yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2419
用戶失蹤天數 2095
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 04:16 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
While many teenagers in the United States are enjoying their summer vacation, five young Americans have chosen to come to Guyana to volunteer their time with the Guyana Watch Medical outreach team.Akash Patel,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, Amar Ghodasara, Srikant Patel,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Raj Viroja and Shridhar Patel are all pursuing a career in the medical field.Speaking with Kaieteur News, 16-year-old Akash Patel said that he heard about the medical outreaches that Guyana Watch conducts in Guyana each year from his uncle.He said that he wants to pursue a career in the medical profession and as such decided to volunteer his time with the outreach.“I work in a hospital in the United States but it is not much hands-on activity; it’s just observing but here it’s different because I can actually do things other than just watch. It is a step further and I am enjoying it,” he said.High school student, Amar Ghodasara, said that he is getting ready to enter college but wanted some experience volunteering at a medical outreach.“I want to be in the health field, either pharmacy or general medicine. I heard about this outreach from my dad,Wholesale Jerseys From China, who heard about it from my uncle. This is more than I was expecting.”The 17-year-old added that he decided to volunteer with the team to Guyana rather than in the United States because persons over there, he added, are much more fortunate to have improved health care services.On the other hand, 19-year-old Srikant Patel is a student at the State University of New York.His father,China Jerseys, he told Kaieteur News, is friends with one of the members of the Guyana Watch Inc.?“I thought it’s a good idea to come and get some hands-on experience because I am pursuing a career in the medical field. I have volunteered in the United States and India but I wanted to come here to see how people live and to experience the culture.”At the same time, he said, he wanted to better understand how people live outside of the USA.“I have so far got a new understanding of how people live in other parts of the world. I have been working with the dentist and my experience has been quite fantastic.”The teenagers, who are staying at Le Meridien Pegasus along with the doctors and other supporting staff of Guyana Watch,Wholesale Jerseys China, are all paying their own airfare and accommodation.Eighteen-year-old Raj Viroja,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, like the others, is also aspiring to become a doctor.“I wanted to help people who are less fortunate than us in the United States and also I want to go into the medical field so I thought it would be a great opportunity to broaden my horizons by coming to Guyana.”He said that he wants to be a trauma surgeon.“All these doctors with the Guyana Watch team are so amazing and they have taught me a lot about medicine,” the teenager said.This view was also shared by 17-year-old Shridhar Patel. “I heard about it from my cousins who invited me to come here. I want to become a heart surgeon. Last year I went to India to volunteer and it was really nice but that was to teach children to use the computer. This experience has convinced me that I definitely want to be in the medical field. I definitely know that I will be coming again next year to volunteer again.”The Guyana Watch Medical Team is currently conducting its 16th annual outreach programme.In 2008/2009, Guyana Watch projects to assist at least 25 children for heart surgeries. (Tusika Martin)

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2392
用戶失蹤天數 2095
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-8 04:16 
“Equal air time for all parties”,Wholesale Jerseys USA, where the loud chants being heard fromSome of protestors at NCN yesterday.members of political parties, activists and concerned citizens protesting in front of the state owned National Communications Network (NCN) yesterday as expression of their frustration at not having equal air time to the People’s Progressive Party (PPP).Protestors from various walks of life, including a 73- year-old wheelchair bound woman clearly protested for “free speech for all” and demanded that their voices be heard.They posited that during this election season the entire country,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, especially the rural and hinterland areas should know the facts about all political parties in order to efficiently be able to make an informed decision at the polls.They noted that NCN is a ‘national’ network and as such should represent the interest of all in a fair and unbiased way“NCN means National Communications Network and therefore, there should be equal airtime for all and APNU/AFC as one of the major political parties should be given equal airtime as the PPP,” a coalition member saidPolitical and social activist Freddie Kissoon who was at the forefront of the protest noted, “It’s ironic what this picket demonstrates,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, the hypocrisy? of the Guyana government and the People’s Progressive Party Civic (PPP/C)… when Jagdeo observed the elections in Sri-Lanka in his report for Commonwealth, he stated that the ruling party wasn’t giving sufficient coverage to the opposition and the government was using resources for their own narrow electoral campaign… the PPPC campaign headed by Jagdeo is doing exactly the same,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, there can be no bigger hypocrite in politics? than this man.”Members of the Healing the Nation Theocracy Party (HNTP)? called on the Chief Executive Officer of NCN, Molly Hassan? to grant them more airtime to educate the public about their party’s strategies for Guyana. “As a politician I believe that we all should be given equal air time, they are giving us one hearing and that is not enough , we are supposed to have more air time… it is very important to express our manifesto to the people, it’s our democratic right”, said Ras Leon Saul, Prime Ministerial candidate of the party.One protestor made the point that “because NCN has the widest reach in Guyana,Jerseys From China, only persons in the capital city with access to other television and radio stations would be aware of the utterances of all the parties,Cheap Jerseys, whilst those in rural areas with access to only the NCN network will be bombarded with a one sided monopoly being played by the ruling party.”