hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2413
用戶失蹤天數 1889
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-10 07:11 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Leonard Gildarie Last week was eventful. A few things grabbed my attention and I could not but help think how criticalLeonard Gildarieit is for us to follow rules. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), rules,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, regulations and laws. In my simple mind,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, they are all words that conjure up images of order in society or organizations. They are critical to keep order lest we descend into chaos.The police last week issued a statement barring plainclothes police from using unmarked cars to follow or stop citizens. The statement also made it clear that traffic ranks are not allowed to stop and search vehicles unless there is reasonable suspicion or a crime has been observed.I have an issue with what ‘reasonable suspicion’ is. There are many decent police officers. My father was one when he was killed in the prime of his life in 1980.Over time, the force allowed corruption to creep in. We hear too often that a mere complaint at the police station could see the dragging of feet. There appears always to be an expectant look in the eyes of police. You often hear ranks asking for a drinks money or telling you they are “still waiting on the Christmas bonus”. It is sickening.On Friday, the Chairman of the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA), Rawle Lucas,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, disclosed that secrecy rules of the authority were breached when the entity’s Commissioner-General,Cheap Jerseys Store, Khurshid Sattaur, cooperated with an embassy official here.Those regulations, as I understand it, are part of GRA’s SOPs.There was once a time when a visit to the passport office was a dreaded affair. You had to pay someone to speed up the process. The wait in the sun and the lines were a nightmare. Things improved with a shed being built and the process made somewhat easier.How many times have we seen long lines in front of Camp Road office and are unaware of how far some of the persons there have travelled from and what time they started camping out?As I am on this, I hope the new administration moves quickly to introduce systems that will see Berbicians and residents from outlying regions no longer having to travel to Camp Road for a renewal or a new passport. What is wrong with us? Services like these are critical and I understand full well the security implications of ensuring control, but we have to pull out the stops to reduce bureaucratic delays.After all, we are talking about a good life for all Guyanese.When it comes to our service industry, we are way behind where we should be.And there are a number of reasons for this – lack of training, and inexperience as to how other successful businesses are being run. I think every worker in the tourism industry should have overseas training, travelling to five-star operations to learn how things are done.The customer is the most important person. He or she must be made to feel that way.How well are we doing in Guyana in this regard?Things have been improving also at the birth certificate office. But there was a time when Guyanese would tell you about the rackets being run there, about money being paid to speed up things. We cannot deny these things never happen. People talk all the time. Names are dropped.The public at large knows who is taking money to get service done.When a customer walks into a restaurant, or a tourist is at CJIA,NFL Jerseys China, he or she and the family or friends are all expecting one thing – a good time. We have to learn how to meet those expectations.I was told recently about an incident involving a close friend of mine. His wife went to the airport and an official at our airport was disrespectful about a particular part of her body that he found attractive.I could go and on.The point is that we have Standard Operating Procedures at our hotels, restaurants, for the army and police, and definitely at the birth certificate and passport offices.Government officials have to know what they can and cannot do.Recently there was the highly publicized case of a senior official who used his position to give his friend lands.There are SOPs for this kind of behaviour. The company laws are clear about what is conflict of interest.It is when we don’t educate ourselves about what should prevail that we fall into the trap that this country finds itself in.Policemen and women and all our public officials should familiarize themselves with the regulations. Something may not be wrong legally, but is it okay to do something unethical?The case of NICIL is a clear one. Mr Winston Brassington used his position at NICIL to buy up shares in Hand-in-Hand for an overseas-based brother. He did not tell anyone and somehow the matter came to light. Was it wro