yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-23 08:07 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Ralph SeeramI read and reread the article to be sure I understood what PNC Presidential candidate Brig. David Granger was quoted as saying in an interview with Kaieteur News? Neil Marks in last Sunday’s edition. The quote that got my attention was Mr. Granger saying “I don’t have evidence that the elections were rigged”.He was referring to those infamous 1973 elections when three PPP supporters were killed. The writer further stated that Mr. Granger was not ready to admit the elections were rigged under Burnham.Now come on Mr. Granger,Cheap NFL Jerseys, are you for real, are you the only adult from that era that didn’t know the elections were a farce? Really, why this evidence escapes you is a little difficult to understand. After all, the rigging was done in the GDF compound. It took nearly a week but they got the job done and the PNC came out as expected,cheap jerseys, the winner. Either the PNC presidential candidate is in denial, or he thinks that the last thirty eight years might have erased Guyanese memory of that sordid piece of history.Referring to the deaths (some at the time felt it was murder) of the three PPP supporters on the Corentyne that Election Day,Cheap Football Jerseys, the article stated that Mr. Granger places their deaths squarely at the feet of the PPP, owing to the antagonistic tactics pursued by the PPP founder, Cheddi Jagan.Assigning further blame on the PPP, Granger said it was Jagan who instructed the PPP supporters to prevent the removal of ballot boxes from the polling stations, and as a result of this they engaged in a tussle with the soldiers who were instructed by the Army to protect the ballot box.Protect the ballot box? They were there to seize the ballot boxes; they were there to enable the PNC to steal the election, but more on this later.After reading the article I waited a few days to see if Mr. Granger would refute some of the statements attributed to him in the article, I waited to see if anyone would challenge this revision of Guyanese history, apparently neither of the two materialised. Now as a journalist who covered that election,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, and as an eye witness to some of the events that day, I cannot allow Mr. Granger to distort history.The young voters of today need to understand the struggle for the free elections they are enjoying today. When they go to vote they should have information on the candidate and the party they are going for. I am not an advocate for bringing up the past; the challenge for Guyana is in its future,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China, not the past.I have said before in these columns that the PPP cannot dwell of the sins of past PNC governments to win the next elections, never the less,Cheap Jerseys From China, statements like those of the PNC presidential candidate cannot go unchallenged.The fact of the 1973 elections were that Burnham and the PNC Government gave the assurance that PPP polling agents or observers will accompany the ballot boxes to the destination where the ballot would be counted openly in front of the various political parties’ representatives.What in fact happened was that the PPP observers were prevented by the police and army from accompanying the ballot boxes at the close of the polling. That is what infuriated the PPP supporters who then saw their votes being stolen by the army. Those are the facts. I was at the Albion Sports Complex that night when the ballots boxes were being moved. There were thousands gathered on the road waiting to see what would happen to their votes.The PPP representatives were thrown out of the vehicle carrying the ballot boxes. The army/police seized the vehicles and took them to the Albion Police Station, the crowds were surging on the station and only some gunshots in the air by the army/police prevented a complete riot.Further up the Corentyne some PPP supporters were not so lucky. Of those shot by the army three died. Later that night the Number19 Village Road was closed for a plane to land. The ballot boxes were secretly loaded onto the plane and taken to the Army Compound in Georgetown to complete the rigging of the elections.The death of those three persons, Mr. Granger lies squarely on the GDF of the time. They invaded Skeldon and seized the injured, took them out of the hospital despite the protests of the medical staffs there. Two of them bled to death for lack of medical care. The army allowed them to bleed for hours in their truck.The soldiers drove into the New Amsterdam hospital compound and threw the bodies out of the truck without stopping; this I must state was witnessed by another journalist who was checking for