無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2401
用戶失蹤天數 1877
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-27 21:12 
Following his arrest on Friday night, the leader of the Yoruba Singers band, Eze Rockcliffe, said that he was released on $5000 station bail, and was told to report back to the Brickdam Police Station yesterday.Rockcliffe said that when he returned to the police station at 9:00 hours yesterday,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, the police ranks took his statement and told him that he should return tomorrow at the same time.According to reports reaching this newspaper, the Yoruba Singers band was performing at the Clerical and Commercial Workers Union (CCWU), at Quamina and Waterloo Streets, when police ranks came into the building and announced that the music needed to be turned off.Rockcliffe alleges that he said that this was not possible, as they always play at that location, and had been doing so for a number of years.He said that the rank who passed the instruction left, and another rank came in. Rockcliffe said that, after a discussion,China NFL Jerseys, he agreed to turn the volume down. When this second rank left, the first rank apparently returned and said that the music needed to be turned off, since persons in the area were complaining of the noise.Rockcliffe said that he agreed to turn off the speakers outside the venue, but the rank refused this offer and said that Rockcliffe would have to “go to Brickdam.”Rockcliffe said that the police ranks ‘chucked’ his wife, and handled him roughly as he was ‘thrown into the police vehicle.’ He was held at the Brickdam Police Station for approximately three hours, before he was released on station bail, with instructions to report back to the police station at 9:00 hours yesterday.The leader of the band said that he was not entirely sure why the police arrested him. The police arrived at CCWU approximately 21:00hours on Friday night. Rockcliffe added that, to his knowledge, music is permitted until midnight,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, before it becomes a public nuisance.Terming the events of that evening a ‘travesty of justice,’ Rockcliffe said that there was no reasoning with the police ranks.He also noted that the state of the Brickdam lockups was appalling. “I was not in the lockups,Wholesale Jerseys 2017,” said Rockcliffe,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, “it was some sort of dungeon. It was the worst human condition I have ever experienced.”The leader of the Yoruba Singers said that it was unfortunate, since he had been in the business of music for 38 years and had never experienced a situation like that before.“In August, I was working with Carifesta, and now, in January,NFL Jerseys Supply, they want to arrest me,” said Rockcliffe.The Yoruba Singers is perhaps Guyana’s oldest surviving band.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2414
用戶失蹤天數 1760
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-27 21:21 
(By Mondale Smith)In pursuit of long life many live by doctor’s orders but centenarian Millicent Sealy has additional recommendations. “Take daily glasses of cow heel broth, some soup at the weekends,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, drinks lots of coffee, live healthy, take care of yourself, be God-fearing and live lovingly with your neighbours.”Fondly called ‘Aunty Mille’, the former dressmaker who did catering for a living, sat among relatives and friends to celebrate another milestone yesterday in Ward Eight at the Palms.Not a woman of many words, she searched her memory then delivered an enviable eloquence void of the slurs of the average aged person.While eating cake provided by neighbours and other goodies from relatives she said, “I am 103 and I wish for nothing more than health and strength on my birthday.”Among those who celebrated with her were neighbours Eilene James and Barbra Yearwood along with Reverend Lesley Edmondson.At age 101,China Jerseys Cheap, she cooked and cared for herself and house with some assistance from neighbours. She is hoping to do so again some time soon but currently needs some assistance to walk.Age has depreciated her hearing but she still reads. All of her other faculties are intact and she boasts a wealth of nostalgic memories that go back many years.Aunty Millicent Sealy shares her 103 birthday cake with Reverend Lesley Edmondson“Long ago I remember being among a crowd on High Street, near the courts to see the queen and king and I remember seeing them walk around admiring the place. I did not get to shake their hands but it was exciting.”To Aunty Mille, “growing up in Guyana was simple and whatever was given to you,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, you made good use of it.” On her special day she said “I feel healthy and as I become older I get stronger.”Reflecting on Christmas she said, “I love my pepper-pot with plenty meat and cow heel and I used to bake cake. I also made my own ginger beer.” Rating her ginger beer? as the best, she said “You get your ginger, grate it, add sugar, water and spice and clove and you allow it to sit for awhile.Married at age 16, she spent most of her youthful life at Linden before buying a house on Duncan Street. “The Almighty knows best and only he can say why we hadn’t any children but my husband was a good man,” she said.During their union,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, she managed a shop, catered for major functions and parties and was a seamstress also. Eventually she adopted her niece’s son,Wholesale Jerseys, Desmond, who lived with her at her home on Duncan Street until three months ago when she was taken to the Palms.Her neighbours,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, some for as many as 46 years, had no comments on the matter but Millicent was in the news recently when her son physically assaulted her because she left the house while he slept.“I adopted my son as a baby and I took good care of him.” He was missing from yesterday’s celebrations.The last of 12 children for her parents, she was born on the East Bank of Demerara but grew up in Linden after attending the Freeburg School.Her former neighbours described her as “a very nice woman who loved to dance, sing and share old time stories.” But above all she was full of wisdom. Her advice to youths is “Live peaceful and in love…and long as you do that you will be happy”.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 2091
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-27 22:44 
CLICO (Guyana)’s judicial manager has secured a temporary restraining order against First Citizens Bank Limited of Trinidad and Tobago from collecting US$15 million from Bosai. Chief Justice Ian Chang made the order last week.Bosai had secured a loan of US$18 million from Caribbean Investment Bank (CIB), a subsidiary of CL Financial, to conduct its investment in Guyana. CIB, which later became First Citizens Bank Limited, had made the loan and over time,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, received US$3 million by way of repayment from Bosai.The Judicial Manager, having secured control of the assets of CLICO (Guyana) and recognizing that the local company was linked to the Trinidad Bank,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, decided that since CL Financial owed Guyana through investments made to CLICO (Bahamas), byCLICO (Guyana), it would seek to freeze any payments to be made out of Guyana.CLICO (Guyana) had transferred US$36 million to CLICO (Bahamas).When the latter collapsed,Wholesale Jerseys China, Guyana was forced to retain lawyers to help recover its money, which represented some 53 per cent of the assets of CLICO (Guyana).CLICO (Guyana), on instructions from the Commissioner of Insurance, has asked CLICO (Bahamas) to demand its investment, which,Cheap Jerseys China, up until the collapse in February,Wholesale Jerseys NFL, had been earning interest at the rate of some seven per cent.However, CLICO (Bahamas) could not repay Guyana. Its problems began when it could not even pay a claim for US$1.2 million to a claimant in Turks and Caicos. Almost immediately, the Bahamas Government took control of its assets in a move to protect the interest of the people there.No sooner had this been done that Guyana seized the assets of CLICO (Guyana).The money loaned to Bosai represents a significant portion of Guyana’s investment to the subsidiaries of the Trinidad Company. The repayment would have been done throughCLICO (Guyana) on guarantees made by the Trinidad Company.By moving to the courts to restrain Bosai from making payments to the Trinidad-based bank,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, Guyana is hoping to recover almost half of the money invested in CLICO (Bahamas). This, coupled with the assets of CLICO (Guyana), would go a long way toward repaying the local investors whose money is currently on hold pending a thorough investigation by the Commissioner of Insurance and the auditors recruited to investigate the state of affairs of CLICO (Guyana).The aim is to seek a trade-off between Guyana and the Trinidad subsidiaries of CL Financial, which is currently managed by the Trinidad Government. Bosai would pay this money to the Guyana Government instead of to First Citizens Bank Limited.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2414
用戶失蹤天數 1760
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-28 01:17 
Former Commonwealth Secretary- General,NBA Jerseys China, Sir Shridath Ramphal,Discount NFL Jerseys, is of the firm belief that Guyana is drifting away from its democratic principles and what the country needs to take it forward is a national coalition.Sir Shridath Ramphal during his interview with Kaieteur NewsSir Shridath made these assertions, among others, during an exclusive interview with Kaieteur News at a luncheon held by the Guyana Manufacturing and Services Association (GMSA) at the Pegasus Hotel last week.At that forum, Presidential Candidate for the A Partnership for National Unity and Alliance for Change (APNU+AFC), David Granger, provided to members of the business community, the Opposition’s plan to promote the diversification and improvement of the Guyana economy.Mr Ramphal, who attended that meeting, was subsequently asked to give his take on democracy in Guyana and if he feels, based on his observations, that it is being undermined.He said that democracy is above everything else,Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale, a state of mind and it is, of course, enforced by strong institutions.“But what we need is a state of mind in the whole country among the politicians, the parties and the people. We must have a country in which there is freedom of thought, expression and freedom to act and pay respect to the rights of others and to make that a kind of credo where we really believe it and act it out.That is the foundation of any democratic state and Guyana has been drifting away from that from all sides. The recipe for the restoration for democracy, I will say that it has to start with changing the mindset that currently prevails,” the distinguished Guyanese scholar added.Speaking to the way forward in that regard Sir Shridath said that as the nation gears for the May 11 elections,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, it is important that the process of changing the mindset begins during the election process.He also said that it must be done in a manner that does not see the nation descending further into the state it is in. Rather, he said, the country for its advancement at all levels must rise to a higher level of thinking.On the note of corruption in Guyana and even globally, the former Foreign Affairs Minister said that it is indeed corrosive and any new government in tackling corruption will have to take some institutional steps that rid the population of that disease which affects everyone.Granger at the forum had spoken to the end of the “winner takes all” politics in Guyana.On that particular point, Sir Shridath said that while the concept is an unfortunate one,Sale NFL Jerseys, it was actually inherited from the British but emphasized that it is clear that it does not work for everyone.“Britain has elevated itself as the motherhood of democracies… It has been a homogenous society; it is changing and already Britain has had to enter coalition politics. Guyana’s constitution has itself moved away from the initial Constitution which I drafted. But when I left Guyana in 1975 the Constitution was changed and part of the processes of change, I am afraid, enhanced the winner takes all style,” the former co-chair of the Commission on Global Governance asserted.He emphasized that the winner of the upcoming General and Regional Elections must make moves to “rethink a lot of things” in the Constitution. Additionally, Sir Shridath said that the political system is in fact making changes of its own and that is in the form of coalition politics.“And a national coalition is the direction in which the country has to go,” he added.In terms of economic security, Mr Ramphal said that Guyana has to transition into a climate of development through foreign investment and local entrepreneurship and rise out of its present condition to one of prosperity.He asserted that Guyana’s natural resources are enormous but there is a serious need to have an economic and political environment where the nation can rise to that level of success for all.The academic sought to add,China Jerseys Wholesale, “We don’t have that right now.”Sir Shridath concluded that while there are a whole range of things to be done by the next government to achieve the points raised, he said that if it is one thing Guyana seriously needs now, “is a larger voice for the people.”