yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2438
用戶失蹤天數 1785
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 01:07 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Two labourers were early yesterday morning relieved of their cash and jewellery by armed bandits in the compound of the Georgetown Fishermen’s Co-op. Society Ltd at Meadow Bank,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Georgetown.The location where the labourers were robbed.But they were not the intended targets. According to the victims, the two gunmen were after a group of fishermen who would normally count their profits around 7:00 am at a gas station in the facility and conceal it in black plastic bags.The labourers said that when the robbers realized that they would not be raking in anything substantial,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, they decided to “settle for anything” available at the time which happened to be $24,NFL Jerseys China,000 in cash, one gold chain and a ring.Suresh Dass of Alexander Village recounted the “frightening” incident.“I was right here in de gas station fixing up dem bottles and then I see these two young boys appear in front of me. One had plait hair and the other one had he hair cut low. They had some long guns in dem hand. They tell Ivan and me fuh lie down pun the ground and they start kicking me and asking us fuh give them de bag and how they want the bag with the money. I beg them fuh spare me life and I told them me ain’t got no bag of money just $24,Wholesale Jerseys From China,000. They took it away from me,” the 45-year-old man expressed.Ivan Hill of Broad Street, Charlestown added, “They turn to me and snatch me chain and me ring and punch me to me eye and run out. They fire a shot in the air and we stay down on the ground until we de sure that they gone.”But the fishermen at the wharf seemed to be suspicious of the story being told by the two victims. Several said that Hill’s story is “not convincing” as he was not seen wearing any jewellery yesterday morning.One said, “This is worrying. How did the robbers know that they should go straight to the gas station to find us? That is where we would go around 7 in de morning and count our money after our sales. That only started happening the other day, so these bandits had information from somebody. Why didn’t they come to the back? And in these times,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, how come these two walk away without any injury? They saw the bandits face and they ain’t got no injury? Something is too fishy about this situation.”Leonard Jettoo of Mon Repos who is in charge of the fisheries agreed with the sentiments expressed by the concerned fishermen and stressed that he will get to the bottom of it. The businessman said that security will be increased to ensure the safety of the workers.In the meantime,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, the matter was reported to Ruimveldt Police Station and investigations have commenced.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2412
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 01:30 
ROSE HALL TOWN,Wholesale China Jerseys, CORENTYNE – The Edward B. Beharry Group of Companies renewed its commitment to the feeding programme organised by the Rose Hall Town Youth and Sports Club (RHTYSC) for another year.For the past six years,NFL Jerseys China, the Beharry group has been making available a wide range of its products to ensure that the club continues to provide meals for needy children every Friday.Area Manager of the Edward B. Beharry Group of Companies, Anil Hulasie,Cheap Jerseys China, spoke well of the club’s initiative to provide what was badly needed in some homes – nutritious meals to take care of the needs of children.Hilbert Foster,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, Chief Executive Officer of the club indicated that plans are on the drawing board to soon expand the feeding programme. He said the support garnered from the Beharry Group of Companies assists his organisation to serve God’s people.The Feeding Programme falls under the annual $5 million charity drive. Sterling Products Limited and Ricks and Sari Agro Industries also contribute to the feeding programme and provide items for monthly hampers for senior citizens,China Jerseys Cheap, less fortunate families,Wholesale Jerseys China, victims of disasters and children who excel academically.The simple ceremony was hosted last week at the Area ‘H’ Ground which is home to the Rose Hall Town Youth and Sports Club.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2438
用戶失蹤天數 1785
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 01:50 
Once?a pregnant woman is certain that she is ready to deliver, her next decision would be to?contactEsther CharlesEsther Charles. Charles’ popularity is widespread throughout the Amerindian Community of Mashabo, mainly because she is the only person in her Community who has been delivering babies for the last 28 years. She has been?rated good at what she does.Charles learnt the art of delivering babies outside of the hospital setting after she would accompany her mother, 74-year-old Rita Abrams, who operated as a midwife in Mashabo many years ago.Charles learnt by mere observation and gradually developed her skills over the years. She herself started to do house to house deliveries as a young woman until her quality of work gained recognition by Health workers,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, at the Suddie Public Hospital. She eventually landed a job as a Community Health Worker.“When I see some of the children in my Community that I would have delivered, I does tell their parents to take care of my grandchildren for me.”Charles, 54, said that whenever she is not looking out for the children she would have delivered,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, she usually renders assistance to them in the best possible form she can. Sometimes that help would come in the form of steering that child in the right direction with good advice.When Charles was a 23-year-old woman, she was afforded an opportunity to attend a workshop at the Suddie Public Hospital,Stitched Jerseys, her first of many. That opportunity arose after a senior doctor attached to the Suddie Public Hospital recognized the successful deliveries?that she (Charles) had performed in Mashabo.Transportation costs, Charles said,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, was way too costly for women to venture out of Mashabo to go to the Suddie Public Hospital to deliver their babies. A Health Post was needed. That facility was constructed several years ago and has assisted pregnant mothers from having the hassle to go to Suddie to do deliveries.With her prominence, operating as a Community Health Officer, Charles said pregnant mothers now have a safe place to deliver. Difficult cases, which Charles said are few,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, would be referred to the Suddie Public Hospital.The mother of seven said that she once had to walk out of Mashabo to get to the Huis t’ Dieren Health Center where she worked previously. Charles also did domestic work before operating fully as a trained Community Health Worker.Over the years,Wholesale Jerseys China, the Community has been equipped with a Health Post?and families owning their own boats?now have an improved life. Things are less stressful, Charles said.Charles who would retire in November is uncertain whether she would be re-hired on contract by the Region Two Administration. Acknowledging that she wouldn’t be able to operate independently either, she said that she would probably operate a grocery shop and plant a kitchen garden to continue to earn.The midwife admitted that she is fortunate to have acquired a skill which is now sustaining herself and family. She said that a lot of young women in Mashabo do not know to read and write and this issue needs to change in order for growth of her people to occur.She is encouraging young people to educate themselves since a sound education can rescue one from poverty.? (By Yannason Duncan).

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2439
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 02:52 
Lindeners will be pressing their demands for access to more electronic media, as they appeal for an end to the monopoly held by the state-owned National Communications Network (NCN).The Lindeners who are expected to join up with their counterparts in protests,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, say the time has come for an end to their bombardment with only biased programmes produced by the state-owned media entity.Gerald Whittington, who was among a group from the bauxite mining town, who were intercepted on their way to the city yesterday by police at Providence,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, East Bank Demerara, said that Lindeners must be given choices when it comes to information through the media.“If seventy-five percent of the people voted for APNU in Linden, that means we must have choices to see any other TV station, it is not fair to the people of Linden,” Whittington said.He added that for 19 years, the ruling party has denied them their right to choices,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, although the court had ruled that the NCN monopoly should end.The previous government appeared to be reluctant to fast track legislation that would lead to the opening up of the national airwaves to accommodate more radio and television stations in Linden.According to the Lindeners, even issues that are affecting them are shut out from publicity, especially when it is not in favour of the government.They claimed that even if the news is reported,China NFL Jerseys, it is slanted in such a way that would omit truthful information that exposed the inefficiency of the administration.They complained that all through the recent elections campaign, they were bombarded with advertisements of the People’s Progressive Party/Civic through the state-owned NCN.“Imagine all we hearing was ‘in my cup,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, in my cup’, nothing about Granger or APNU,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys,” Whittington said, adding that it is remarkable that a Partnership for National Unity did so well in Region Ten.“We did our groundwork. We had to, because APNU did not have ready media access to its supporters in Linden,” another resident stated.“You guys here would see any channel you need to see in Georgetown, we don’t have that luxury in Linden…we must have choices, we must have a say in our lives,” Whittington stressed.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2412
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 02:53 
Bibi Fazeela Rayman of Anna Catherina, West Coast Demerara is calling on Commissioner of Police Henry Greene and the Home Minister Affairs Clement Rohee to investigate some policemen who took advantage of her 15-year-old son.The mother of two said that her son Balkaram Teekram was sent to collect something on Friday last from a friend in the village and while on his way he was stopped by a jeep load of “black clothes” policemen who told him to jump into the vehicle.Bibi Fazeela RaymanThe woman said that residents who saw the incident informed her that her son willingly complied with the police’s orders.She subsequently visited the Leonora Police Station where she explained what was told to her and after making enquiries about her son,Wholesale Jerseys China, she was told that he was at the La Grange Police Station.But after checking there and not finding her son,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, the woman made an official complaint and subsequently met with the Divisional Commander who ordered that the youth be brought to the Leonora Police Station after learning that he was in police custody.The lad was later released into the custody of his parents.Yesterday the 15-year-old Balkaram Teekram told this newspaper that policemen in black clothing with large guns had stopped him on Friday, while he was walking on the road and told him to jump into their vehicle.The youth explained that he was taken into Canal Number Two,Cheap Jerseys USA, West Bank Demerara where he was made to fetch sand into a yard for an hour.After the involuntary ordeal,Cheap Jerseys NFL China, the lad was taken to the Leonora Police Station where he was handed over to his parents. “The police gave me a $1,Cheap Jerseys Store,000 before they bring me back.”The woman is alleging that what had happened can be considered kidnapping since her son was made to go somewhere involuntary without even contacting any relative to tell them of his whereabouts.“I am going to the Ministry of Human Services and ask them if people children are just treated so cruelly,Cheap Jerseys Online,” She said.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2439
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 05:36 
The new government should make it a priority to establish the Public Procurement Commission (PPC). It should also ensure that clear ethical guidelines are in place to address perceptions of nepotism and favoritism.US Charg? d’Affaires, Bryan HuntUS Charg? d’Affaires, Bryan Hunt, who made this comment, said that the practice of sole sourcing in the procurement process by Government would need an urgent rethink.The issue of corruption in the procurement system and conflict of interest had been a hot button under the previous People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) administration.Moves to establish the PPC have met one obstacle after another.There have been accusations of contracts being handed out to close friends and favourites; there have also been questions over engineers’ estimates being grossly exaggerated.Contractors who claimed they have been sidelined have complained bitterly of having no place to raise their concerns or get relief.The PPC with its sweeping oversight powers over state contracts was widely expected to address these concerns.According to Hunt, “Everybody wants it; everyone believes it is going to make a difference…I think they should do it.”The official, who has been outspoken on a number of issues, including the outcome of the recent General Elections which saw PPP/C losing its 23-year grip on power, noted that the new administration under President David Granger, has committed to taking steps for the establishment of the Procurement CommissionNew GPC’s Dr. Ranjisinghi ‘Bobby’ Ramroopin its first 100 days in office.He believes that it is one area that should be addressed “very,Wholesale Jerseys 2018, very quickly”.Sole SourcingWith regards to sole sourcing, the Charg?‘d’Affaires had misgivings,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, stopping short of saying, that the procurement system was abused under the PPP/C administration.He explained that sole source tendering “in a very limited way” makes sense. For example,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, when an entity provides a particular service or product that is not available elsewhere, “for example,China Jerseys Cheap, procurement of a particular defence item manufactured by a particular company. Sole source procurement might make sense…”“You have to have an open and transparent procuring system, to which everybody has the ability to bid.? I think they have to move away from the idea of sole sourcing for expediency.”The issue of sole sourcing has divided the Government and the Opposition during the last Parliament. This was after it became known that Government named New GPC as its preferred supplier of pharmaceuticals, doling out billions of dollars, annually, to the Ministry of Health and the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation.New GPC is owned by Dr. Ranjisinghi ‘Bobby’ Ramroop, a close friend of former President Bharrat Jagdeo.There were questions by a Parliamentary oversight committee over the price of drugs and its delivery.Bharrat JagdeoThe coalition had vowed to review, especially the practice of sole sourcing, which was more so glaring in the case of the New GPC.The US official also believed that the new Government should pull out all stops to ensure there are no conflicts of interest when it comes to state contracts.There should be clear ethics guidelines for Ministers and Senior Public Servants.President Granger had promised to ensure Ministers sign code of conduct agreements governing their behaviour while in office.Perception, NepotismThe issue of nepotism,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, favouritism and “the perception of nepotism and favoritism” is something that has been a real problem in Guyana,Jerseys From China, he says.With Guyana a small society, the issue will have to be tackled head-on.Under the Jagdeo administration, the son of President Donald Ramotar was hired to head the E-Governance project which involved the running of a fibre optic cable from Brazil. That part of the project had been halted after running into technical problems because of difficult terrain and breakages.Ramotar’s daughter was hired to head the Guyana Gold Board.A number of relatives of high ranking officials of the PPP/C were also placed in top positions or benefitted from state contracts, granted in questionable manner.“Whether there is any impropriety or not, the appearance has to be dealt with. So I think the idea of ethic pledges, ethics code of conduct for senior Ministers, public servants…you have to clearly lay down the guidelines of what you have to do.“If one of your family members happens to be working in an industry that is regulated by your Ministry, and should bid on a tender under your purview or is looking for a contract, how

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2412
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 08:10 
If de ERC was in action it woulda deal wid de Waterfalls paper. And at this elections time,Cheap Jerseys, it woulda be a serious charge because it inciting. People woulda claim is racism. One man pick up de papers and see African kill Eccles man.Well de man tek de thing suh serious that he call he wife and children fun tell dem de news. Is a good thing he wife coulda read but she and all had problems because she see Africanised bees and she think that de bees was short form fuh blacks.De son tell dem is bees from Africa but that didn’t change de situation. People want to know why these bees had to go to Eccles and dem kill a man.If de story was inside then people mightn’t tek notice but is a big bold headline suh it had to be that de Waterfalls paper sending a message. De Big Market paper didn’t have anything and de other one only claim that de man unconscious.Joke aside,Jerseys NFL Cheap, people like live wid trouble. Dem boys read how a man live wid a camoodie in he house and only know de danger when de snake kill he baby. Some other people keep tiger till it bite dem and one man had de nerve fuh put he head in alligator mouth. Thank Heavens he head hard.People does do funny things. De people at Eccles had these bees living in dem house fuh years. Then somebody spray insecticide. All dem bees from all dem house get mad. Is now dem frighten and all this coulda be avoided.Talk half. Lef half.