yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-11 09:08 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…former PPP member plagues the partyIn the incumbent People’s Progressive Party (PPP) they are lining up to castigate “The Naga” and they would have good reason to. This is the view of some members of his new political party.Moses Nagamootoo was a force to be reckoned with in the party, maintaining solid votes at party congresses. In 2008,NFL Jerseys Outlet, when he was not even in the government, he was the Top Five vote getter at that year’s congress.From President Bharrat Jagdeo to Minister Clement Rohee to the son of the party founder, the party leadership is out to discredit Nagamootoo and to prevent those who have been loyal to him to keep voting for the PPP.Today, Nagamootoo heads to Whim to campaign with the Alliance for Change (AFC), the party he joined after resigning from the PPP Monday.He was born in Whim. His parents, Gagana (Chunoo) and Nagamootoo Ramaswamy (Mootoo) were first generation Guyana-born offspring of Indian immigrants who came from India’s Madrasi population.His book, Hendree’s Cure: Scenes from Madrasi Life in a New World (Peepal Tree, 2000), a work of documentary fiction,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, is a libation to the Madrasi world of his youth.The PPP knows Nagamootoo’s strength with the “rank and file” and his words have weight, so much so, that the party was playing his 2006 speeches on state television in Berbice. But Nagamootoo’s supporters know him well.One man called him to say that he could not be fooled. The man realised that in the TV speech, Nagamootoo was wearing a “dye” coloured shirt, and not the “red” that the PPP is currently using.“I therefore request that the PPP/Civic refrain from further using my speeches and interviews from previous campaigns,MLB Jerseys From China, and distorting same, to fool my supporters and the Guyanese electorate that I am campaigning in 2011 for the PPP/C,NFL Jerseys China,” Nagamotoo said on announcing his resignation.Nagamootoo, 64, stepped away from an almost five-decade run in the PPP over frustrations with the party leadership.“I had come to the conclusion that a cabal had hijacked the PPP to serve narrow agendas of personal power,Cheap NFL Jerseys, privileges, perks and pensions over dedicated duty to our people.”Nagamootoo has served as a Member of the PPP Cabinet Governments of Dr Cheddi Jagan, Janet Jagan, Samuel Hinds and Bharrat Jagdeo.This week,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, President Jagdeo said that Nagamootoo does not deserve to be respected and said he hoped the PPP supporters would not give him that support.Rohee called Nagamootoo a “hyprocrite” saying ever since the death of party founder Dr Cheddi Jagan, Nagamootoo has been on a quest for power.Nagamootoo has made no bones of pursuing the “lean and clean” ideals of Dr Cheddi Jagan, but this week, Jagan’s son, Cheddi Jr, said “Moses whom I’ve known a long time talks as if he is the embodiment of Cheddi Jagan’s legacy but what he fails to understand is that no one man can ever fill the space of Jagan’s legacy whereas Uncle Donald (as he is referred to on the streets now), understands that even a thousand men of high caliber would find it a difficult job.”Nagamootoo was educated at the Auchlyne Scots School, Corentyne and the Rose Hall and Comprehensive High Schools. He was a visiting journalist at the University of Kansas and pursued studies towards a Law degree at the University of Guyana and the University of the West Indies.He was a teacher from 1964-71.He has the support of his wife, Sita (a former head teacher and lecturer at the teacher’s training college) and that of his four children Angela, Maria, Adela and Moses Ernesto.