yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2441
用戶失蹤天數 1787
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-27 13:51 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The opposition coalition A Partnership for National Unity and Alliance for Change (APNU+AFC) hasCommissioner of Police Seelall Persaudrequested that the Guyana Police Force provide strong security for its Presidential Candidate David Granger and his running mate,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, Moses Nagamootoo.The request was made yesterday during a meeting between an APNU+AFC team and Commissioner of Police Seelall Persaud and top Commanders representing the Guyana Police Force (GPF) executive management team.The meeting was requested by APNU+AFC to communicate with the Commissioner of Police and his team, the coalition’s concerns, security considerations and the current security situation in the lead-up to the May 11 General and Regional Elections.“The APNU+AFC team made it clear that the security situation in the country required the provision of strong security by the GPF for the Coalition’s Presidential and Prime Ministerial Candidates. The security of campaign offices, major rallies and party elections officials were also discussed,” a statement from the coalition’s campaign office said.The APNU+AFC team was headed by Campaign Co-Chairs, Joe Harmon and Raphael Trotman and included Winston Felix, David Patterson and Paul Slowe,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, who was invited to act as a security advisor.It is not clear if the request for the strengthening of security for the coalition’s two top candidates is a result ofAPNU6+AFC Presidential Candidate, David Grangerthe apparent rise in tensions among the electorate in the wake of the killing of political activist Courtney Crum-Ewing.The former army officer was gunned down in the Diamond, East Bank Demerara community last Tuesday night while he was using a bull horn to urge voters to vote out the current People’s Progressive Party government.According to the coalition, the Commissioner and his team briefed them on the Guyana Police Force’s pre and post elections security arrangements.The Commissioner gave the APNU+AFC team the assurance that the GPF was well prepared for any eventualities.During his address at last Thursday’s opening of the annual police officers’ conference, the newly confirmed Commissioner of Police said that the force is cognizant of its role to provide an enabling environment for the May 11 polls.“We do recognize the high demand on us to provide security for the upcoming elections. While a lot of preparatory work is being done in the force, this issue is also being addressed at the level of the joint services,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, where inter-agency collaboration at this time is at its highest,” Persaud stated.“We intend to deliver adequate security for the conduct,Wholesale NBA Jerseys China, which means the period leading up (to Elections Day), this campaigning period,Wholesale Jerseys Store, Elections Day itself and the aftermath of Election Day,” the recently confirmed Top Cop stated.APNU+AFC Prime Ministerial Candidate, Moses NagamootooYesterday,Cheap Jerseys, the Police executive management team said that it was prepared to cooperate fully with campaign personnel nation-wide and made available to the APNU+AFC team the contact information of all Divisional Commanders.The policy regarding the holding of public meetings was also discussed and assurances given to the Coalition that once applications were received in a timely manner, the GPF would embrace the principle of granting permission.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2442
用戶失蹤天數 2118
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-27 15:06 
A 21-year-old construction worker has been remanded to prison on a charge of being an unlicenced firearm holder.Darwin Harding,Wholesale Jerseys, a resident of Lot 1 Laing Avenue,Jerseys Cheap Wholesale, denied having the .38 revolver that police claimed he had in his possession. In his defense,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, Harding told the court that the police had fabricated the case against him.“I was riding my yellow bicycle on the road when some officers on motorcycles ride up behind me and start search me just so. So me and dem had a scuffle cause I say officer me ain’t do nothing. Dem lift me and throw me in a van. Dem even try to lash me across me face with dem gun and when I reach at the station dem say how dem gon charge me fuh firearm.”The prosecution however told the court that Harding stopped on the road as police investigators conducted a probe into a robbery which had occurred in the North Ruimveldt area. The defendant was standing not too far from the scene of the crime when ranks on motorcycle patrol approached him. He attempted to run.The ranks eventually caught up with the defendant and a search was conducted on his person and the .38 revolver fell out of the man’s pocket.The prosecution objected to bail. Williams will remain on remand until April 22.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2441
用戶失蹤天數 1787
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-27 18:37 
The Commission of Inquiry (COI) set up to examine the sugar industry has found it impractical to overcome a challenge to develop a plan that will return the Industry to profitability.? The report laid in the National Assembly on Wednesday indicated that the “realities” facing the industry do not allow for such a drastic turnaround anytime soon.Further, the COI has recommended that Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuCo) be privatized.However,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the report stated that the recommendations contained lay the foundation for bridging the current internal situation in GuySuCo with a more viable option.The report pointed out that there is no one package which can be recommended that will envelope all of the solutions and remedies required. There will be need for an ongoing review of what recommendations are approved.“It will be an evolving situation and the dynamics must recognize changing circumstances.”The mandate given to the Commission was to develop a series of five-year plans leading up to 2030. But the Commission,NFL Jerseys Outlet, having regard to the vicissitudes and dynamics adverted to in the report, has decided that any such 15-year plan would be more theoretical than practical.Minister of Agriculture,Wholesale China Jerseys, Noel HolderThe Commission has therefore limited its attention to the more foreseeable future leading up to privatization.UNREALISTIC BUSINESS PLAN PROJECTIONSIt was reported by the Commission that there is widespread agreement among industry analysts that GuySuCo’s Business Plans and projections, cannot stand up to close scrutiny, even for a period as restricted as the very first year of its projections.“Indeed, as GuySuCo’s projections go further into the future they are revealed to be extremely unrealistic. Most of the stakeholders who have worked at GuySuCo previously,Cheap Jerseys, and who have presented to the COI, have bemoaned the all-round decline in the corporation’s managerial, implementation, and operational capacity.”GOVT. HAS TO LET GOThe COI has found that the best thing for the government to do now that GuySuCo is at a “point of no return” is to sell and interestingly, it was reported that there have already been expressions of interest.“Based on both the financial and economic analyses,Cheap Jerseys 2018, the only rational conclusion which can be drawn is that which the COI had arrived at by consensus. The Government needs to decide urgently whether it can afford to continue, repeatedly, funding GuySuCo from the National Budget (via bailouts) in order to remain as a producer of raw bulk sugar for export. To repeat such “bailouts” and expect different vastly improved results from GuySuCo would be irrational.”In light of this,Cheap Jerseys, the COI has deemed that a continued state-run GuySuCo in its present form/structure is strategically unacceptable. Further, it was stated that it would be an inefficient financial and economic decision if the government chooses to hold on to GuySuCo.“A decisive shift to private ownership and control of the assets now employed in sugar production has to be an essential element of any long-term resolution of the present paradoxical situation.”By consensus it has been recommended that GuySuCo be sold as soon as possible.The report stated, “The process should start as early as practicable and aim to be completed within three years.”The COI recommended that the state should divest itself of all assets activities and operations currently associated with GuySuCo.? Nevertheless, it recommends another bailout.“Financial support in the short term will be needed and this should be provided by the government in a timely basis.”“In the interval, as the privatization process is awaited, the new management of GuySuCo must focus on basic essentials to rehabilitate the fields, factories and infrastructure of GuySuCo. There should be no accommodation for any projects which will demand limited funds.This is aimed at making the estates more saleable and attractive to investors, local and foreign. A few expressions of interest both formal and informal have been received.”