Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2411
用戶失蹤天數 2115
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-7 22:34 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Other the years the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports has been able to garner significant support from a number of agencies interested in the preservation and sustainability of cultural rudiments.Over the years there has been an evident decline in interest and participation in steel pan music and masquerade, and much has been done to reinvigorate these two Guyanese art forms. One partner that has assisted the efforts of the Ministry of Culture,Nike NFL Jerseys China, Youth and Sports is UNESCO.Through UNESCO, the Ministry via the National School of Music benefited from a US $18,000 grant which saw funds being made available for the acceleration of activities to reinvigorate steel pan music and masquerade.Today several pieces of equipment including tapes, DVD players, steel pans and learning materials on masquerade and steel bands were handed over to the MCYS by UNESCO Representative IngeNatoo.The simple ceremony was held at the Music School on Brickdam.This project will train forty youths in the area of music with specific emphasis on the steel band art form and Masquerade Band since in communities where the art forms could thrive there was a lack of access to instruments. In this regard, the project provides the platform for the transfer of knowledge and develop a new community youth steel band in Region 3, and two masquerade bands in Regions 10 and 2.Both art-forms have had a long rich tradition in Guyanese society and forms a unique part of our cultural heritage, and research has shown that one of the main reasons for this decline is the lack of transition of information, skills and practical knowledge from seniors involved in the art-form to youths in the society.With regard to masquerade,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, the Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports, Dr. Frank Anthony emphasized that people should stop looking down on the art form. “We have had our own challenges with the propagation of the masquerade art form and over the years we have been trying to encourage more people to get involved in masquerade bands…a lot of people look down on the art form and perhaps they are not familiar with the history and why we have this art form,Cheap NHL Jerseys, but people who are cognizant of the art form would recognize that this is an important part of our heritage,” he emphasized.Minister Anthony noted that this art form was passed down through the generations since the days of slavery hence it is important for the art form to be continuously passed out to the younger generation.This is critical because these elements (culture and traditions) defines and identifies a nation, “and if we allow them to be extinguished then we would lose that identity,Cheap China Jerseys,” the Minister stressed.He explained that masquerade is more than what meets the eye and the nation cannot afford for these elements to disappear; hence the importance of the project. Further, the Minister posited that if the techniques are understood then the art form would be more appreciated and embraced.In this regard, the production of the DVD and manual makes it easier to share the knowledge since they can be reproduced and distributed beyond the target groups. Minister Anthony also suggested that the content be placed on the Ministry’s website and youtube for further reach.Minister Anthony highlighted that in steel pan a lot has been done and this is evident in the distribution of steel bands to schools and communities. This has resulted in the emergence of more school and community bands who participate in the annual steel pan competition during Mash celebrations.The Minister also called for the need for more partners in this regard. Republic Bank has been one of the main partners thus far.Minister Anthony is also calling on the public to support events where there are steel pan and masquerade performances. One such activity will be held in Ann’s Grove on February 9 where, as part of Mash celebrations, a flounce off will be held, and several steel pan concerts will be held around the country.The Ministry also received assistance from UNESCO for the digitalization project at the National Archives.Students will have access to the best available human resources and be exposed to an environment that is conducive to learning. The two main resource persons in this regard are Andrew Tyndale from the Music School and Tr. Linda Griffith from the National School of dance. They worked on the production of the student manuals for both courses which will be given to all participants.A DVD was also produced and will be circulated to the various Regions so as to encourage participation and increase appreciation of the art forms.Tr.Linda noted that even though the masquerade tradition is diminishing,<a href="http://www.wholesalechinaauthe

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2437
用戶失蹤天數 1784
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-7 22:42 
A man is in police custody after reportedly claiming to be a Government Minister in order to obtainGovernment Minister? Detained: Damion Baileya cellphone from a Georgetown business,Wholesale Jerseys, yesterday afternoon.Arrested is 39 year-old Damion Bailey of Friendship,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, East Bank Demerara, who allegedly called the owner of A.N. Electronics Store, Robb Street,Cheap World Cup Jerseys 2018, pretending to be Minister of Housing and Water,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Irfaan Ali.While impersonating Minister Ali, Bailey claimed that he had lost his cell phone and would be sending a driver to uplift a Samsung smartphone in the Minister’s name.Police were alerted of the suspicious activity at about 10:30hrs yesterday when Bailey reportedly arrived at the business claiming to be Minister Ali’s driver. His arrest was soon followed and he is currently assisting police with investigations.Bailey was alleged to have tried a similar ruse twice late last year – at the Digicel office on Barrack Street, Kingston, and a Regent Street business. Those times he reportedly claimed to be the Minister of Home Affairs Clement Rohee. He was arrested on both occasions.The man was charged for the Digicel incident but the case was subsequently dismissed for want of prosecution on January 7. In the incident concerning the Regent Street business,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Bailey was not charged,Wholesale Jerseys 2017, as representatives did not want to pursue the matter.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2437
用戶失蹤天數 1784
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 01:10 
De other day a man arrest a horse because de animal damage he car. He driving good and de horse run cross de road without looking. Well dem boys seh that de man stupid. From de time he see de horse at de side of the road he shoulda expect anything. De horse had a right to resist arrest and sit right in de middle of de road.De man try all kind of things but de horse refuse because de horse also know that he wasn’t a policeman because he ain’t get no kick.What really happen was that dem policemen was busy. Dem wasn’t even at de station because a man get rob and he and de neighbours call fuh help. Dem call till dem finger sore and dem can’t get anybody fuh answer de phone.When he get through one station tell he that dem didn’t have transportation and if he can send some transportation dem would come. De only car dem had around was de one that de gunmen arrive with and that driver wasn’t going to bring no police.Wha mek dem boys jump was when de man call, this time he crying and de police tell he fuh call for de patrol from Timehri. De man live near Mahaica. Dem have police station at Clonbrook wheh he live,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched, at Cove and John,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, at Vigilance,Cheap Jerseys From China Online, at BV, at Sparendaam, at Kitty. Dem have a whole heap of stations in town.Then pun de East Bank dem have Providence,Cheap Jerseys From China, Diamond,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, Grove,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Madewini ??? and then Timehri. People now believe that something wrang. One of de gunmen had military boots and people want suspect something but dem boys can’t say what.Henry did talk how all dem police station gun have a quick reaction squad. That was two years ago. Dem boys seh that something wrang because there was no squad and certainly no reaction.Now there will be an investigation and some reports about disciplinary action and then?Talk half. Lef half.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2438
用戶失蹤天數 2115
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 02:10 
By Abena RockcliffeBrigadier (Rtd.) David Granger has committed to debating President Donald Ramotar under any circumstances.APNU+AFC Presidential Candidate,Cheap NFL Jerseys, David GrangerGranger said this on Friday in response to the President’s utterances as to why he aborted debates during the 2011 elections. The President has also made a declaration that he will not engage in another debate unless it is organized by his campaign team.This, Ramotar said, is because he has a bad taste left in his mouth from the last debate held during the 2011 elections. That debate was held at the University of Guyana.Even before Kaieteur News had spoken to President Ramotar on the issue,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, Granger had alluded to those very debates. He had said that the debates were organized and all three parties— the People’s Progressive Party (PPP), the Alliance For Change (AFC) and APNU—agreed to go through with it.”“But by the second round,NFL Jerseys Store, President Ramotar disappeared and it was only me and (AFC Leader and 2011 Presidential Candidate) Mr. (Khemraj) Ramjattan,China NFL Jerseys,” said Granger.Subsequently, President Ramotar said that his no show at that debate was due to the fact that it was horribly organized.He explained that the fact that he could not hear himself during the debates. There were other glitches and these caused him to abort the schedule.But even with that said,Cheap Jerseys USA, Ramotar noted that he is not remotely opposed to having debates.However,Cheap Jerseys Free, he sought to make it clear that the final decision has to be made by his campaign team.President Donald RamotarGranger said that could not care less about if the debate is held at the seawalls or at the Conference Center. He is ready “under any circumstances.”“I am fully prepared to go public to put forward the good plans this alliance has in store for Guyanese”.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2438
用戶失蹤天數 2115
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 02:13 
By Michael BenjaminWhen someone walks into a trap that is so well concealed that hardly notices,Cheap Jerseys From China, it may be considered an accident. Likewise when one reaches for a slice of bread and inadvertently spills a portion of hot coffee on his hands, this could also be regarded as an accident.But when a minibus driver careens along the streets at a frightening pace, totally oblivious to the terror experienced by the dozens of commuters in his care and slams into another vehicle or is unable to control his vehicle after sustaining mechanical or other defects,Wholesale NBA Jerseys Authentic, this must not be considered an accident, it should be termed an ‘on purpose’ and the errant driver must have the book thrown at him.The driver in question certainly regarded the ‘Avenue’ as the ‘Homestretch’ it was and ended up causing an ‘on purpose’ just under a week ago. Subsequently, five persons lost their lives while several others are seriously and remain hospitalized.The ‘on purpose’ has once again highlighted a need for drivers of all modes of vehicles to exercise great care and caution as they traverse the roadways. More so, those that operate vehicles that transport the public on a daily basis must be placed under certain statutes that relegate them to be extremely careful when plying their trade.The vociferous outcries of the affected families for swift action in punishing the errant driver are certainly unsurprising but sadly, endorse the view that persons are only wont to join the fight to facilitate an end to this scourge when they are directly affected.One fully sympathizes with those who lost loved ones and sincerely pray that they find solace in the fact that God knows best and designs situations the way they flesh out.The grotesque picture of bodies sprawled on the streets coupled with the loud wails emanating from the throats of loved ones should be a strong catalyst for motorists to develop a fresh attitude of the way they use our roads.During my journalistic tenure I have witnessed many fatal accidents and listened to the wails of the affected. I have seen the police spring into action and adopt a zero tolerance disposition to errant motorists.The immediate period after a fatal accident is the safest time to use the roads as police officers are teeming and they adopt a zero tolerance attitude to errant motorists. Alas, shortly after the hue and cry, the situation reverts to its former status and the peace officers return to their respective desks.Naturally, after a horrific accident one would expect motorists to become circumspect and use the roads with care even when law enforcement officers are not around. Unfortunately, such is not the case and just as soon as the police officers return to their offices, the craziness resumes.Five years ago, while straddled on my motor scooter on the Railway Embankment, a sports utility vehicle slammed into me after the driver failed to stop at the Conversation Tree and Railway Embankment junction. I was unconscious for approximately ten minutes and the doctors had attributed this to my superb level of fitness.Some six weeks later I sought a discharge from the Georgetown Public Hospital, to the Davis Memorial Hospital where I underwent surgery after registering my dissatisfaction at the quality of medical care I was receiving at the aforementioned medical institution.I lay in bed with my injured leg elevated and a steel pin riveted through my shin bone to alleviate the excruciating pain that shot through my body at the simplest movement. Even amidst my pain I could not help but note the suffering of those around me after being involved in vehicular accidents.Further, my pain appeared miniscule in comparison to what other patients were enduring. All around me were persons in various positions, some with both feet elevated high in the air, others swathed in bandages while still others with bandages wrapped around their chests and moaning in pain while imploring the attention for some sort of relief.I remembered a particular Amerindian patient who had both of his legs in a cast after he was struck down by a car in the Timehri area. Weeks after I was discharged from the Davis Memorial Hospital, where I had gone after requesting a discharge from the Georgetown Public Hospital,China NFL Jerseys, I learnt that he had died, not directly from the leg injuries but from brain damage. Further, I say not.This is the very first time since my accident five years ago that I choose to discuss the details of the mishap that has left me incapable of fully enjoying the use of my right leg even as I am forced to live in pain for the rest of my life, not to mention the taunts from some na?ve individuals whose understanding of the suffering and misfortune of others seriously needs some revamping

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2438
用戶失蹤天數 2115
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 02:54 
Follow the leader, leader,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, leader!Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the new General Secretary of the PPP: Mr. Bharrat Jagdeo. Based on what we have seen on the ground and heard from the field, it seems like Bharrat has taken over from Donald as the head of the party.When he was President, Bharrat had wrested control of the Government from Donald. There was a time when the Party stalwarts were questioning the direction of Bharrat as he divorced himself from the PPP in order to carry out his agenda. That was in the past.Today he has wrested control of the PPP from Donald and the Party stalwarts are again wondering what is slapping them so hard.The new leaders of the PPP are the used-up boys of the Jagdeo administration – one previous Regional Chairman and a host of other used persons. Is this a move toward a renewed push for another Jagdeo presidency? Will we hear new-term instead of third term?Whatever it is, his total lack of management and professional ethics cannot be good for that party. We will be looking on. The Party needs to think about the respect factor. Bullyism and cronyism will continue to erode the popular base of the PPP. And,Discount NFL Jerseys, we are not even addressing corruption here!Meanwhile, while the PNC has clearly supported David Granger as its leader,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the lifespan of the APNU is shaky and will only last as long as there is this parliament. Granger has brought a new leadership style to the PNC and with it, a breath of fresh air that will do well for the PNC, provided Granger himself maintains his mantle of dignity and professionalism. Granger’s challenge is to stay relevant in the fast-paced angry-syndrome-type supporter and his danger is to fall into the sad fire-and-pestilence mode of Hoyte when frustration eventually gets to him.With Greenidge,Discount NFL Jerseys, Harmon and others in the periphery, the PNC/APNU will continue to play the political games with the PPP which will squeeze the PNC/APNU’s single ally in parliament, the AFC. But, while Granger will be negotiating and settling some matters with the PPP,Wholesale MLB Jerseys, he is closing the door on his own fate and that of a combined majority in parliament.As for the other two has-been Parties, we know that the WPA’s death was stark with its last rites read during the last election and the TUF’s last rites reached its nadir of history.The AFC,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, however, seems to be attracting new blood in the political battleground and now-and-again gains some good momentum – but is badly lacking in terms of vision and proactive approach. Sandwiched between PPP and PNC (oops APNU), the AFC can only try to remain relevant as the PPP and PNC/APNU tries to set it up.Unfortunately, it sees itself in the adopt-a-protest mode and may be in danger of digging its own grave of immaturity.It is a sad fact that the political leaders (PPP, PNC, AFC) of tomorrow may have no tomorrow left in them. Granger, Bharrat, Moses.? One can see the PPP allowing itself to have Bharrat oppose Moses, but, Moses needs to realize that he looks at AFC’s new leader every time he looks at Hughes. One can accept that Granger is needed at the present time. But, none of the current leaders give us hope.The recycling of the used and abused will continue to haunt us. This is almost laughable, yet an indictment on Guyana’s future.Until the future leaders are introduced, we will continue to live in the past.