hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 1902
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-5 14:07 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
A popular contracting firm in Berbice was exposed for shoddy works done on various roads in the Angoy’s Avenue area in New Amsterdam.Angry residents had voiced their displeasure about the “substandard works”, particularly to Unity Dam. The residents took Kaieteur News on a tour of the area which revealed the road deteriorating one day after the contractor had worked on it. Pieces of the roadway were falling off and it appeared as if the stipulated materials were not used properly, if at all.This prompted a visit to the site by Regional Chairman of Region Six,Wholesale Jerseys, Zulfikar Mustapha, who was summoned to the area on Tuesday.“I can’t comprehend what is going on here. It’s very, very unacceptable and I think this whole work has to be overhauled—let me be frank with you”, he told the contractor in front of the residents. Mustapha then began to read the Bill of Quantity aloud for the contractor and it was revealed that there were a number of breaches to the contract.The contractor (left) is confronted and questioned by Region 6 Chairman Zulfikar Mustapha (right)“Supply,Cheap China Jerseys, place and compact crusher- run; supply and install 18-inch tube…the roadway should be supplied,Cheap Jerseys China, placed and compact plate shoulder to grade and [be] lined as indicated in cross- section,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping,” Mustapha read.“This road is unacceptable as I see it here. I am saying the whole work has to be overhauled. And we have to do it according to the Bill of Quantity. Now if you do not have the kind of machinery required,Cheap NBA Store, you will have to find the machinery, to grade it,Jerseys Cheap Wholesale, so that the road will not break up or burst away. You as an engineer should know better,” he said.Mustapha gave the contractor seven days, after which he would revisit the area to see if the stipulated works were carried out. The contractor had nothing to say to all of this.A multi-million-dollar contract was signed a few weeks ago for the renovation of several roads and streets in the Angoy’s Avenue area. This was preceded by a screening process whereby each contractor knew fully well what they were required to do, and the materials that were to be used on the streets.