Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2414
用戶失蹤天數 2117
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-31 19:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Leader of the Alliance For Change (AFC),Cheap Jerseys From China, Raphael Trotman, is calling for voters to make the right decision next year and remove the PPP/C Government.At least that is what the party will be aiming for in the General Elections set for next year.Trotman made the comments Thursday following the publication of photos showing a section of the trench in front of the home of columnist, Freddie Kissoon, being ignored during a trench cleaning exercise,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Wednesday.According to Trotman, it was clear that the act was a deliberate one to stifle press freedom.While several of the government officials in Parliament on Thursday said that they were unaware of the canal-clearing outside Freddie Kissoon’s residence, quite a few refuted accusations that workers were instructed not to clean the trench in front of Freddie Kissoon’s home.According to Minister of Housing,Cheap Jerseys Online, Irfaan Ali, the charge is ridiculous.“It is ridiculous to assume that the incident was done on purpose. The day had come to an end…Workers would not purposely take care of every gap and leave one out, which happened to be Mr. Kissoon’s.? It was cleaned (on Thursday).”On Wednesday, workers preparing for the upcoming UNASUR meeting in which several Latin Heads of Government are scheduled to come to Guyana later this month, cleaned a trench in front of Kissoon’s home but skipped the section in front of his home on the Railway Embankment at Turkeyen.After the photo was published in the Thursday edition of Kaieteur News,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, workers were seen cleaning the swath of weed that they had left behind.Many had expressed that Mr. Kissoon’s unrelenting criticism of the administration has led to this vindictive response.On Thursday, PPP/C General Secretary,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Donald Ramotar, said that he had spoken to the foreman of the clearing exercise yesterday on the report that was carried in this newspaper and the official denied that he even knew that Kissoon lived there.“I think that it is nonsense to say that Freddie Kissoon’s home was bypassed.”As a matter of fact, the Parliamentarian said, there were no instructions to skip the area in front of Kissoon’s home.The outspoken columnist described it as a clear act of discrimination.On Thursday, President of Guyana Press Association, Gordon Moseley, in a comment on the incident,China Jerseys Cheap, said that he hopes that it is just a mistake or a lack of judgment.“I hope that Guyana has not become that petty as a nation.”According to Kissoon, workers told him that they had been contracted to clean the canal, located immediately south of the embankment. They also said that they were ordered not to clear the trench in front of Kissoon’s home.Asked to explain this, Works Minister, Robeson Benn, on Wednesday said that there were two teams clearing the canal and they were working from the two extremities. He said that when they called it a day they had reached the section of the canal outside Kissoon’s home.Minister Benn had said that anyone who concluded that Kissoon was being targeted is promoting a conspiracy theory. He said that there was nothing to the non-clearance of the section of canal outside Kissoon’s home. “Don’t jump to conclusions. Everything will be cleared by (Thursday)”.He said that the government would not be so petty and any evidence of this is merely coincidental.Kissoon is adamant that it was a clear case of spite by government authorities and a direct attack on the sensibilities of Guyanese where one citizen has been attacked because he dared to speak out.It was only a few months ago that Kissoon was attacked during a visit to a supermarket on Robb Street. At that time, the columnist was about to enter his vehicle when a man threw faeces on him. His attacker then escaped in a waiting car.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2427
用戶失蹤天數 1903
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-31 19:32 
Pull Quote: “I don’t say you have to. I don’t say I have the power to change anybody’s life. But I am here as an encouragement… to show people the options, to make the referrals, and with that kind of enlightenment,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, I hope I can make a difference in somebody’s life.”By Leon SuseranWomen are very active forces at work in our society today. Compared with the past, they are refreshinglyYetrawatee Katryanin the forefront in almost every sphere of life in Guyana. The Guyanese woman is creating an indelible mark with her contributions to society.Our ‘Special Person’ this week is one such woman. She is a well- known figure on the Corentyne Coast. She has joined other prominent women in the Berbice area and has been using her life for the betterment of others. She understands the vulnerability of women and the relative shaky ground on which we stand today.Like other ‘Special Persons’ featured in this publication, Mrs Yetrawatee ‘Nalin’ Katryan of Skeldon, Corriverton, an outstanding role model for Guyanese women, had her own unique story to tell.Born on June 24, 1952, at Skeldon, Yetrawatee grew up at Line Path ‘D’. Her mother was Flora and her father, Beck, was employed with the sugar industry, before he was laid off and was forced to open a little shop from which the family garnered finances.Yetrawatee attended Skeldon Primary School, which was then called ‘Skeldon Scots School’, and Line Path Secondary. She subsequently entered teaching and tutored at Skeldon Scots in 1969 for just over a year – later moving on to Skeldon High as a Spanish Teacher in 1971.She met her husband,China NFL Jerseys, Almond, a Baptist Pastor, when he came to Line Path ‘D’ as a young missionary.”I didn’t know him before, until he came into the area, and I met him in the mission field as he was inviting people to church.”Almond rented a house not too far from where young Yetrawatee lived. And guess what? She was a staunch Hindu and her parents hailed from a strong Hindu background. So, what happens when a pastor falls in love with the Hindu girl?“That was challenging because my father has always been a strong Hindu, the president of his mandir, and he didn’t like the idea (of her getting married to a pastor),” she reflected. But her father respected his daughter’s decision since “he knew when I said this is the man IMrs Katryan and her husband, Pastor Almond, in 2000.love— he knew I was serious (at age 19). He knew my mind was made up and made up it was. ”The two got married on September 19, 1971, shortly after she became “saved” and became a Baptist. The marriage produced their only child, Mitchell Katryan, who works with the Louisiana Sugar Company in the USA.Yetrawatee entered the Teachers’ Training College in September 1976. Being a teacher in those days meant fulfilling the need for teachers “and people were encouraging you to get into the teaching profession since it was the ‘reputable profession’”.While attending the college, she taught Spanish and English at Berbice High. Upon completing Training College, she returned to the Corentyne in 1978 where she taught at Skeldon High, “and I worked there until 1991 when I resigned from the teaching profession”.Then after 22 years as a teacher, she wanted to call it quits. She was not getting the satisfaction she desired as a teacher.Having left that profession, her work with children did not end. She assisted children on one afternoon per week “those who were doing the CXC levels”.? Then the societal problems which women were facing began to take centre stage in Katryan’s life.“So many women were out there, who were going through a lot of abuse, they didn’t have a skill, they were not functionally literate, they didn’t know where to turn to, so I decided I am out of teaching, why not get involved in helping women, and that is how we ended up doing what we’re doing here [at the Roadside Baptist Centre]”, she noted.Women were coming to her with a lot of problems with their husbands, and she began to work with them. She acquired her Justice of the Peace licence as well.Based on needs assessment, Yetrawatee began to focus on home-making skills with the women, initially those from the church.“Women from the church also have problems, they are not exempted [from those outside of the church], and they need assistance,” she noted.“We decided to put in a skills training centre and started a library so that they [they women] could come and have a place to sit, talk, have some counseling, read a book and totally relax.”The Institute of Distance and Continuing Education (IDCE) in Berbice needed a coordinator and since she was at home, Katryan volunteered for the part- time position in 1993 where she worked for a number of years, but eventually left that as well, since she wanted to move on to the next chapter of her life, which was to be the most important.She and her

無頭像
Zzjvn4p8

帖子 1305
註冊 2018-3-30
用戶註冊天數 2242
用戶失蹤天數 2146
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-31 22:11 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***