another cash- crop farmer, Quacy La Rose, said,Cheap Jerseys From China, “I only hear about David Armogan…I don’t know the Chairman for Region Six. I never see him…but I?would be?glad to know him.”Ernie Park said that what is amazing is that “we continue complaining about our situations in this community.”“We talked to the NDC right down to the regional office—even the President knows about this situation in Alness, so that’s why we decide to make up our mind and come forward.”He said that the residents enjoyed more cordial relations with former Region Six Chairman, Mr. Zulfikar Mustapha, “even if he comes and makes a promise. But this Chairman does not even know where the NDC is, and I believe it is a shame. Every time we see him, is only on the TV.“Crops just being destroyed and rice fields just left like that. All the drains in the community are just blocked up; we are crying out for help and we will continue to struggle and this is just a start.“Some time we will be back with numbers and let our voices be heard in this country! We are citizens in this place and our voices have got to be heard!”The original location of a drainage sluice built by the PNC, but abandoned and relocated.Raymond Campbell, a rice farmer at Manchester, complained about clogged drainage trenches. “I want them to look into this. I depend on drainage to drain my land and I want the Chairman or President to look into this thing.”“Anirud is not fit to be a contractor because from the first day he started this project, the residents shared concerns. The President Mr. Donald Ramotar come and opened the koker and we gave our concerns to him and vented our frustrations about how the koker was built. They listened to us but the contractor did not come back to rectify the work.“We are very much concerned that our taxpayers’ monies are going to waste and going into somebody’s pocket. We are demanding a better service and it is time for this nonsense to stop. Contracts must be given to suitable people—who know about the specifications and able to do the work, not anybody to waste the people money—get serious Comrade Chairman!”Upon an inspection of the koker, the sea water was pouring through the door of the structure. The residents are also concerned about a dilapidated bridge in the Alness area which school children use daily.“Look at the rails! This morning a child’s foot passed through the bridge! This lawlessness has got to stop!” complained Campbell.The Overseer of the NDC stated,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, “The Region called Tuesday morning (and said) that they award a contract. Works (on the faulty koker) are supposed to start as early as possible.”She added that the NDC is currently without a Chairman. When questioned about the clogged drainage and irrigation canals, she stated that