yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2424
用戶失蹤天數 1771
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-5 12:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Dr. Zulfikar BuxLast week I started sharing with you my weight loss and maintenance plan. We touched on the importance of eating lighter as the day progresses, eating smaller amounts more often, minimizing on bad carbohydrates and using more protein rich foods. These are steps that will show results gradually and not drastically. It’s important to understand that achieving an optimal weight is a journey and not a destination, so we need to focus on the process that leads us there.Ensuring that we blend the above plans with the following plans should enable us to maintain a healthy and productive body.Use more waterDrinking water improves our metabolism which will prevent unnecessary weight gain. Water also improves our hydration which has a direct effect on preventing us from overeating. It also helps to give us a feeling of fullness, thus preventing us from eating or drinking something else. The average healthy man should drink 13 cups (3 liters) of fluids per day while the average woman should drink 9 cups (2.2 liters) of fluids per day.Less processed more naturalToday’s pre-packaged convenience foods have been processed and altered to the point of being virtually?unrecognizable,?nutritionally, from the real deal. They have less nutrition and more calories, especially trans fat which is known to raise bad cholesterol levels. What’s even worse, is processed foods have a direct link with increasing ones risk for cancers, heart disease,Wholesale Jerseys Online, diabetes,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, just to list a few. Avoiding pre-packaged or preserved foods will therefore help in maintaining a healthy weight and of course a healthy life.ExerciseOne cannot stress enough on the importance of exercise. While we can control our weight by what we put in (eat),China Jerseys Wholesale, we may falter some days and therefore exercise is needed to help “burn off” additional calories. The center of disease control recommends that we do 150 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity aerobic activity each week. So we should be having between 11 to 22 minutes of heavy to moderate intensity activity daily if we want to maintain our body weight. Moderate intensity aerobic activity includes biking at a casual pace, walking briskly, actively playing with children etc. Heavy intensity aerobic activity includes running,Cheap Jerseys Store, swimming, competitive sports (football,NFL Jerseys China, cricket,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, basketball) etc.Reward yourselfEvery so often we will have cravings. Rewarding ourselves once a week with a meal that we crave that may be high in calories can be permitted, but we must make up for it with extra exercise. An important part of losing weight is pleasing our minds also. We wouldn’t want to miss out on all the delicious food for the rest of our lives. But careful planning and adherence can allow us to try the not so healthy ones occasionally.My thoughts are if we adhere to this plan, we should be able to maintain a healthy weight. I’ll be sure to put it into practice. It’s never too late to change how we eat and live. Once there is life there is an opportunity to make a change. It’s important that realize that we can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.(Dr Zulfikar Bux is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at the Vanderbilt University and Medical Center and holds the position of Head of the Georgetown Public Hospital’s Accident and Emergency Department.)

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2424
用戶失蹤天數 1771
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-5 12:29 
By Sharmain CornetteThe existing garbage crisis in the city is nothing less than a public health threat, said Health Minister Dr Leslie Ramsammy yesterday.In an invited comment the Minister revealed that his Ministry is currently preparing an advisory, which will inform residents how to treat their waste in order to ensure that it is not detrimental to their health.He highlighted, that on a regular basis there are instances where waste is disposed of in an indiscriminate manner in alleyways and drains, adding that the fact that garbage is not being picked up and is left to pile up will only lend to a more intensified problem.As a result, Dr Ramsammy underscored that the prevalence of vectors will increase, mounting the potential of diseases, the likes of filaria and dengue even as the waterways become contaminated and the threat of leptospirosis looms.The Minister’s concerns were echoed in a letter inked by the Environmental Community Health Organisation (ECHO) which was addressed to the Health Minister and carbon copied to the media.The Minister in acknowledging receipt of the letter noted that “we at the Ministry are equally concerned and we are prepared to take various actions.”In the letter, which was signed by ECHO Director of Administration, Claudette Fredericks, a plea was made to the Minister to act immediately and bring an end to the crisis.“We the Directors and members of ECHO are writing to you because we are very concerned about the increasing accumulations of garbage in almost every street in the city. This is completely unacceptable and wrong to every citizen of this country,” Fredericks’s letter stated.It was highlighted that piles of rotting garbage are left to overspill on to the roadways and pavements, which both humans and animals have to come into contact with.This situation,NFL Jerseys From China, Fredericks continued, puts at risk the health and lives of all citizens, particularly children and senior citizens, as it fosters a suitable environment for flies, roaches and rodents, which are carriers of all manner of diseases. And the problem,China Jerseys Free Shipping, it was noted,Cheap NFL Jerseys Store, can serve to put a strain on the National Health Department.“Many people have started to burn their garbage much to the discomfiture of their neighbours, particularly those who may have respiratory and associated illnesses. Worse is the new development that the waste emanating from the municipal markets would not be collected until who knows when?”And given the close proximity of the garbage to goods offered for sale for human consumption,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, the possibility of contamination of perishable goods could not be ruled out, Fredericks stressed. “The thought of what could be the likely impact to environmental and public health is absolutely frightening. It must stop now!”ECHO, according to the letter, is urging the Health Minister to take immediate action concerning the environmental crisis, even as it was noted that governments,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, environmental organisations and other agencies are paying serious attention to the way their communities, towns and cities are managed and developed.And since the situation will in no way help to address the challenges of climate change, “we must encourage and insist on good environmental stewardship,” Fredericks asserted.As such Minister Ramsammy revealed that he plans on meeting with the ECHO team as early as today in order to plot the way forward.Meanwhile, the Georgetown municipality through its Public Relations Officer, Royston King, revealed that the municipality has put in place semi-disposal sites along Mandela Avenue in the vicinity of the dumpsite. He said that residents could feel free to dispose of their garbage at the site, adding that municipal workers will be tasked with moving accumulated waste to the dumpsite. Additionally, he disclosed that municipal workers were also engaged in removal of some of the piled-up garbage sites around the city yesterday.However, when this newspaper visited some sections of the city there were yet many visible piles of garbage.The garbage crisis became a reality about two weeks ago when garbage disposal contractors – Cevons Waste Management Incorporated and Puran Brothers Waste Disposal Service – withdrew their services from the municipality. The contractors’ decision was rooted in the fact that they have not been compensated for their services for the months of June, July,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, August and half of May.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2398
用戶失蹤天數 2102
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-5 15:19 
By Leonard GildarieIn recent weeks, Kaieteur News and the rest of the country became fixated on news of an embattled Minister,Leonard Gildariethe housing lands deals on the East Bank of Demerara and forensic audits.I have watched as Guyana evolved in the last 15 years or so when it comes to the news.In the late 1990’s, it was heating up following the events of the troubled 1997 elections when parts of the city were looted and buildings burned.But things changed dramatically following that now infamous 2002 Mash Day escape by five men from the Camp Street jail. That breakout was the start.I was living overseas at the time and it was with horror that I read daily of the executions, robbery attacks on businesses and kidnappings. One shootout between gunmen and police even took place a couple doors away from the city home of former Home Affairs Minister,Wholesale Jerseys, Ronald Gajraj.Citizens,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, especially in the city and on the East Coast of Demerara,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, have remained shell-shocked from those events. The Lusignan massacre and the attack on Bartica have both left the country numb. What would motivate teenagers to use shotguns to blast sleeping children? The questions were many.That period in the 2000s will go down as one of the darkest times in Guyana’s history. I still hear my colleagues at work speak of sleeping in the office and even wearing bullet-proof vests on late-night visits to scenes. Some even joked of not wearing any underclothes when they came off their bed at 1 a.m. to return to work.It has been less than a decade that I joined Kaieteur News and I have watched it cement its place as the leading newspaper. It has the largest online readership for any news site within the region, I am told.The news saw a perceptible shift around 2009 when the attention zeroed in on corruption. The media is one of the toughest jobs I know. The hours are long. I see reporters eating lunch at 4 p.m., and even sleeping at their desks. Some would even sneak a shower at our nearby gym.Many reporters I know in Guyana are either single or divorced. It is that tough.When the David Granger administration took office last year, it came with a heavy task ahead.The incumbent PPP/C lost by a mere 4,500 votes. I would say that this is a very slim victory. With evidence pointing to the fact that Guyana votes along ethnic lines, any party or coalition seeking to assume high office will have to come good in the future.I have said it before and will repeat it now…the voting patterns have shifted. We have 60 percent of the voting population under 35. The promises to these young voters will have to address jobs, housing, infrastructure and lowering of the cost of living.The administration would come in with a huge task ahead…how to fulfill those campaign promises.The honeymoon period is over now. Critical issues like performance of the economy, those radio licences and tackling corruption are all now staring the administration in the face. How they tread on the rocky incline in the coming year will be crucial to what will be perceived to be the legacy left by this present government.As a reporter at Kaieteur News, over the years, I have been hearing all kinds of complaints. People want the newspaper to help with their garbage that a contractor would have left in front of their yard or settle a dispute with a lawyer. Even issues like a neighbour’s gutter hanging in somebody’s yard would be brought to the newspaper.I have become accustomed to it. It comes with the territory. People expect that the newspaper would help or at the very least,cheap jerseys, give advice.Over the past few months, I have hearing all kinds of things. For example, Kaieteur News backs the current Government. I would listen with much amusement. The coverage over the last few weeks would dispel any such wild notions.I have been around long enough to know Glenn Lall,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, the Publisher, and staffers of Kaieteur News. It goes beyond money.?At the risk of speaking on company business, our daily editorial meetings could be described as anything except being mundane or boring. The arguments are raging ones.The independence of thinking and being able to voice it have become part of the decision-making process of what goes into the newspaper the next day.So yes, when it comes to where the newspaper stands,China Jerseys NFL, I can without hesitation say it will be on the fence. We will continue to report the news as it unfolds, without fear or favour. As far as I know, we do not cater to a constituency, but rather, to all of Guyana.It is not too late. We have a country to buil

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 2102
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-5 16:24 
– Bakewell Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bakewell, Naeem Nazir,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, has said that his company should be reducing the price of bread from today. In an invited comment to this newspaper yesterday,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Mr. Nazir said that the company is currently working to make the changes in its computer system.However,Cheap NFL Jerseys, he explained that he could not say at what new price bread would be retailed, but he assured that it would be reasonable.It has been over one week since the National Milling Company (NAMILCO) announced a 17 percent reduction in the price of flour, and bakers at a recent meeting with Commerce Minister Manniram Prashad had promised to reduce the price for bread and other flour products within a week.The bakers had argued that they buy flour in bulk, and as such, it would not be fair to them to reduce the price for bread and other related products instantly,China Jerseys, because this would affect their profit margin.Nazir had told Kaieteur News that many logistical changes have to be made.Last week, NAMILCO announced the reduction of the price of flour by an overall 17 percent on 45-kg bags, and indicated that there would be a consequential reduction in packets.The reason for the reduction was due to the reduced price for wheat on the international market.It was explained that the decreased percentage was calculated using the increased prices at May 5 last versus the new prices. Most bakers would therefore benefit from a $1,280 reduction per bag of flour.Consumers are also benefiting from a reduction of $20 per kg on Thunderbolt packet flour. The wholesale price for a bag of Thunderbolt flour is now $6,175,NFL Jerseys Clearance, while the retail price is $6,220.Earlier in the year, the prices were $7,390 and $7,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping,500 respectively.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 2102
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-5 17:27 
Drastic measures are ‘in the pipeline’ to deal with the owners of business entities that have failed to comply with the admonition of the Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI) to put in place grease traps or interceptors.At least this is according to GWI Public Relations Officer, Rawle Aaron, who yesterday reminded that the water company has sent out warnings and given an ultimatum to business owners to “get their act together.”The PRO related to this newspaper that the company has devised a strategy to address the absence of the grease traps at some known entities, a situation which has impacted negatively on the Georgetown sewerage system.GWI first disclosed its intent to deal with the situation about two months ago and had emphasised the importance of restaurants,Adidas Hockey Jerseys Cheap, caterers,NHL Jerseys From China, school cafeterias, hotels and other commercial cooking facilities having the grease trap mechanisms in place.This,NFL Jerseys China, he said must be done in order to prevent the discharge of grease – caused by food preparation – from entering the sewerage system. The grease traps or interceptors are passive devices required by municipalities to stop grease, fat, oil, wax or debris from entering the city’s sewerage system.The trap,Cheap Jerseys From China, the PRO said, is expected to be placed under the sinks of these entities where greasy substances are allowed to exit.According to information from GWI, typical building codes require all such new or rebuilt facilities to install a grease interceptor to pre-treat grease entering a sewer. All units should be fitted with a standard final-stage sample box and interceptors must typically be sized for at least a 30-minute peak waste-water flow detention time from all contributory sources.According to Aaron, GWI’s campaign to encourage the use of the grease interceptors is likely to see persons being prosecuted if they fail to comply in the long run.“We haven’t prosecuted anybody as yet but we have been warning persons. We have found that only about 10 to 15 per cent of the persons operating restaurants have a grease trap in place. This is unsatisfactory, we cannot accept this anymore, it is damaging our sewerage system immensely,Cheap NFL Jerseys,” said Aaron at a press conference last month.Minister of Housing and Water, Irfaan Ali,Wholesale China Jerseys, had also revealed that the entities would be given a grace period to comply with the regulations which specify that they must have measures in place to mitigate the risk of clogging the sewerage system. The Minister had also made reference to the placement of grease traps, particularly at restaurants and hotels, adding that several have not been complying with the measures highlighted by GWI.“We want them to know that they are on the radar. They have to correct themselves, after which they will have to face the penalty of the laws and regulations governing the Sewerage Act,” the Minister had firmly asserted.